The Future of Wii Online...Failure?

There is this thing yeah, i think its called a PC, and I heard (just a rumour) that you can play online games on it :O

Whats happening here is the same thing before any kind of add on (any kind of expansion pack, new feature etc.) people theorise that it will be a failure, mostly because they have not tried it yet or have no news of it yet, People think the friend code system is horrible, well i can play mario kart/metroid without a friend code , you just play random people, no harm in that , a 16 digit code, will take about 4 seconds longer to type in that a user name, get over it.

Flagel said:
There is this thing yeah, i think its called a PC, and I heard (just a rumour) that you can play online games on it :O

Whats happening here is the same thing before any kind of add on (any kind of expansion pack, new feature etc.) people theorise that it will be a failure, mostly because they have not tried it yet or have no news of it yet, People think the friend code system is horrible, well i can play mario kart/metroid without a friend code , you just play random people, no harm in that , a 16 digit code, will take about 4 seconds longer to type in that a user name, get over it.
:yesnod: i praise this post. He is right, and you all know it.

I wouldnt say failure, weve seen what the ds can do and its pretty decent but it deffinately wont be the same community that you see with xbox live. Especially without voice chat and easy to add friends.

I've heard things about headsets being made for online chat.. hopefully it will happen. Would be really nice to talk to the people you play against.

nic7 said:
it deffinately wont be the same community that you see with xbox live.

your right it will probably be bigger considering they wont charge for service and they are already selling like crazy...lol

yeah if they can get online set up in the near future, a good online anyways, it will only increase their hold on all the other next gen systems (if you want to call them next gen).. i can't wait until it comes into being with headset and all that

Greetings friends, your salvation is at hand, through severals hours of internet research I have found that the Wii will have lobbies and Battalion Wars 2 is the first of many to come at any time during Feb.-Apr.

Ridley1121 said:
Greetings friends, your salvation is at hand, through severals hours of internet research I have found that the Wii will have lobbies and Battalion Wars 2 is the first of many to come at any time during Feb.-Apr.

Are you being serious? Cause if you are then YAY! :D

Ridley1121 said:

Can you please show the sites of where you got this info so I can read this for myself?

lol i hope they don't f*** this up, there is no way i would have gotten the wii if they didn't talk about online play.

why are you guys saying 16 digit random numbers are easier than a nickname with easy to remember words... i think it needs to be similar to xbl, with lobbies and gamertags and achievements etc. with different names

i bet since we dont have usernames yet. we will have a different(or same) user name for every online game you want to play.

I believe it will show ur console name.

Oh yeah and i read somewhere on this forum that a new channel will be out every month, and i am like 100% sure that it would be the online multiplayer channel. Its bound 2 be it.
Even if there are no proper features for it at release it will be that channel, but maybe with games coming out on later dates

Last edited:
Back