Red Steel 2 First Look In Next NGamer

I hope this game will be far better than Red Steel, the game was fine only.

We want an outstanding game this time Ubisoft!!

I hope this time they used the Assassin's Creed Engine ported directly to the Wii instead the bad fit Unreal Engine 2.

I hope this game will be far better than Red Steel, the game was fine only.

We want an outstanding game this time Ubisoft!!

I hope this time they used the Assassin's Creed Engine ported directly to the Wii instead the bad fit Unreal Engine 2.

Yeah because that sure is possible (sarcasm)

Yeah I think the hype was what killed its ratings with most critics. This game easily rates between a 7-8.5. However because it was hyped to be some kinda GOTY candidate, a lot of reviewers dropped it to a 5.5 (I'm looking at ya Gamespot). I think if it was never talked about and just came out of nowhere, it would have gotten the respect it deserved.

Totally agree. I thought for a launch title it was worth a 7 and it is still the only FPS on Wii with 4 player splitscreen multiplayer.

There was a lot that I really liked about Red Steel. The way you could turn the Wiimote sideways and your gun did the same. The music was great and fitted the game perfectly. The focus mode, although I hardly ever needed to use it.

The only real faults were some dodgy graphics (especially the lighting on character models), the clunky menu system, some shaky IR (when it'd go into a spin) and the swordplay which felt forced and repetitive. Tenchu did the same kind of swordplay (block, block, attack) much better even though it is tougher, but Red Steel 2 with motion plus could be awesome.

I thought the original RedSteel was an alright title, but considering it was on the Wii it was actually a decent game. The only problem I had was that if I played the game even for a bit I'd get a headache :crazy:

Back