The Complete Guide To Wiimote Problems

So my wii worked great out of the box for a month. I just hooked it up to a wireless router and downloaded a few classics and bought a classic controller. So i downloaded the new update and now my wii motes play from only like 5ft away any further and they disappear.

Although the buttons still work from 15-20. I have tried resyncing but its not doing anything.

Please help me Im super frustrated.

villab0y said:
Hi, We've had our Wii for about a week now, and tonight the remote has stopped working.

Whatever button is pressed the 4 blue LED lights flash 5-6 times.

Ive tried all the hints in this thread and in the manual but nothing seems to work.

When doing a re sync the 4 lights flash for about 20secs and then start flashing 3 times quick with a slight gap then 3 times etc..

Ive tried pulling the power, holding the sync button down for 15secs, literally everything mentioned on this forum and still no joy.

Any more ideas? my 5yr old is gutted that his birthday pressie is now busted!

It seems to be a problem.... i have 2 remotes, both doing the same thing.... i think thats 3 people for the thread,... any ideas?

Oh sweet jesus, if your out there, help me

Ok Guys, this is the deal, my sons Birthday tomorrow, and 1 nice family member has bought him the Boogie game,, (cant wait myself) Paid £50.00 for it,:yikes: ouch the obviously went to Game. anyhow, went to check it was all working last night (hehe) and major problems with the wiimotes, he has two, both light up then go off again, also a message comes up with connection lost with wiimote,
I have changed the batteries and tried synching them again, even the unsync the resync but nothing works, its strange how both wiimotes are like it as if it was just one of them i would put it down to wear and tear, (he is only 7) going out my mind with worry as he wont be able top play boogie if i cant get it sorted. any help will be much appreciated guys. Thanks in advance, Dawn x

need help
my wiimote suddenly turned off while i was playing tenkaichi. i changed the batteries but it still doesnt turn on. now wateva i do it doesnt turn on.
any suggestions?

ok well i had this prob a few times but pulling the power has always worked for me . Ive also noticed that when i play facing a window the remote can play up as the sun doesnt like you playing wii !
I havnt read the whole thread so i dont know whats already been said but if everything that others have said fails I would just set up the wii in a different location out of the way of possible interferences of other devices just to see if it could be anything other than faulty equptment ... if still no joy you know you gotta go back to the shop or call ninty for replacement

For the people getting disconnected Wiimotes.

If you have already tried replacing the batteries, pull the power, disconnect EVERYTHING from the back of the Wii, wait about 4 or 5 minutes, plug everything back in. SHOULD work. PM me if it doesn't.

I am aving the same problem. Additionally when I check the sensitivity the dots move opposite the direction of the remote. Very frustrating.

My Wii is no longer responding to simulations when playing Wii Sports.
What could have gone wrong?

Spideyvan said:
This has happened to me too, the wiimote works fine in the main menu, when i play wii sports it works well in the menus, but in-game the motion sensor doesn't work and all the buttons work fine, did the same as AlijUSC, hitting the home button and resynch the wiimote but it still doesn't work ingame. I just hope my wiimote isn't damaged or something.

I'm also having this exact same problem. Buttons work fine, I can navigate around, ect. But when I go into games like Wii Sports or Excite Truck, it won't read any motions.

I read somewhere that this could be caused by an accelerorator (sp) in the wiimote thats not functioning properly, but that doesn't help the problem any!

What has anyone else done to get rid of this problem? Certainly there must be some solution, I just hope it's not "Buy a new wiimote/Wii."

Help would be appreciated...

Wii blind spot- Wii motes seem to work fine til they go to the left side of the screen- then they disappear totally.

I can not access the Wii system menu to check th sensor bar- worked fine yesterday and poof- this weird jumping cursor blind spot today.

Got my Wii on Thursday night and have been trying to get the thing to work since then. I am stuck on the language screen and cannot get any further, I can switch on and off the Wii using the remote but that is about it. I have checked all the above and all the things that the manual suggested but to no avail!
Help!
Alex

my wiimote is screwed up. i followed your guide. when i point up the cursor goes down.when i point left it goes right etc.you get the point? can i send the remote into nintendo or what should i do? got any ideas? if so, help...

Wiimote acting up

i was playing wii sports last night and when playing tennis the right remote was not moving. tring to find a way to fix it. any help would be accepted : )

Back