PS360 answers the Wii, finally

vagrant said:
Wow you should really go back and reread what I said.

Ok.

Vagrant said:
Just because you personally lose interest in the Wii, doesn't mean the Wii as a whole has died.

Yup, that's what I accused you of saying the first time. It wasn't related to my post then, and it still isn't. I also accused you of agreeing with someone who claimed this was a Wii is dead thread. If you want to talk about some other Wii is dead sentiment on the forum here, feel free. I'll continue to point out that it's unrelated to this thread*.

Vagrant said:
You are kind of just fishing for a reason to ***** at this point. You would make an awesome mother.

"At this point"? No. I was happy to jump on your case the moment an opportunity presented itself. Every thread I've seen you in in the past week (the entire period I've been aware of your existence) you've been nitpicking and nagging on people about some sort of forum housekeeping, they're posting in the wrong forum, they're posting info that was posted elsewhere in some obscure thread, they're idiots. You're not kind or generously attempting to help newbies get the lay of the land, you're just superior and smug, and half the time, you're not even on target about how things 'should' be done. So I'm happy to target you. I would have let anyone else off by now, but you keep rising to the bait, so I keep baiting the hook. It makes me look like as big a jerk as you, but my image here doesn't really concern me. What really happened? You made a tiny error six pages ago. You won't cop to it, and I feel like spreading some misery around.

*This isn't a "Wii is dead" thread, so what is it? It's a Nintendo hasn't kept their promises to hardcore gamers (yet), but they can and they should thread. It repeatedly acknowledges that even if Nintendo ignores hardcore gamers, they're still in good shape. If you'd read it, you'd know we agree on that--that even if the Wii doesn't cater to my particular interests, it isn't done for. This thread explains why I don't care about the other hardcore options (PS360). I don't take umbrage to people disagreeing. I don't mind people ignoring me. I do mind being pigeon-holed with the anti-Nintendo crowd. I've been fighting anti-Wii sentiment since I arrived. It's past time Nintendo helped me with the fight a bit.

Yup, that's what I accused you of saying the first time. It wasn't related to my post then, and it still isn't. I also accused you of agreeing with someone who claimed this was a Wii is dead thread. If you want to talk about some other Wii is dead sentiment on the forum here, feel free. I'll continue to point out that it's unrelated to this thread*.

Are you by chance delusional? Why would it be related to your post? I was never talking to you...I never even quoted you.

If this is a Menopausal thing I am sorry, but otherwise stop acting like a whiney douche looking for reasons to whine.

Eagles said:
lol your comments like that always make me laugh vagrant :lol:

I got a little laugh out of that one too. Better to be funny than smart I always say.

Vagrant said:
Why would it be related to your post? I was never talking to you...

You quoted manufan15 and signaled that you agreed with his assessment of this post. His assessment was that this was a "Wii is dead" thread. He was incorrect, a forgiveable mistake. In agreeing with him, you were incorrect as well.

You see, your words have meanings. In explaining to manu why this thread was the way it was, you said "This forum is just filled with pessimists". The word that gives away your meaning there is "just". It connects the sentence to manu's accidental misreading, and can be re-written without change in meaning this way: "[The reason he said that is that] this forum is [] filled with pessimists".

I never even quoted you.

Or anyone else that accused the Wii of being dead. Thus that "off-topic" notice you keep denying. If you recall, we've already settled that you were both 1) wrong about what this thread is about in the first part of your post And 2) randomly musing about off-topic material in the second part.

I'm here to help Vagrant. The world didn't end because you failed to read a long-winded post all the way through. You spoke in error, big deal. Internally accept your mistake and be at peace again.

Vagrant said:
If this is a Menopausal thing I am sorry, but otherwise stop acting like a whiney douche looking for reasons to whine.

Given how lowly you think of me, why is it you can't walk away from this thread? Why am I worth your valuable time? Everyone else stopped reading this a couple of pages ago. My money says there's no chance you don't get the last word in unless the thread is locked before you get the chance.

Brawny said:
hellz yeah. It's enough that that gheywad CHO is south korean....then the dead marathon gamer...now this? ahhahaha

whiteys.....:nonod:
BRAWNY IS ASIAN:??????????

Wiinter said:
Given how lowly you think of me, why is it you can't walk away from this thread? Why am I worth your valuable time? Everyone else stopped reading this a couple of pages ago. My money says there's no chance you don't get the last word in unless the thread is locked before you get the chance.

In case you haven't noticed, talking **** is kind of just what I do.

Wiinter said:
Everyone else stopped reading this a couple of pages ago. My money says there's no chance you don't get the last word in unless the thread is locked before you get the chance.

