Super Smash Bros. 4

[STRIKE]I was also on board once I learned of Rosalina's appearance in SM3D, so I get a handful of points too.[/STRIKE]

I'm definitely curious how the Luma(s?) will be incorporated into her style of Smashin'. Clearly they both attack at the same time, but are they capable of doin' de-syncs? Or at the very least, grab combos (one'a them grabs, the other does a Smash Attack etc.)?

Since this is a Smash Bros. game, I'm not expectin' any sort of puppeteer antics on the complexity level comparable to characters like BlazBlue's Clovers.

Did you watch the video? It showed some of her moves desyncs and such. Interestingly the Villager was not able to grab the Luma. Also the Luma seemed replaceable. So the Luma is kinda like a Pikmin. But the Luma is able to attack, desync, and attack desync'ed like Nana. So she is basically a Pikmin Nana.

All I know is that I'll most likely end up playing as her a lot.

[STRIKE]I was also on board once I learned of Rosalina's appearance in SM3D, so I get a handful of points too.[/STRIKE]
tumblr_mwap4sHBnD1rjenv2o1_250.gif

Edit:

Kinda pisses me off that the SSB4 Rosalina page directs you to the Mario 3D World site to learn more about Rosalina, yet I can't actually find anything about her on there. I did find these, however...

meme-1.jpg

meme-2.jpg

meme-4.jpg

I'm normally the type to laugh at this sort of thing, but at the moment I still find the cat suit kind of stupid.

Last edited:
I dunno man, I'd purrsonally enjoy seeing, say, Ganandorf in a cat suit.

Mother Brain in a cat suit. 'Nuff said.

W00t, Rosalina, yay. Where's Ness? Mewtwo? Get back at me Nintendo when you have these answers.

I gotta wonder if Rosalina/Luma could be considered a replacement for Ice Climbers. The characters aren't identical, but they might work in a similar way.

All'a this "replacement" talk gets me irked. New characters have never replaced an older one in any Smash game. If ICs have been dropped from the roster, it's likely 'cause they're incredibly irrelevant to modern gaming and are known for bein' broken with their infinites and other such nonsense. I'd also bet money the decision would've been decided (long) before possible new challengers were discussed.

EDIT: ... S'pose I forgot 'bout Toon replacin' Young Link. derp

Last edited:
Back