The Future of the Ps3: Possible Gamecube Failure?

Its a failure when compared to PS2 and XBox. It had no features at all and few great games. Case Closed. As for sony "dying" I highly doubt that since its a multibillion dollar company that sells all sorts of media besides playstations. Maybe playstation will die but sony? Not a chance in hell.

P.S. Your game ratings are really shocking nfanboy.

Nfanboy said:
GC wasn't a huge failure, it just wasn't what we wanted.

And yes, Sony is going to die if they keep this up.

I for one will be very happy if Sony dies

Sony in no chance in hell will die, as they make CD players, MP3 Players, Tvs, Radios, Blu-Rays, Microwaves, Laptops, and any other electronics you can possibly think of. Same goes for Microsoft, as they have computer programs, while Nintendo will always have the fanbase due to it being family orientated and it's legacy all together.

Nfanboy said:
stop praising Sony and MS and dissing Nintendo.

May I remind you that this is a NINTENDO site and not a MS or Sony site?

All of you guys should be banned.

i didnt hear anyone diss nintendo in here i may have not read all of the post, BUT if your refering to gamecube being a failure then yes it was...

and banthem for not liking nintendo... come on this isnt the dark ages now people can have a different opinions about a gaming system...

Actually the GC almost surpassed the Xbox in units sold. They are no longer dead last in the last gen console wars. Microsoft stopped selling Xbox units a while ago, Nintendo still sells GC units. The result? The Xbox will soon be dead last this year or a close tie. The PS3 could do the same thing later on.

Facts- Wiki
GC- 21.52 million (December 2006 Continues to sell)
Xbox- Units sold 24 million (No longer produced)

Last edited:
Good article. Some much better points then what most people post around here. Kudos.

Kamikaze said:
B. That's what my next editorial (which is in the making contains) is about. Nintendo will be improving their online gaming in the summer, as the first game confirmed to be online is Pokemon Battle Revolution followed by Metroid Prime Corruption. Sadly, it's only by individualized friend codes (meaning for each game, you have to enter your friend's code to play with/against them.).

Are you sure its still friend codes? because ive been reading around lately and Pokemon Colloseum isnt Friend-Code based, its got a ladder/lobby style thing with a Connect to FC (unless they lie).

PtonJalken said:
Are you sure its still friend codes? because ive been reading around lately and Pokemon Colloseum isnt Friend-Code based, its got a ladder/lobby style thing with a Connect to FC (unless they lie).

you talking about the one for the wii?
the ds one you need friend codes to enable talk, but you can battle anyone you want.

good post, ;D

the ps3 is not a bad system is just i dont think, it worth the $1300 that cost here in chile =S

NFanboy, make sure to read the pinned thread in this forum, then get back to me. And as far as I'm concerned, it will, as a Nintendo rep has confirmed this to me.

Kamikaze said:
5. Over priced accessories. Now I understand that the Next-Gen accessories mean quite pricey items, but when you have to pay 60 dollars for HDMI output and there's a nonexistant Nyko HDMI's for 24.99, that will only get the customer to turn irate and irritated.

Im going to have to dissagree with you on the one. You have to buy a cable to fully take advantage of an HDCP tv. Those TVs are still not all that common. Also to note the PS3 is the only console in which its games take full advantage of HDCP tvs and High Definition gameplay. The PS3 is the only one really with this option. The 360 requires you to drop 200 bucks just to get an external HD-DVD rom drive.

If you look at the Wii, its accessories are probably the most overpriced in my opinion. 20-30 bucks for a nunchaku attachment, 30-40 bucks for a rubber grip, 40 for a wiimote. Nintendo offers a cheap system but makes up for it with more heavily priced accessories. The 360 does too. So in the long run, a simple HDMI cable for 60 is nothing to fret over, especially when you need an expensive tv just to use it fully.

Thats all. =)

MasterJedi2U said:
1st) Well written article. Thanks for the analysis.

2nd) I think the Gamecube was a great system that just suffered from Nintendo being dumb and not giving consumers what they wanted at the time. Most people wanted real online capablity along with a large library of stellar games to boot (both exclusive and non exclusive). Add these to these 2 huge missing factors the fact that the graphics weren't as good as the XBox or ps2 you've got a recipe for disaster. Nintendo is lucky that it survived to be honest and thats real talk.

3rd) The p$3 is also suffering from these ads they insist on running feature crying babies, exploding w/e is in the room, random carnage, and "This is Living" bullsh*t. Sorry but normal people don't find that entertaining nor does it grab our interest in a POSITIVE manner. Then theres the lack of great games. Finally the whole Blu Ray thing really bugs me cuz it makes me think that sony is not interested in videogames at all. That they're just using the industry to further the format and their home entertainment division. I find that to be dishonest and pathetic.
if you didn't know the gcn was a stronger system then ps2... it was weaker then xbox

Shiftfallout said:
Im going to have to dissagree with you on the one. You have to buy a cable to fully take advantage of an HDCP tv. Those TVs are still not all that common. Also to note the PS3 is the only console in which its games take full advantage of HDCP tvs and High Definition gameplay. The PS3 is the only one really with this option. The 360 requires you to drop 200 bucks just to get an external HD-DVD rom drive.

If you look at the Wii, its accessories are probably the most overpriced in my opinion. 20-30 bucks for a nunchaku attachment, 30-40 bucks for a rubber grip, 40 for a wiimote. Nintendo offers a cheap system but makes up for it with more heavily priced accessories. The 360 does too. So in the long run, a simple HDMI cable for 60 is nothing to fret over, especially when you need an expensive tv just to use it fully.

Thats all. =)

The 360 let gamers choose if they wanted the attachment, while Sony forced gamers to have it, even if they're not going to use it. The Wiimote and Nunchuck is a bid inflated, but third party accessories are on the way. And rubber grips run for 10-15 bucks tops. The Elite 360 comes with the HDMI cables, and is still cheaper than the average 20 gig Ps3.

We'll thats what happens when you think your so much better than everyone else you make things thinking everyone wants them because your logo's on it.
The PS3 is dead im sorry but a hand ful of great games like Kingdom hearts, Final fantasy and Metal Gear solid wont save you they need to get there asses making God of War 3 and maybe some orignal games that people want or else they'll lose

Back