the official "next zelda game" speculation thread

I hope there will be a new Zelda game coming out soon! If there is! I an't wait to play it! I love the Legend of Zelda! Especailly the Twilight Princess game!

Oh and I want to see more of Midna in the next Zelda game! That would be so cool!

Midna101 said:
What do you mean by Fairy?

I think he's talking about Navi (i think that's its name). the little white ball of light you see when you point the remote at the screen

-Q1 2009

-Same as in TP

-No, a new antagonist will be introduced

-nah, a lil bit worse but still epic

-What other console would it be on?

-Can't be midna unless something happened to her again, and i HATE navi with a passion so hopefully no

-Im good

-Yeah, its one of Nintendos core IPs, they would lose bunches of YEN if they discontinue this franchise

-Yes

I think it's safe to say this much; the next Zelda game will be good, at the very least. :p

While I'm happy with my current games, and Brawl has kept me occupied since I got it 15 minutes after I came out (which explains why I haven't been visiting WiiChat since shortly before Brawl was released), the thought of a new Zelda game is enough to excite me.

Personally, I would like to see an even larger adventure than Twilight Princess...I milked that game all the way, and I managed to finish the game with 70 hours. It's possible to finish it much quicker, of course, but I took my time. I'm hoping that with the next Zelda title, it'll be even larger in scale...which may be asking a lot, but I have faith in Nintendo. ;D

As for which direction the next game should take, I'm not entirely sure. I'd like some dark elements sprinkled in...such as Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask. It would be cool if it maintained the surreal atmosphere of Majora's Mask, while excluding some of the elements I found tedious (such as the time limit, et cetera...). I don't want it to just rip off those ideas, though...I'd like something new (yet at the same time, something that doesn't stray too far from the established Zelda magic that's been working for so long), a few relatively minor innovations (aside from Wii-specific controls, which I figure are bound to show up, since I'm pretty confident that the next Zelda game will be built specifically for the Wii...maybe they should include multiple controller options, such as Brawl? I dunno, it just popped into my mind, and it might be weird for a Zelda game to feature something like that...) that might keep things fresh.

Agh, this feels a little clustered and random, but I'm just throwing out ideas as they come to mind, so please forgive me for the lack of detail and organization.

I'm pretty sure Ganondorf will return, though that brings into question some issues. When will this game take place? Before, after, in-between Twilight Princess? Another addition to the Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass timeframe is also possible, but I don't think it's likely, as the last Zelda game released (PH) was a sequel to WW. And while I enjoy WW and PH, I'd personally rather not see another addition to their respective universe, so to speak.

The ending of TP left a lot open, without going into details for those who haven't played it to completion. So, it's possible that a sequel is in the works, and it's equally as possible that the next game is going to be something new and unexpected. It's hard to say. Nintendo typically keeps it's mouth shut on Zelda games while they're in early/midway production.

In conclusion, I would like to see a somewhat dark, surreal Zelda that maintains the epic feel of past games, and builds further upon the large-scale Hyrule of Twilight Princess. Beyond that, I'm not too picky; and even if Nintendo churns up a completely different game than what I'm expecting, I'm entirely confident it will be of the highest quality.

im sure this will be like the other zelda games -_-

halo500 said:
im sure this will be like the other zelda games -_-

No doubt about it. While all the Zelda games share certain fundamental aspects of gameplay, each brings something new to the table. I have no doubt that the next Zelda game will do the same.

However, I've just heard a rumor that strikes me as odd, and I was wondering if anyone could lend any credence to the claim; the next Zelda game may be first person, or so I've heard. Now, I can't really imagine Nintendo taking that route, but has anyone else heard such a rumor?

Deospawn said:
No doubt about it. While all the Zelda games share certain fundamental aspects of gameplay, each brings something new to the table. I have no doubt that the next Zelda game will do the same.

However, I've just heard a rumor that strikes me as odd, and I was wondering if anyone could lend any credence to the claim; the next Zelda game may be first person, or so I've heard. Now, I can't really imagine Nintendo taking that route, but has anyone else heard such a rumor?
not me...and im glad u share my opinion and not having crazy ideas...but do you people honestly beleive the legend of zelda is gonna make so many changes?

Hopefully, it was just the case of someone being misinformed, because I don't want any drastic changes. A first person Zelda? I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that concept.

Deospawn said:
Hopefully, it was just the case of someone being misinformed, because I don't want any drastic changes. A first person Zelda? I have a hard time wrapping my mind around that concept.
yeah,legend of zelda is completely fine how it is...that much change sounds good but it certainly isnt.

i heard in a magazine a few months ago that the new zelda game was "supposed to" depend heavily on the wii remote motion control and have a background on a world war...dunno if this be true,probly just a rumour

Back