Wii vs ps3 vs 360 - whats in the future..? (speculation)

Piracy will kill the future of pc games. ID software gave up on the pc afte doom 3 did way better on consoles.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
Geeze is this thread about is WoW geeky? Lol I think it is - but its just one mans opinion. None of the guys I play football with - or work with - or drink with - or even the musicians I know play WoW.
Most play console games though and even pc fps some of them.

Unfortunately for your argument, Scotland doesn't make up for too much of the gaming world.

Piracy will kill the future of pc games. ID software gave up on the pc afte doom 3 did way better on consoles.

The Console Wars: Blu-ray Disc Announces Copy Protection | Xbox 360, Playstation 3 PS3, Revolution

Eventually PC games will be played on HD-DVD or Bluray, and they will be protected in the same way ps3 games are.

Last edited:
PC gaming will continue as its always done, or it will decline. Pcs are too technical for the majority of the population to accept. When I put a playstation game in a playstation console - I know its going to work. I'm not going to have to go into the options and tailor my settings to compromise between graphics/gameplay and fiddle with settings. Also playing with a controller developed for games - and not typing - makes a lot more sense don't you think? Also you only have to upgrade every 4-5 years instead of every year to play the latest pc game.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
When I put a playstation game in a playstation console - I know its going to work. I'm not going to have to go into the options and tailor my settings to compromise between graphics/gameplay and fiddle with settings.

Exactly why PC Gamers are NERDS. They will complain that the Blu-Ray drive containing, Ps3 is $600 then turn around, go to CompUSA (or wherever nerds shop) and buy a $600 graphics card to stick into their $2000 PC that still doesn't have a next-generation disc drive. Makes complete sense... no seriously... it does.

all the true hardcore games i know dont care about graphic

LOL. This is nuts. I said one thing in my opening post someone disagreed with and we have nothing but flaming and arguments for the rest of the tread. brilliant! :lol:

Personally i'd rather lie on my nice comfy bed or armchair, with my big widescreen TV playing video games, although top end PC's produce far smoother and better graphics IMO, but i pretty much know nothing about PC gaming as i've never purchased an amazing graphics card.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
LOL. This is nuts. I said one thing in my opening post someone disagreed with and we have nothing but flaming and arguments for the rest of the tread. brilliant! :lol:

The mest up thing is that I wasn't even disagreeing with you, I was just adding PC gaming to the list.

And on the topic of computers being too technical. They are becoming less and less complicated for the end user.

I love using pcs for games. But jesus I can't keep up with the demands it makes of me in order to play games. time and money. I know pcs are on there way to being user friendly. But you still have to install new drivers to even run a control pad. And if you aren't capable of fitting your own graphics card a pc repair centre will rip you off big time doing it for you. (I can build a PC from the ground up - but I'm a minority)
Pcs still have a long way to go in terms of being user friendly.
I suppose the younger generations (anyone my ageish and below) have a good grasp of how electronics and computers operate - that may be a factor in the future.

Exactly, the kind of stuff that we find highly technical know a days, is the kind of stuff that will be common knowledge to the next generations. Computers will be a big part of society, and will only get bigger. For example, how large e-commerce has become.

Yeah, except that Blue-Ray Burners are now being advertised in Best Buy Circulars... :wtf:

I think it will take a move on the part of the entertainment industry (games/movies) to bring pc functionality to other areas of our lives though rather than the other way around. I remember the 360 was supposed to come in 2 forms. one a games machine - and one that works with windows that you can use to do your homework on. Thats how I see pcs being integrated. as hybrid systems that are dvd player - games console - wii channel type thing + pc functionality on the side. Not Pcs incorporating all the other areas... If that makes sense? :ee5k:

BrandonMcAuslan said:
I'm sorry but playing gta some evenings does not compare to reaching level 600+ blah blah on everquest and WoW by playing 24/7... Pc gaming guys are geekier than console owners.

itll suprise you on how many people play(ed) starcraft, diablo, counterstrike, or even games like cod2 on the pc......

Hey we shouldn't argue on what is a gek and wat isent but who is a poser geek, yes i know some people that try to be like me but lol fail. he pays WoW and CSS and talks the talk but he cant walk the walk, knows all the MMO crap but he is not l33t, its so anoying he thinks he is so smart at computers. anyways, go GEEKs!

martin8768 said:
Hey we shouldn't argue on what is a gek and wat isent but who is a poser geek, yes i know some people that try to be like me but lol fail. he pays WoW and CSS and talks the talk but he cant walk the walk, knows all the MMO crap but he is not l33t, its so anoying he thinks he is so smart at computers. anyways, go GEEKs!

For a geek, you don't type very well or even read over what you post... maybe you are the poser.

Back