The "Official" Fire Emblem Thread

Aren't you worried about how much they're tuning down the difficulty?

No more weapon durability means no more money problems (not like any existed in Awakening, but still). Infinite grindfests.
I am the type of video gamer who likes to collect and never use. I don't like speed running strat games but I do grind to make the best teams possible.
For me it's perfection over efficiency

But you can make any game challenging
Like nuzzlock or this one style to play fire emblem where a bunch of people take turns picking characters and have to play the game with only those characters and they rank depending on how fast they can finish the level.

I am the type of video gamer who likes to collect and never use. I don't like speed running strat games but I do grind to make the best teams possible.
For me it's perfection over efficiency
I am the same, but, Awakening already introduced Armsthrift (along with the Pair Up system, so weapons would literally never lose durability).

No weapon durability at all? It seems a little extreme. I liked relying on Iron weapons, so I could see the raw strength of my units without any buffs.
(For example, Joshua in FE8 averaged a 20% crit rate with an Iron Sword. It was more like 80% when I saw him in action.)

I wonder if their will be Amiibo support
I got an Ike amiibo today and it already can hold its own against me in Smash

I ordered one too. It should be here by Saturday, can't wait to try it out.

If isn't New 3DS-exclusive, right? So how will the Amiibo support work if you're playing on a regular 3DS?
I mean, I want Amiibo support, but I'm not sure how they'd implement it.

also, http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-21st-may-famitsu-leak-weapon-triangle-revamped/

To begin with–and probably the biggest surprise: apparently the weapon triangle has been revised.

Sword and Magic > Axe and Bow > Lance and Hidden Weapon > Sword and Magic
I wouldn't call it the biggest surprise, since we knew there were special weapons since the first trailer.

Does this mean that all weapons are part of a grand weapon triangle now, rather than the smaller ones for separate physical and magical weapons?
Going by the new weapon triangle, does this mean magic has an advantage against axes and bows with lances? Interesting.

Some more examples of how weapons have been reworked:

• Bronze Sword: Cannot critical, but boosts Critical Evade by 10
  • Iron Sword: Nothing special
  • Steel Sword: Avoid -5, double attack threshold -3
  • Silver Sword: Critical Evade -5; after using, Strength and Skill -2 until next turn
  • Brave Sword: Allows 2 consecutive attacks, Defence and Resistance -4
I'm starting to like this.

I ordered one too. It should be here by Saturday, can't wait to try it out.

If isn't New 3DS-exclusive, right? So how will the Amiibo support work if you're playing on a regular 3DS?
I mean, I want Amiibo support, but I'm not sure how they'd implement it.
I dont think it works without a newDS
I will get one eventually
and if Fire Emblem if comes with a special NewDS then I will probably get it

also, http://serenesforest.net/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-21st-may-famitsu-leak-weapon-triangle-revamped/

I wouldn't call it the biggest surprise, since we knew there were special weapons since the first trailer.

Does this mean that all weapons are part of a grand weapon triangle now, rather than the smaller ones for separate physical and magical weapons?
Going by the new weapon triangle, does this mean magic has an advantage against axes and bows with lances? Interesting.
I dont like this new triangle
Illuminati
I want the Magic Triangle back. Anima > Light > Dark > Anima
Bows against Magic, Bow should win because Magic is OP and Magicians have less Defense
Bows should always be on the top in Range fights because they can only be ranged where other weapons can be both

Steel should increase evasiveness because it's lighter than iron

I dont like this new triangle
Illuminati
I want the Magic Triangle back. Anima > Light > Dark > Anima
Same. I still can't get over the fact that Awakening demoted Dark magic to a sub-category of Magic and removed Light magic completely.

Bows against Magic, Bow should win because Magic is OP and Magicians have less Defense
Bows should always be on the top in Range fights because they can only be ranged where other weapons can be both
Well, at least Bows have the advantage against Lances (Javelins are the most common non-magic 1-2 range weapons) and the Hidden Weapons.
The Hidden Weapons are confirmed to be things like Knives and Shurikens, with 1-2 range as well. It's good that Bows beat those.

Steel should increase evasiveness because it's lighter than iron
... Steel is lighter than Iron?

But what about in Fire Emblem? Wouldn't it make more sense to double with Iron more than Steel?

Steel IRL is pretty damn heavy, if you ask me. Although I've never touched pure Iron.

But what about in Fire Emblem? Wouldn't it make more sense to double with Iron more than Steel?
Steel IRL is pretty damn heavy, if you ask me. Although I've never touched pure Iron.
It depends on the carbon content
There is a lot of types of steel in the world

There is yuri, therefore Fates is the best game(s?) in the series and day one buy. I shall try to avoid more spoilers, but some sites won't shut up.

Back