Stauger Vs Vargen

Controller!

Thanks a bunch!

I've been wondering, ive talked about it in another thread, but i play with the classic pro controller. I play mainly ADS, as i find hip firing not that great with the controller. I mainly use it when in an awkward angle agaisnt an enemy that is close, but not close enough for melee.

I'd like to continue this thread, but add the ADS vs hip fire, on any gun/situation! I'd like to learn about different play styles and your opinions about it.

Its simple, i believe im a little better than average player, and i feel theres something i'm failing to grasp, that could make me lots better, even with the pro controller.

I also play with the Classic Controller Pro hence my name CCPro, and I am an above average player with it there are matches where I can get 20 something kills and 5 or less deaths. People say it sucks and it's not the real way to play but all i've ever used was PS1,2,3 controllers and it's what feels the most comfortable for me. I made a seperate account for the Wiimote and I got to level 9 and I gave up cause I never got better with the feel for the controls.

14,947 Kills 8,687 Deaths = 1.72 K/D Ratio at Level 36. Your stats are 9,839 Kills 6,782 Deaths = 1.45 K/D Ratio at Level 31. You have some catching up to do :) It's achevable. Using the Classic Controller Pro isn't as difficult as some people make it out to be. I have a 2:1 kill ratio about 70% of every match I play so my Kills are rising faster than my Deaths. I am hoping to get to a 2.00 K/D ratio.

You mention Hip Firing not very easy with the CCP. It can be if you're not using the proper gun for the job. I own hip fire with the Vargen and Stuager and also all the Shotguns, every other gun is a bit worse as I dont like to hip fire as much with anything else. Once the speed of my horizontal turning using ADS is matched with the speed of the enemy is running i'll hip fire, but if I can ADS faster than what the enemy is moving ill stick with ADS. It comes down to what feels comfortable and I have my controls at what I feel is to be perfect setup. Thats also a big performance aspect is how your controls are set up and what you can get use to with out it being to fast or slow.

You really cant get advice from anyone else unless they are using the CCP themselves cause I can put myself in your shoes and until I found a set up someone posted online my controls were kind of sluggish, but at that time I thought they were good. Once I changed them to what the guy had his at it took me a few matches to get used to it but once I did I will never changed them again.

Playing styles depends on the person if you are a hide and seek or up in your face run and gun player.... I am run and gun/melee guy. Catch enemies off guard and plow them with bullets or smack them with my gun lol. When you run and gun hip shot is the way to do it. I suggest using the vargen for that. When you have people camping in their usual camping grounds, I'll fly in around a corner and bomb/spray the hell out of the room with my Vargen.

Honestly it's the little thing's that can make you a better player, I have a few thing's I can brush up on some too. Practice makes perfect.... For most people.

I use a WiiMote, and HIP FIRE rules with it, just sweep it where you want it and DEATH! Of course the settings are what really what matters. Set them up the right way for your style and it makes a huge difference. I used a GC controller for the first month I played this game, then wiizapper, now its just the wiimotes. And for me I find its the way to go. Getting it set up perfectcan be tricky.

I use a WiiMote, and HIP FIRE rules with it, just sweep it where you want it and DEATH! Of course the settings are what really what matters. Set them up the right way for your style and it makes a huge difference. I used a GC controller for the first month I played this game, then wiizapper, now its just the wiimotes. And for me I find its the way to go. Getting it set up perfectcan be tricky.

I never liked the Wiimote, I couldn't find a nice rhythm with it. In other words, I sucked at it. And what doesn't come naturally to me I find something else that does andthe CCP holds a place in my heart. Although I would love to give the Wiizapper a try for shitsngiggles.

I have ADS Snap on also but when there is more than one enemy at close range it does stink. Everyone that uses it can agree.

But back to answering Arnaud. This is my EXACT Controller setup. First off take all of your settings and zero them all. I am sure you know how to get to the Menu but i'll go step by step anyway.

Under Controller Settings in the offline Main Menu. Make sure you minus all settings first.

Set Horizontal Sensitivity to 32 clicks.

Set Vertical Sensitivity to 24 clicks.

Set Horizontal ADS Sensitivity to 12 clicks.

Set Vertical ADS Sensitivity to 6 clicks.

Modify a little if need be but I love these settings and like I said before will never change them.

Note, These are Settings for the CC or CCP only people.

Last edited:
Back