The marijuana thread.

Legalising the drug will obviously increase the usage. Recreational usage of marijuana can lead to big problems. Schizophrenia, psychosis... that **** messes you up. So yeah, I believe that legalising the usage of the drug will increase the amount of people negatively affected by it. I mean sure, if you want it now you can get it fairly easily, but it's not like it's sold in supermarkets... and it takes a bit of effort to get.

Legalising the drug will obviously increase the usage. Recreational usage of marijuana can lead to big problems. Schizophrenia, psychosis... that **** messes you up. So yeah, I believe that legalising the usage of the drug will increase the amount of people negatively affected by it. I mean sure, if you want it now you can get it fairly easily, but it's not like it's sold in supermarkets... and it takes a bit of effort to get.
We'll start seeing the all new Malboro Greens in every store :lol:

I just have a feeling that not many people as you think will do marijuana when it's legalized will. Because people think it's like "cool" when your doing something illegal and stuff, well that's the impression I get from people in my school.

ROB, you could go to my school and they will throw a pound of weed on your face before you ask, for free.

Well I don't think it should be sold in supermarkets, just in more discrete stores which only so many would be allowed per city.

And also I think there should be an age restriction, like you can't smoke it until you are 18 or 19. It's really the kids that we should be worried about doing it. Adults should be allowed to hurt themselves :lol:. And it is often easier for kids to get weed than alcohol since street drug dealers don't ID people.

Someone is always going to be selling it, the question is, who do you want to be selling it? A drug dealer on the streets who will sell to kids in a heartbeat or a corporation which refuses to sell it to kids?

And actually I can get it in less effort than a trip to the supermarket usually :lol:

I'd probably try it once just to see what it was like if it was legal.
Like champagne in England because I was 18.

I wouldn't do either regularly though.

It doesn't bother me either way. I'd like to at least see it legalized for medicinal purposes.

If every smoker switched to weed, I'd be much happier.

Sooo... anybody got stories? :lol:

Dude, this one time I got really high and I... watched TV and ate a shitload of doritoes :lol:

I can't see there being too many interesting stoner-tales.

Uh, I'm against this unless it's for medical reasons. However, if it was made legal, I think most people would avoid it because of the negative connotations. I think it was obviously illegal for a real reason, so I wouldn't do it either way. Nor would I want to be around someone who smokes it, it's uncomfortable to be around a smoker, and the smell of people smoking weed is much worse. Well, I think.

If the government want to tax it, then they can just raise the taxes on cigarettes and alcohol. The counter argument for that would mean that more people would be encouraged to smoke weed. I think most people can find it already, and those who would smoke it, can. So I'm not really sure about that one. They can make a load out of fines?

I do think that it can lead onto further drugs. I think that drugs are the resort for the weak (sorry, I can't think of a nicer word there). Basically, all those slideshows showing me weed is bad has led me to believe that... Weed is bad.

Back