Bah I figured this argument would be over but it is kinda funny to read...I kinda wanna see which one of you does get the last word in...If i can help it, it will be me...I mean how many times can you repeat the same facts/statments...Either way im not taking sides...now to make this about the topic..hrrm..The 3rd party titles will come in time until then Red Steel 2 will have to do...

vagrant said:
In case you haven't noticed, talking **** is kind of just what I do.

Mmm. You may have me there. Still, no better way for me to improve than to go head-to-head with an expert.

Dr. Acula said:
Bah I figured this argument would be over but it is kinda funny to read...

In a 'wow, look at the trainwreck' kind of way? Yeah. I get that.

ganton said:
nintendo will answer when there wii's are staying on the shelves for more then a day

Not a lot of motivation to take immediate action, I agree. However they do have resources to use and promises to keep. And miles to go before they sleep, and miles to go before they sleep.

I have yet to find a release date for medal of honor: Heroes, but the multiplayer options there sound promising. Will the system be capable of supporting it with, say, bluetooth headsets when it hits store shelves? Is Nintendo pressing to fill their lineup gaps in a reasonable amount of time? Or are they happy to just limp 2007 out, and own Christmas '07 with their own titles? I'm not asking Nintendo to "give" me anything. Just to sell me some options. While they don't risk losing me to the PS360, they do risk me giving up for at least a cycle and pouring my limited gaming budget into my PC instead. Not a business-ender, but when you're running for first place, every buyer counts. Especially in the beginning.

vagrant said:
I'm sorry I love you and I love Firefly/Serenity.

Trickey, trickey. Well I'm not going to give in that easily!

I disagree with your opinion on Metroid. Metroid is nothing else but a Single player game, it has nor will ever be the next counterstrike or halo nor is it aimed to be nor should it ever try to be. Anyone stating different needs to find a different franchise to follow around cause saying metroid single player sucks because it doesnt have multiplayer is like saying pepsi sucks cause coke is better, neither is relevant for both.

Mmkay?

Last edited:
graphics graphics graphics. Is that what we really want in games? People think of Next-Gen as better graphics, higher res, HD, and Blu-Ray crap. Where's the gameplay going? To me the Wii is our New-Gen, a good generation which actually focuses on gameplay, the fun of games, and actually trying to go into another direction. Coming out games like Big Brain Academy, Brain age, or Wii Fit is awesome, i love it. PS3 and 360 are for the hardcore gamers. Wii are for both casual and hardcore as well. I also like how you didn't post anything about the PS3 promises.

I disagree with your opinion on Metroid. Metroid is nothing else but a Single player game, it has nor will ever be the next counterstrike or halo nor is it aimed to be nor should it ever try to be. Anyone stating different needs to find a different franchise to follow around cause saying metroid single player sucks because it doesnt have multiplayer is like saying pepsi sucks cause coke is better, neither is relevant for both.

Mmkay?

Agreed. There wouldn't be as good of a halo without metroid ^^.

Last edited:
Ashenshugar said:
Anyone stating different needs to find a different franchise to follow around cause saying metroid single player sucks because it doesnt have multiplayer is like saying pepsi sucks cause coke is better, neither is relevant for both.

Mmkay?

Who would anyone say that Metroid Single player sucks for lack of multiplayer? Certainly not me. We agree on that point. However, the addition of multiplayer need not have hurt the single player campaign.

Bringing up Metroid here was not an attempt to rehash an argument that you and your fellow Metroid fans have already soundly won, it was to ask why Nintendo doesn't have a Winter 2007 answer to this FPS multiplayer gap....? Fine, let it be another franchise, but instead of stepping up to make sure the hole is filled, Nintendo is actually preventing this from happening by keeping online functions out of the hands of 3rd parties for so long. Whatever their reasons, the action came with a cost.

As I said, Nintendo could have become an investment partner with a 3rd party to bring such a title to market early had they wanted to. It would have been a sound investment, not charity, and it would have been a fulfullment of their promise to serve all types of gamers, but I think it's pretty likely that they wanted to own FPS fans with Metroid before letting much competition in. They may assume, probably correctly, that lacking much desired multiplayer FPS options will increase Metroid sales and grow the franchise. Do you support using Metroid, which isn't Really FPS, to exclude FPS fans from getting what they want? It's one thing to say hey, you buy games you like, we'll buy games we like. Saying instead you get games we like or nothing (for now) is a different story. It does risk alienating hardcore gamers that Nintendo promised to support.

RivalDestiny said:
I also like how you didn't post anything about the PS3 promises.

You're welcome.

I must say I'm a little disappointed the argument ended, never the less I shall still have the last word...oh well i just wanna know what kind of MP they would have put into MP, other then a clone of MP: Hunters...I have an idea of what a MP would have looked like for MP and it does not seem like it would be all that great anyway, unless they use the idea from Hunters that is. Then again its just the point that they should have tried to put a MP in it isnt it?

Back