The Hip Hop/Rap/R&B Thread :)

You don't understand. Tech only occasionally raps fast. The complexity is there in the multi-syllabic and internal rhyme, and the constant change in devilery.
I completely understand if Tech's stuff isn't for you, though. I won't try to convert you.

I do, however, feel like saying that Eazy just raps like everyone used to is a bad excuse for his bad rapping. If everyone just rapped like everyone else, where is the progression? What would make anyone stand out?
Eazy is a legend for being one of the first to be so blunt with NWA. He didn't even write the verses he is known for. Like I said, he was no rapper.

Well yeah, he raps fast then slow; to me that doesn't define good flow. Good flow is when you can make a good transition between lines. A bit complex at parts, but he doesn't ever really make his lines flow together.

You were saying that Eazy had mother goose like flow, but I think you just don't like old school rap. His flow is fine if you ask me, he ties his lines together pretty well at points. He just pronounces his words more clearly like most old school rappers. But I don't really know too much about Eazy, so whatever.

this thread is funny considering your location mitza.
hehe if only i could find an animation that could show how hard i am laughing.
hehe
also others may hate rap and be racist but me im hispanic so i prefer almost any music but country.

this thread is funny considering your location mitza.
hehe if only i could find an animation that could show how hard i am laughing.
hehe
also others may hate rap and be racist but me im hispanic so i prefer almost any music but country.

My location? Do you mean that people in other countries think that rap music ain't good? In that case why the hell did they even post in this thread if they are going to be posting negative stuff and dizzing on what people like and who they listen too. The Boondocks is a good animation that may fit. I'm Hispanic too read my signature if you know Spanish.

I didn't like that song by whatever his name was. I didn't know what he said. I had to read the lyrics in order to understand what he said.

T.I. is by far better than him.

Last edited:
I do, however, feel like saying that Eazy just raps like everyone used to is a bad excuse for his bad rapping. If everyone just rapped like everyone else, where is the progression? What would make anyone stand out?
Eazy is a legend for being one of the first to be so blunt with NWA. He didn't even write the verses he is known for. Like I said, he was no rapper.

Eazy-E is one of the pioneers of "gangsta-rap," and even if he wasn't he still is a decent rapper. Not really sure as to how you can discredit him for his "bad rapping." Every rapper has his/her own style, and Eazy-E wasn't really known for his flow, but more for his unique voice. As for the fact that he didn't write his own verses, big deal, after all most rappers have ghostwriters; writing verses is not an easy task.

Well anyways, to keep this thread bumped, I'm going to have throw in some input on the current state of rap, which is definitely not a pretty sight. Rap really has fallen off, most significantly seen after the West Coast scene died in the aftermath of Tupac's death. Sure, there are still a few notable rappers in the West, such as Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, WC, and the Game, but the truth is that as the influence that the West once had in its heyday (the 90's) was lost, other areas of the USA have fought to claim and mold the broad genre of rap. After the West pretty much fell off we saw the rise of Dre and his protege, Eminem, who represented the North (Detriot), as well as 50 Cent, who hails from New York. Then with the rise of Aftermath and G-Unit, rap was more heading into the mainstream with rap artists that want to pretty much jump into the industry to make money.

Pretty much with the end of "gangsta" age of rap, the world of rap has been slowly deterioating into the "hip-pop" scene that we all know (and hate, at least for the real rap advocates). For instance, compare present day "rappers" such as Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Soulja Boy, Mims, Hurricane Chris, and of course cry-baby Kanye West. Then again, there are some rappers out there trying to keep with the old, but are still adding too much of a "pop-ish" feel in their music, such as Lupe Fiasco and Jay-Z. Nonetheless, there are still many underground rappers who refuse to be or are not yet in the spotlight that still hold onto the true roots of rap.

However you look at it though, rap has evolved and whether you like it or not is completely up to you. I personally dabble in the rap scene every now and then to enjoy the success of rappers that are still keeping rap alive, like Dre, Eminem, Nas, and Ice Cube, but for the most part its very safe to assume that hip-hop, or rap is dead.

To those who laugh at this thread: Is the narrow-mindedness really all that necessary?

Anyway, I find a lot of crap in its wake, but I still consider Rap/Hip-Hop as up there in my favorite music genres. Although I don't have any personal favorite artists, what I've recently heard from Lupe Fiasco, though, is quite good. Especially "Dumb It Down".

Last edited:
I agree with Bananaboat. He did have a lot of strong points. Nowadays rap is considered hip hop. Radio stations play hip hop and R&B on the same stations. There are a few artists that do make a rap song once in a while like Lil Wayne (a milli) MIMS (move if you wanna) T.I. (dead and gone) Eminem (loose yourself). I think that rap is dying slowly :(

Last edited:
[video=youtube;PJnCZOw3igY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJnCZOw3igY[/video]

Hip hop is a lifestyle, not a music genre.
And don't ever dare to bring the words "Soulja Boy" into any thread about hip hop or rap even if it is your own creation.

Back