The Future of Wii Online...Failure?

I HONESTLY cannot fathom how Nintendo is still saying theyre going to use friends codes. Really. EVERYONE hates it. And it's not like its some sort of secret, like "I think some people like friends codes, and some people dont." No. Everyone hates it, period. Nintendo is being really arrogant by not doing what the customers want. I'm not saying I can't go online on my PC or Xbox, I'm just saying that I want to go online on the Wii, and I want it to be good. Not some sort of crappy half-assed online fart experience.

And how can they NOT take an example from Xbox Live? It's BY FAR the smoothest and most popular online console service. It's almost like Nintendo hates me, even after spending $250 on their console. And I'm not hating on wii, or anything like that. I just REALLY want the online to work well enough that I can play online games easily and smoothly, without retarded codes.

unluckylink13 said:
The GCN actually had just ONE online game. Phantasy Star Online 1&2. I think it was an MMO, but I never played it.

BRING ON THE MMOs! hehe

they had 2, the other one was the special edition of that game :p

Ok about the friend's code. I'm pretty sure they will use it to as a filter. But like the swear filter I'm sure it'll just be a feature you can turn on and off. If anyone played Resident Evil Outbreak, MGS3 Online, they use a friend filter. It's just a added option. Those online games should give you a good idea what Nintendo has planned for online gaming.

Lets just wait and see...theres nothing else we can do until we actually experience it. Hopefully NIntendo created something great and has looked at the postives and negatives of XBox Live. As for Friend Codes they can still be used but we should have a lobby and the option of playing whoever we want.

Back