SSBB Design Contest 2 Voting

naisatoh

MS3
May 26, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Wii Online Code
6760-4137-2833-7556
Here are the contestants for the second SSBB Design Contest. The theme was Zelda stages and our participants were asked to create a stage that would reflect any character from the Legend of Zelda franchise.

Contest guidelines can be found here.

Official rules can be found here.

Voting Rules:
Choose your 3 favorite submissions and rank them from first to third. First place votes will be awarded 5 points, second place votes will be given 3, and third place votes will be given 1. At then end of the voting period, the points will be tallied and top 5 will be announced.

Participants are allowed to vote, but they may not vote for themselves. However, I encourage you to vote and recognize the work of your peers.

Voting will close Wednesday, July 25 - 6PM US Eastern Time

NOTE: Since demonflair's design does not have an explanation of its origins and mechanics, the user has agreed to remove his entry from consideration. The rules clearly state that all entries are to contain a short paragraph detailing the design's inspiration and interaction with the fighters. I apologize for the late notice, but I didn't have a chance to review the entries until after the contest closed.

Submissions:

ORDON VILLAGE
by +Maniacal=Maniac+

ordon_village.png

Well, This Is My Crappy Paint-Made Ordon Village!
It Changes From Day To Night, And A Hawk Comes By Occasionaly To Drop Ordon Pumpkins. You Can Jump On The House, Tree Branch, The FRONT Grass, Not The Back, The Rock In The Grass, And The Rock In The Water. You Can Die From The Back, The Right Side, And From Falling in The Water. The Tree, However, Protects You From Dieing On That Side. Below Is The Area Of Which You Can Walk On.

ordon_village_guide.png

The Sign And The background Is Just For Looks. ^_^

GORON MINES
by mushroomedmario

goodcopycontestcm2.png

uhh where the red spray paint markings are, thats where lava shoots out, some of it comes out of the actual lava itself, and some of it comes out of the pipes in the wall

they come out randomly but gives like a 1 second notice, (they start to glow red or something), before they shoot out

you cant die from falling down, it's just like samus's stage, except all the time the lava is up

and on the left(sorry forgot to add that part 100% there is a wall but the top of it ends at the top of the pipe
yeah~~~

CITY IN THE SKY
by elmo_999

3160d1184115536-ssbb-design-contest-2-zelda-stages-zelda-stage.jpg

Its based on the city in the sky from tp. If the portal appears, you go through it and it teleports you above the cannon which shoots you into the battle field and if you land on someone, they are damaged (kindof like a warpstar in melee).

SPECTACLE ROCK

by naisatoh

This design is based on the SNES game A Link to the Past with a few minor updates. In this game, you had to go back and forth between the Light World and Ganon's Dark World in order to make your way through different dungeons. Although the maps were the same in each world, sometimes there would be paths you could only access in one world or another. This stage takes place on Death Mountain at a well known landmark called Spectacle Rock, which usually consists of two large rock formations standing side by side.

Spectaclecopy.jpg

In the Light World, we see Spectacle Rock with a bridge adjoining the two structures. Every minute or so, you'll here a rumbling noise and a Goron will roll across the stage knocking aside anyone that's in its way. Sometimes he'll drop objects as he passes over the bridge (Hot Spring Water anyone?). You might be wondering what Gorons are doing here, since they didn't exist on the SNES. Well, since Gorons weren't actually created until the N64, it still would have made sense that they lived on Death Mountain like they have in other versions of the game.

Every 5 minutes or so, the screen will begin to blur as the characters are sent to the Dark World.

Spectaclecopy2.jpg

Here, you'll notice that the bridge has been destroyed, so watch out if you're fighting on the bridge and screen begins to change! You'll also notice that instead of Gorons interrupting the brawl, molten rocks have begun to fall all over the place. These rocks are seen in many versions of Zelda, including the SNES one. Again, you'll here a rumbling noise before the rocks begin to fall.

TEMPLE OF TIME
by Monsteroids

ze.png

Uhhmmmm.... This is the interior of the temple of time. It has no master sword, but young Link will come back from the future to spin attack all of the players and then go "Back to the Future"! This will happen occasionally.

Origin of design: Laziness so I did an all gray pic. The Temple of Time is cool anyways so all is balanced out.

ESCAPE FROM HYRULE CASTLE
by bonodo

zeldaentry.jpg

Its SUPPOSED to be OOT as adult link (near the end when zelda makes a bridge appear) bu it's not that good

its a bit tacky but who gives a beep, its impossible for m to draw with a mouse on paint (gettin a tablet soon tho)

every now and again the lava will spurt up through the hole in the bridge, and you can jump on the castle

THE FORSAKEN FORTRESS
by DeathChron

SSBB_Stage_Design2-1.jpg

I got the idea from the fortress that you infiltrate in Wind Waker. I wanted that the be the background area with the search lights scanning across the battlefield at times during battle. And if a player were to be caught in the search light. The fortress would fire a cannon. The cannon would take time to reach the foreground, however, when it does, WHOA! Huge cannonball!! *Cating! Ting!* *BOOM* Anyone in the range of the explosion and high percentage of damage would be gone!

And as the battle progresses, the firing rate increases, as well as accuracy. OHH, the mayhem! :yikes: I wanted to emphasize the dark misty night in this particular design, which is one of the many things I liked about Wind Waker, being out on that lonely vast sea at night.

Last edited:
Thanks for voting! Keep it up!

Current Standings:
1. naisatoh - 9
2. DeathChron - 8
3. +Maniacal=Maniac+ - 6
4. mushroomedmario - 3
5. Monsteroids - 1

1. naisatoh
2. DeathCron
3. Mushroomedmario

At Least I'm In Third... Better Than Last! ^_^

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
You Put "2" Twice... XD
....for....reason. I mean Gawd. Can't you tell....they're....tied? There is no 3rd place, everyone's a winner!....damn.

Hmmm.. I'm gonna assume ssbb_lover's third place vote will go to Maniacal Maniac.

My votes:
1. DeathChron
2. mushroomedmario
3. +Maniacal=Maniac+

Current Standings:
1. naisatoh - 24
2. DeathChron - 22
3. +Maniacal=Maniac+ - 13
4. mushroomedmario - 7
5. bonodo - 3
5. Monsteroids - 3

Last edited:
I just noticed something extremely disappointing..there's no kickass animation in any of the entries this week. :( How sad.

Back