Thanks guys

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
As im sure you've already noticed there's a ton of new Wii fans joining the forums right now, some have been following the console for a while and know a lot - the vast majority however don't and are registering to ask questions and look for advice.

Lots of you have been doing an awesome job at solving their problems and with the same questions popping up, it takes a lot of patience too :)

I've been on a lot of forums where people are quick to bash new members and whatever, so thanks for helping them and in turn making this site a great resource for new Wii fans

:thumbsup:

Ah, I'm feeling not-so-sure... I find that someone asking a worn-out question can actually get a better answer by searching rather than waiting on the folks who are still willing to repeat themselves.

I personally think (and I'm not trying to get any threads locked...) that a possible solution would be to not allow junior members (or people with less than 10 posts) to start threads. I've seen this work on other forums. I think this would encourage the folks with your vanilla troubleshooting questions to search - that would help us because the bandwidth gets saved (save the baby kilobits, yo?) and folks don't get cranky - it would help them because they could get answers quicker and it would help them to be more responsible posters.

Just my two pennies. :)

Back