The Many Holidays of Every Day

Arranged marriages tend to ironically be more successful than others.

Must be 'cause the women don't get a say. We all know what woman's rights have done t' usurp men of their rightful power, after all.

Regarding the cake vs pie thing, it really depends on what kind of cake/pie it is. I prefer some cakes over some pies, and vice versa.

SIDE WITH ME FAGGOT

... Truth be told I do like a good pie, but cake is by far the winner for my own tastebuds.

I'm inviting all of you guys to my wedding.

If ya see a tall, shady guy eatin' all the food while ignorin' all the rites 'n such, that'd be me.

March 28th

Mornin' hectopascals (... if you're readin' this in the mornin'; ya should be), we've got 9 holidays today.

Chiffon Cake Day
Founder's Day Mass
Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
Love the Children Day (Texas)
Commemoration Day (Madagascar)
Youth Day (Taiwan)
Niagara Falls Runs Dry Day
Good Friday
Smoke and Mirrors Day

Chiffon Cake Day is yet another cake-day. No complaints here. :lol: Chiffon cake is a variety of cake invented by Harry Baker (who doesn't have a Wikipedia page... ?! WHAT?!?!) way back in the 1920s, many sources citin' 1927. Speakin' of, a lot'a sources claim the chiffon cake was the first new cake variety invented in 'bout a century, but people tend t' forget than brownies are technically cakes, and these were invented only a few decades prior t' the newest dessert conceived by Mr. Baker (bloody fitting name, ain't it?).

Anyways, chiffon cake is particularly fluffy 'n light, mostly in part due to two important tidbits of the recipe: firstly, vegetable oil is used in place of any other shortening. Secondly; and probably the widely-known fact 'bout it; egg whites 'n yolks are separated and beaten apart from the other. As for my personal preference, I'm certainly a fan. I'll take this palatable option as opposed t' butter cake... blehhhhhhhh buttr caek

Founder's Day Mass commemorates the 1882 date when the Knights of Columbus were founded. If ya don't know, the KoC are essentially a (Catholic) Fraternity known for charity work 'n donations; which tend t' total in the hundred-million+ area these days. They've done some great things in their time to the benefit of countless folk, be 'em religious or not, and are certainly built on some proper morals 'n such. Hell, back in the 1950s, many higher-ups in the order damned racism 'n any sort'a segregation, and their membership rules soon followed suite with these anti-racism sentiments. Not exactly a common thing t' do for a gigantic fraternity of white men back in those days.

... 'Course, if y'all know me, ya know my issue with religious-based politics 'n organizations. When funds go to Catholic schools of hard knocks (preaching should be a sin in it's own right... 'specially when it replaces that there science curriculum) rather than schooling overall, that irks me. When there's any notable amount'a officially endorsed bias towards people who share their beliefs in any going-ons, that irks me. By no means would I ever curse the KoC, their members, or noble charity practices, but 'til their "in service to all" motto is truly fulfilled, I certainly ain't gonna be celebratin' this holiday. /devil's advocate (lol context)

Mom and Pop Business Owners Day is a (poorly named) holiday celebratin' small businesses-- wait a F-smashin' minute, Small Business Day is already a thing. And I covered it last year... More importantly, how did I even remember that?

Texas' Love the Children Day is ****in' retarded. Why? THERE ALREADY IS AN OFFICIAL CHILDREN'S DAY! Imbeciles. Though, moronic Texan politicians (or whoever the hell makes this **** up) ain't entirely to blame, considerin' the US doesn't yet have an official date for said holiday. American politicians (orwhoeverthehellmakesthisshitup) should just take the UN's recommended date already, 'Karp alive. Said date's been debated over since the bloody 1850s... anyways, the holiday ain't t'day. So **** this noise.

Madagascar's Commemoration Day, also known as Madagascar Martyrs' Day or Insurrection Day, honors the nigh-10,000 rebels who died fightin' the French (ohhhhhh, what a terrifyin' foe!) outta their country for 'bout a year, gaining their independence in the process come 1946. T'was a time of much revolution in the Eastern hemisphere, that's for sure. I've covered 'least dozen or two'a these 1900s commemoration, independence, etc. days last year.

Taiwan's Youth Day is one'a those patriotic holidays I oh-so despise; y'know, the ones I complained 'bout on the 26th. This one I'll 'specially complain 'bout, 'CAUSE THERE'S A 'KARP DAMN UNIVERSAL YOUTH DAY! D:< **** your patriotic propaganda, world. This holiday gets ye olde el passo.

... That's now three holiday's I've taken a fishy **** on t'day.

Niagara Falls Runs Dry Day commemorates the... uh, "eventful" day Niagara Falls actually stopped fallin'. Back in 1848, the thundering Tohjo falls had become literally a trickle of liquid come dawn. Considerin' it was 1848, the hordes of uneducated peoples right-flipped the **** out. For more than a day, packs of ice naturally dammed off Niagara Falls' water supply from Lake Erie, which only managed t' gather in the first place due to potent winds causin' all the ice t' drift and pack up the great lake's northeastern-most area. Interestin' of an event it must'a been, it's not really worth a holiday, is it...

Good Friday is a rather importantChristian holiday where meat is banned, but fish is still on the menu. ****in' racists...

... Fishy jokes aside, meat is banned. This irritates me greatly. I refuse t' report on a holiday which limits my protein intake. J, take it or leave it. You spin a tale on the ol' crucifix bit for me, yeah? I really ain't qualified t' do it anyways. Go on, I insist!
im on a role avoiding holidays lol

Smoke and Mirrors Day is rather lackin' in information. Obviously this has somethin' to do with celebratin' magician trickery, but this is all I could come up with, from a single source. "The idea or message behind this celebration is to remind everyone that very often people and things appear to be straightforward and honest. But that is not the case. By creating illusions, tricking people and making things a bit mysterious we remind everyone that there exist dishonesty, scams and hoaxes. The world does have a bit of grey in it too."

*shrug*

And on that empty note, t'is all for day... 'sides one fun-fact. Coca Cola's first ever batch was brewed was back in 1886 t'day; maybe. Some sources say t'day, others say it's bloody two months from now. Either way, cocaine-filled soft drinks were made some time in 1886's Spring. That's all ya need to now.

Today's toats awesometacular question: Pepsi or Coke? If I get an answer which is essentially both or neither, you're banned.

I don't drink soda, but I side with Coke.

The whole no meat thing is actually a Catholic belief. Protestants for the most part (such as myself) do not partake in such events.

Damnit J! You were s'posed t' write a paragraph 'bout Good Friday, not destroy the (already relatively invalid) reason why I refused t' write about it... ;_;

You've pretty much summed it up. It's just the day we observe the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. We aren't sure exactly what day it happened,but it's best projected on a Friday in AD 33 or AD 34, depending on which calendar is used.

Is there a holiday for the charity provided by the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and the Temple of Solomon?

I have beef with the no beef belief.

"Celebrating Easter"
Atheist and proud, I look forward to discount Easter eggs afterwards

Back