The Complete Guide To Wiimote Problems

i am having the problem of while playing COD my character constantly looks up to the sky and spins in circles, tried re-synching but to no avail. Was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem and if it is repairable. Also my pointer disappears on the menu sometimes, the lights are normal and it does it full or drained batteries.

Are you holding the control stick on loading screens or anything? Does the Wiimote randomly disconnect from the Wii/turn off during gameplay?

i got it fixed, thank u SSBfreakCK. still dont know what caused it. unplugged the console over night and got up this morning and disconnected remote via the sync button on the console, then re-synced and it works fine now, so far.

my wiimote , when conected with a nunchuk,doesnt work , just stop to work w/ no light even with full batteries , when i press any button the lights start 2 blink and stop amd no light apears
i tried buy another wiimote with another nunchuk , it worked for 1 month then started to do the same thing.

Never heard of that problem before. Since you used a different Wiimote and nunchuck, I don't have a clue what could cause it. Perhaps your usin' 'em with too much force or forcing the nunchuck into it's slot, but aside from that, I don't really have a clue. Problems like this you'll usually handled by Ninty, so contact 'em directly via phone to get that problem handled.

Need help...

So... I've got this wii remote, pretty new... It's totally froze up, no matter what I do with the batteries, it just comes on with all 4 lights and stays like that. Completely unresponsive. Any ideas?

Regardless of what buttons you press and whether or not the Wii is on or off, it's entirely unresponsive? Sounds like it's just-plain defective and there's no easy fix for it. I'd get a refund/replacement if you can.

Regardless of what buttons you press and whether or not the Wii is on or off, it's entirely unresponsive? Sounds like it's just-plain defective and there's no easy fix for it. I'd get a refund/replacement if you can.

Yes, entirely unresponsive... cheap Bangkok version. Anyway, I've ordered a new one.

Thanks for the reply!

Hi all and thanks in advance for any help. We installed netflix on our Wii last week. Ever since then, we have had to re-sync our remotes everytime we turn the Wii on. Now, once they have been synced, they only work for about 1 minute then shut back off. The only way to get them to work is to do the manual sync. We have placed new batteries in the remotes and it's still not working properly. The Wii is approximately 4 years old and we never had a problem until we installed the Netflix. Do you think this could possibly be the problem or strictly a coincidence? I'm frustrated because I'm paying for something that I can't use! I have a list of movies in que naturally. Thanks again!

My problem isn't listed...I'm playing Pikmin 2 (with nunchuk) & occasionally my player will just start running around like a nutcase. The only way to stop him is to disconnect & reconnect the nunchuck.I'm not sure if it's related, but my remote only ever has a single blue light, regardless of how long I charge it for. The unit is about 3 years old now so is it time to replace?

I have 3 wiimotes worked fine for few months and stopped powering on. No flashing, plain dead. Is it common problem for wiimotes to die after few months of use. All 3 were bought separately and one of them is original that came with the wii controller.

Any other hacks to figure out what works and what doesn't? No lights at all sound like the power is not working, but I tried same batteries in another wiimote and it works. Am left with 1 working wiimote to play with as of now.

Back