SSBB Design Contest 3: Mini-Stages

gymkidjim said:
*EDIT* i got the picture now. i guess its ok.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n77/gaarathesand/tetris.jpg

btw if any of you want to look at my art on DA go to http://www.jyb-art.deviantart.com

but my idea is tetris style ^.^ your in a tetris game basically. once the blocks start falling you can hit them with the A button to make them turn or hit them with the B button to make them move depending on how hard you hit them and which direction you hit them. Try to get as many rows filled as possible before 3 minutes ends. Can be played alone and with friends. with multiplayer you can fight them and KO them to give you more time. or you can box them up in the blocks. And the more rows you fill the faster the blocks fall. if your trapped in between blocks and a block falls on top of you you will die and the block will fill the space.

well..thats about all i can think for right now "/ hope its good ^.^

I apologize for the late notice, but after a second look at your entry, I have decided to disqualify it. I know you spent time on it, but it's pretty clear you took an existing image and just added a few lines of text and a SSBB logo. I'm asking for designs created from scratch that showcase whatever drawing ability you may or may not have. I just ask that you try.

Also, if after 4 hours there is still only one contestant, I will simply declare +Maniacal=Maniac+ the winner and award him his 5 points.

EDIT: After this contest, the SSBB design contest will be indefinitely suspended due to lack of participation. I simply don't have the time nor the willingness to continue this competition if there's only going to be one contestant.

Last edited:
Well I should be finishing up soon anyways. I'll upload in a sort bit.

*Edit*

Okay here's my entry! @_@ I didn't have much time, so I did it in 3d, with 3ds Max. Anyways, I'm proud to present. . .

BARREL BLAST

BarrelBlast_Over.jpg

This can be played by multiple players, taking turns with automated random barrel stages. Player one will start from the first barrel and make his/her way to the huge coin, only using barrels.

The barrels order will change with each player, also there will be those nice tricky barrel runs I'm sure many can remember from Donkey Kong Country. The stage can be longer and more tricky depending on the skill level the players set. Enjoy and BLAST AWAY!!! ^_-

Last edited:
Haha, yeah I get several no-posting bans even when I'm on topic...so much for Mod =P

naisatoh has temporarily discontinued the competition...not enough activity

Back