The Music Thread! What's your favorite genre and who's your favorite artist!

Chrisie

☆Christian♪
Jun 15, 2011
Ohio, United States
Wii Online Code
8217-1009-7690-0775
Yea...sooo.....what kind of music do you listen to? I normally listen to Pop(mainly this type), Hip-Hop, and R&B but lately I've been listening to some more Rock music. I hate Country and Rap though. :p Sooo...how about you guys?

P.S. You can put your favorite musicians and songs too. :)

Last edited:
IIRC a similar thread exists.
The only thread I saw said what are you listening to. That thread is vague. Mine is more specific asking about genre not what you're listening to at the moment. Also listing your favorite musicians or songs is an option. The main point of the thread is the genre of music people like. The only thing that is similar is they are both about music other than that they are both very different.

How bout I change the name to denote the difference? The "what are you listening to" thread is all over the place. For the record, my favorite band is The Black Keys and I like Indie music.

My favorite genre of tunes is "good". x) If it's good, I'll listen to it. The only exception is country. It just doesn't resonate with me well; except Johnny Cash, the legendary bastard. Considering his music spanned multiple genre (in my opinion), it's not your generic redneck music with this guy.

In terms of preferences though, I'm a Jazz man. You can't chill the mind and soul without some good blues, or tune in with the rhythm with some swing. But on the other side of things, I'm also a metal head. =P Thrash, death, whatever it is, the heavier the better.

In terms of favorite artists or bands, I really don't have many. Linkin Park back in the day (no, I wasn't emo =P), but as of recent years, Frank Sinatra. R.I.P the musical genius that is Sinatra, as with his tunes, my soul rests in peace while still among the living. =)

Speakin' of the past, I was a Classical junkie at one point, and I still am a bit. My musical likes have been all over the place, I can tell ya that much. :lol:

Dang that's a lot lol. My parents and older sister like Frank Sinatra although I'm not a fan. :p I like Jazz and Classical music as well but I don't listen to them as often as I used to. Metal...I don't really listen to it cause it's too loud and I after awhile I get annoyed. (Loud things irritate me. DX) Linkin Park is good too but I don't think you're emo if you listen to them. :p

Metal...I don't really listen to it cause it's too loud and I after awhile I get annoyed. (Loud things irritate me. DX) Linkin Park is good too but I don't think you're emo if you listen to them. :p

Oh, the irony of that. :lol: I'm a dude who loves peace of mind, and of course, peace and quiet. Every moment I've got where the only noise is background from the forest surrounding the house and whatever noise I'm making, is priceless to me. And yet, I love blasting some Disturbed loud enough so that those a forest and a half away can hear it clearly. :lol:

Then has the "listening to Linkin Park means your emo" stereotype died down? Or are you simply intelligent? =P

Just so this post isn't just a response, I'll add another favorite artist of mine: Immortal Technique. The only modern rapper I've deemed worthy listening to, and hot damn are his tunes fly. The beats are just damn good, and unlike all other ****ing modern rap, the lyrics MEAN SOMETHING! It's not the stereotypical garbage all the wannabe gangsters and faggots who take pride in being a prick talk about; sex, drugs, money, and murder. It's about how ****ed up this world is; from politics, to the horrors of men who apply their lives to the underground, instead of the suit. Both equally corrupted.

And with that, if you're gonna look his junk up, a warning: it's not for kids, work safe, etc. lol. Still retains the absurd amount of cursing as all modern rap does, and he doesn't briskly mention the terrors of this world. More than enough detail in the lyrics to make the squeamish and over-imaginative have a vivid picture you would want to quickly forget.

Oh, the irony of that. :lol: I'm a dude who loves peace of mind, and of course, peace and quiet. Every moment I've got where the only noise is background from the forest surrounding the house and whatever noise I'm making, is priceless to me. And yet, I love blasting some Disturbed loud enough so that those a forest and a half away can hear it clearly. :lol:Then has the "listening to Linkin Park means your emo" stereotype died down? Or are you simply intelligent? =PJust so this post isn't just a response, I'll add another favorite artist of mine: Immortal Technique. The only modern rapper I've deemed worthy listening to, and hot damn are his tunes fly. The beats are just damn good, and unlike all other ****ing modern rap, the lyrics MEAN SOMETHING! It's not the stereotypical garbage all the wannabe gangsters and faggots who take pride in being a prick talk about; sex, drugs, money, and murder. It's about how ****ed up this world is; from politics, to the horrors of men who apply their lives to the underground, instead of the suit. Both equally corrupted.And with that, if you're gonna look his junk up, a warning: it's not for kids, work safe, etc. lol. Still retains the absurd amount of cursing as all modern rap does, and he doesn't briskly mention the terrors of this world. More than enough detail in the lyrics to make the squeamish and over-imaginative have a vivid picture you would want to quickly forget.
I don't know if I should be insulted about the intelligent part or not lol. I've never heard anyone say you're emo if you listen to Linkin park but then again I don't listen to people much cause I don't care what they have to say. :p As for the rapper I don't like rap I can handle some but not much. I don't think it'll be that scary or inappropriate I may be 16 but I've got some odd friends and grew up watching horror movies like Childs play since I was 4yrs old. (Don't think my parents are bad since they are foreigners they're SUPER strict I was just a bad kid. :p ) I will recommend him to my sister since she is obsessed with rap and we often fight about it. ^_^

I don't know if I should be insulted about the intelligent part or not lol.

It was a complement, I didn't intend it to sound insulting in any way, sorry! Dx

I've never heard anyone say you're emo if you listen to Linkin park but then again I don't listen to people much cause I don't care what they have to say.

A motto I can happily say I also endorse. :D Life is all the more enjoyable when you take few people seriously (few people deserve it, hah), and care little about nonsense most people spout. :lol:

It was a complement, I didn't intend it to sound insulting in any way, sorry! Dx
Haha alrighty then thanks for the compliment then! ^_^
A motto I can happily say I also endorse. :D Life is all the more enjoyable when you take few people seriously (few people deserve it, hah), and care little about nonsense most people spout. :lol:
That's true the problem is getting people to finally realize it lol.

I´ll have to say Classic Metal and Rock mostly, but I love grunge and alternative too. I usually listen Iron Maiden, Stone Temple Pilots and so on...

Edit: Oh RUSH, I forgot RUSH I love RUSH xD

Last edited:
Back