the official "next zelda game" speculation thread

wiilike

Banned
Aug 21, 2007
As the title indicates, we are guessing as to how the next zelda game will turn out. Brainstorm as much as you like and remember to be on-topic. Here are some example ideas that may help you...

-when will it come out/release?
-what will link look like?
-will ganondorf return?
-would it be greater than twilight princess?
-will the game be on the wii?
-would midna or your trustworthy fairy return?
-describe the possible storyline of the new zelda game
-will there even be another zelda game?
-is the master sword returning?
-how many temples do you think will be in the next one?

-It will come 2010
-Link will look the same.
-yes of course ganondorf will come back.
-It will be close but it will be better.
-Yes it will be on the wii
-Midna won't come back
-Zelda gets kidnapped, links goes rescues her,- has prob. on the way, kills ganondorf yay.
-Yes there will be another one.
-Yes the sword will come back
-10 temples
there happy?

Late 2008 or Early 2009 is when a New Zelda will come out, considering its been about two years since Twilight Princess.

Link will probably look the same.

Ganondorf will be there in some form or another.

Hopefully better, although I really enjoyed Twilight Princess, so it may be hard to be better.

It will be on Wii.

Midna may not pop up at all, maybe not even the fairy.

I have no idea about storyline really, probably similar to the last few games.

Sword will be there.

11 Temples.

Hopefully soon we actually get word of a new Zelda, some info would be awesome.

Wonder if it will have wi-fi? It will be kind of wierd with it.:lol:

A comment from: andrewguy

Having the ability to be able to play as someone else other that link (a.k.a goron link, zora link, deku link) which is why i enjoyed majora's mask so much. majora's mask in my opinion, had alot of side-story (a.k.a collecting all of the masks by going through a whole buch of story to get and meet new people, like getting the bunny hood.)

twilight princess offered alot of story as well, but it was one main story. you are less able to go around and get caught up in another quest to find someone's mask which does not NEED to be done to complete the game. i just loved the zelda gameplay when you were able to be free in where and which quests you wanted to do.

even though majora's mask didn't have so many temples, i still think it's either #1 or #2 on my list of best zelda games.

You're right, Twilight Princess is a lot more linear than I remember even the first two Zelda games being (the only other ones I've played).

I don't think I could go back and play older Zelda games at this point... I'm too spoiled by TP.

I'm hoping it doesn't take place in hyrule. I'm kind of tired of going to different incarnations of the same place. That's why i liked windwaker the best cause even though it was still hyrule, it was a flooded hyrule.

Game will probably be out for Xmas '09.

@jl559, the game will be in Hyrule again, could you imagine all the complaining if the game wasn't in Hyrule.

i just hope they do what i've always hoped they would do...START the game with all your equipment and have us go on a REAL quest. Stop starting us out fresh and empty handed, then send us on a grand quest only to be stopping here and there to fight for equipment that should be ours anyway.

OR...start us off with the basics like the sword, shield, bombs and bow and arrow. Then the stuff we go out to get is much more related to where we got them, new equipment such as the ball-chain or that spinning thing we rode around in.

I'm just tired of EVERY zelda game being like "congratulations, you spent all your time getting this same thing you've fought to get in the past 5 games! we've run out of ideas!"

Maybe the game will actually be about Zelda....as the main character...you know that game is called the legend of ZELDA....might be a welcome change...

^Exactly....then the world would just go round wouldn't it...Oh oh and Super Smash Bros should actually be called Super Smash Family, or Super Smash Bros. and Sis's because there are girls in the game too...:lol:

Back