The Complete Guide To Wiimote Problems

Elfman said:
Okay, here goes...

I just bought a classic controller. Connected it to my wiimote and works perfectly. But then, when i unplugged it, there was no pointer(well. hand, pointing finger, whatever). It only shows up when I plug in the classic controller and use the analog stick. Is this the sensor bar or what??
Just sounds like it needs resyncing, tried that?

chowie said:
well it's doing it again but this time I can't get it back to normal, it was the very 1st time but 1hr later it stopped and never happened again. Now it's been upside down for 3 days...

Found a solution if this happens put the remote flat on a table with the buttons facing down. Then give it a swift wack. Works fine now.

so I have tried all of your solutions. My wiimote works in the main wii menu, in all the game menus, but as soon as I start playing the game, the only thing that works are the buttons. The sensor stops working. BUT, if I hit the home button to resynch the remote, the sensor works. Help?

okay, i can't get the Wii to work with Smash Bros Melee for GameCube. I put in the game and the memory card, but when the screen showed a msg that said something like "do you want to use this memory card" or whatever nothing happened. we couldn't do anything with the Wiimotes. i don't know where my roomie put the manual, so i came here

AlijUSC said:
so I have tried all of your solutions. My wiimote works in the main wii menu, in all the game menus, but as soon as I start playing the game, the only thing that works are the buttons. The sensor stops working. BUT, if I hit the home button to resynch the remote, the sensor works. Help?

This has happened to me too, the wiimote works fine in the main menu, when i play wii sports it works well in the menus, but in-game the motion sensor doesn't work and all the buttons work fine, did the same as AlijUSC, hitting the home button and resynch the wiimote but it still doesn't work ingame. I just hope my wiimote isn't damaged or something.

What does it mean when you press any button on the wiiremote, and you get 4 flashing lights, then they all go dark?

bodean said:
What does it mean when you press any button on the wiiremote, and you get 4 flashing lights, then they all go dark?

When that happens, it's just confirming that the Wii Remote is up and working. If the Wii is on and you press a button, the first blue light should brighten to indicate that you are player 1 (P1). If it does not turn on, just flashes, then you may need to re-sync.

WII Multiplayer modes

Hi,

This sounds a bit stupid and I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing but I can't get multiplayer mode to work on any games apart from WII sports. I can't even find the settings to enable the second remote some of the games I've tried are mario party 8, brain academy and mega strike soccer. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Rob

chowie said:
well it's doing it again but this time I can't get it back to normal, it was the very 1st time but 1hr later it stopped and never happened again. Now it's been upside down for 3 days...
Try turning the sensor the other way up?

One of our controllers is constantly vibrating. The moment you put the batteries in it starts up. Have tried turning off the rumble feature but that did nothing. Have resynched. Have left the batteries out. Have cycled power on the Wii. Tried fresh batteries.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, We've had our Wii for about a week now, and tonight the remote has stopped working.

Whatever button is pressed the 4 blue LED lights flash 5-6 times.

Ive tried all the hints in this thread and in the manual but nothing seems to work.

When doing a re sync the 4 lights flash for about 20secs and then start flashing 3 times quick with a slight gap then 3 times etc..

Ive tried pulling the power, holding the sync button down for 15secs, literally everything mentioned on this forum and still no joy.

Any more ideas? my 5yr old is gutted that his birthday pressie is now busted!

hi everyone,

i have a problem with the cursors that appear on screen for each player (the hands with the numbers inside). the cursor flickers from side-to-side and up and down, and sometimes jumps across the screen so that when i try to move the cursor in a straight line, it's nearly impossible to do since it keeps jumping around. i brought my console over to a friend's place last night with my remotes as well and it was fine. i think that there must be a problem with my sensor bar. i checked all of the sensor bar options in the wii options and still no dice.

anyone have any ideas as to any solutions to this? if i have to replace my sensor bar do i have to buy a new one? are they sold separately?

thx,

amroto

Nice! I rep'd ya. ;D QUESTION- I was palying Twilight Princess, and then i wanted to stop. I saved, then hit power on my remot. It said the massage briefly "Cumonocations have been lost' or somhting as it was turning of... I went to get play it agian, and teh wii remotes dont work! None of mine do. They just all flash every button on teh bottem. Please help. :( I tride syncing it, buy pressin g the red button on the remot but it deosnt help. so i opress the one on teh wii too?

Back