The conduit, best first person shooter, I think so

I was looking forward to The Conduit but find myself getting my multiplayer online thrills from Water Warfare instead.

How odd.

I was looking forward to The Conduit but find myself getting my multiplayer online thrills from Water Warfare instead.

How odd.

Don't bother with the Conduit. Check out my review of the game.

http://www.ninstation.com/index.php?topic=857.0

Also, I hope there is something to ogle over in Water Warefare. :ihih:

Gamespot rate most Wii games lower, they simply do not like the Wii. The Conduit certainly deserves a higher score than 6.5/10. Look to IGN for more accurate Wii reviews.

As FPS go on all platforms, The Conduit isn't anything special (apart from the customization). There aren't many good choices for FPS on the Wii though, so while it would be an average game on other systems it is a bit special on the Wii (it's not WW2).

Just because it is on the Wii exclusively, a system plagued with bad FPSes, doesn't justify it for being a good game. Even at that, there are better FPSes on the Wii. Even with the Gamecube backwards compatible, you would be able to play FPSes from the GC.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Timesplitters
Timesplitters 2
Medal of Honor: Frontline
James Bond 007: Nightfire
Red Faction 2
Gun

The Conduit does not appeal to me at all. After reading some reviews and watching several gameplay videos, I will not be buying this game. I think CoD:WaW looks much better for a FPS, as well as MoH:Heroes 2. Even Water Warfare looks much more appealing to me than this game. I'd much rather play that than the conduit.

Don't bother with the Conduit. Check out my review of the game.
I bought it on release date. It's not that I'm not enjoying it because I am, it's just that WW is more accessible and less 'up the arse' of what a FPS should be. If that makes any sense.

Also, I hope there is something to ogle over in Water Warefare. :ihih:
Unfortunately not .. .. .. .. maybe we need a petition (joke) for a wet t-shirt edition :lol:

The Conduit does not appeal to me at all. After reading some reviews and watching several gameplay videos, I will not be buying this game. I think CoD:WaW looks much better for a FPS, as well as MoH:Heroes 2. Even Water Warfare looks much more appealing to me than this game. I'd much rather play that than the conduit.

WaW is a lot of fun. it is different than the conduit. honestly, if you like fps the conduit and waw are both worth getting and playing. the online component game of the conduit is a lot of fun. WaWs is fun to, i am just sick of it after playing it for 6 months.

Just because it is on the Wii exclusively, a system plagued with bad FPSes, doesn't justify it for being a good game. Even at that, there are better FPSes on the Wii. Even with the Gamecube backwards compatible, you would be able to play FPSes from the GC.

Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
Timesplitters
Timesplitters 2
Medal of Honor: Frontline
James Bond 007: Nightfire
Red Faction 2
Gun

I actually don't think that there are many better FPS on the Wii. COD: WAW certainly has a better campaign, so some people may still see that as the #1 FPS. The Conduit is better than all other Wii FPS though, it certainly has a better campaign than either MOH: Heroes 2 or Red Steel.

As for the NGC games listed, well Metroid is really a FPA not FPS. Other than possibly the Timesplitters series there isn't anything there that I'd play over The Conduit.

Not that there aren't issues in The Conduit because there are. Level design is rather uninspired and even visually it is a mixed bag, with some parts looking amazing and others looking very drab.

Still like your review said, The Conduit is a game that you will likely love or hate. I am very happy with it but I didn't really have very high expectations to start with. I wanted a Wii version of Perfect Dark and for the most part that is what I got.

My friend GAVE me this medeocre game.

Lucky. Him.

Online is buggy, graphics are game-cubish, and the story is bland.

The graphics were good, at least technically, just the art design was so bland. Online was a huge issue though. Because of that I went from really liking The Conduit to trading it in after a couple of months because I didn't want to play through the story again and online was trash.

Luckily there are better games available now. COD: MW Reflex is better (even though it has frame rate issues at times) and Goldeneye just blows every other Wii FPS away, the game is awesome. Hopefully Black Ops and Conduit 2 can also impress when they come out.

My friend GAVE me this medeocre game.

Lucky. Him.

Online is buggy, graphics are game-cubish, and the story is bland.

The graphics were good, at least technically, just the art design was so bland. Online was a huge issue though. Because of that I went from really liking The Conduit to trading it in after a couple of months because I didn't want to play through the story again and online was trash.

Luckily there are better games available now. COD: MW Reflex is better (even though it has frame rate issues at times) and Goldeneye just blows every other Wii FPS away, the game is awesome. Hopefully Black Ops and Conduit 2 can also impress when they come out.

Goldeneye is out? Sick!
Do you know if black ops will have Nazi Zombies?

Back