The Official Pokemon Event Thread

A new in-person event is now active!

The Dialga event is over in America, and Palkia distribution has taken it's place. Here're the details.

Palkia, Lv. 100

OT: SUM2013
ID: 09093
Ball: Cherish
Ability: Pressure
Hold Item: None
Nature: Any

Moveset:

Hydro Pump
Draco Meteor
Spacial Rend
Aura Sphere

As with the Dialga, it's shiny; but that doesn't mean much 'sides lookin' cool. Event shinnies ain't worth a legitimate shiny, and it's movepool contains nothin' special. But 'ey, if you're an event collector like I am, you'll get it anyways. In the states, this event started yesterday (lolwoops) and will end the 29th. For y'all overseas, it begins the 13th and ends the 29th.

This is Chief Golgo's Sableye, from Pokemon Smash, I guess.

Sableye, lv. 50
OT: しょちょう (whatever that means)
ID: 09153
Ability: Prankster
Hold Item: Black Sludge
Nature: Any

Moveset:
-Foul Play
-Octazooka
-Tickle
-Trick

That's right folks, this is a Sableye that tickles opponents before spitting ink in their face. I don't know how that works either, but unfortunately, this guy is only available in Pokemon Center stores located in Japan. So unless you have a source (like me), you're going to have to wait for your amazing spitting Sableye.

The lack of Recover is depressing.

Octazooka might be cool for a Calm Mind set, since it lowers accuracy 50% of the time. Particularly on a rain team. Sadly, as stated, the lack of Recover is extremely unfortunate.

BegoneKnave-GLD2-EN-C-LE.jpg

That dumb ol' Sableye will never be released stateside anyways. Spiritomb's inferior brother will never make it int' the second post.

A new Wi-Fi event is now active!

The very first event for XY is currently active (naturally, I forgot t' post about it since I've been too busy playin' X to remember... 'til I got it in-game). The details are as follows.

Torchic, Lv. 10

OT: XY
ID: 10123
Ability: Speed Boost
Hold Item: Blazikenite

Nature: Random

Moveset:

Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy
Ember

Now, this is a Pokemon you want t' boot up Mystery Gift for. Hoenn starters ain't exactly common in Kalos; and better yet, this thing's got the Hidden Ability only Torchic from the Dream World can obtain: Torchic obtained in any Pokemon game will never have Speed Boost if they ain't from the Dream World. Most importantly of all, it holds it's own Mega Stone: Blazikenite. Won't be findin' that in-game neither. Ya'd have to be daft not t' nab this Wi-Fi Event, even if you've no plans to use a Mega Blaziken yourself.

For ages. Ends January 15th next year... I forgot t' mention that 'cause I ain't eaten lunch yet.

oh ****

I also forgot to mention a new in-person event is now active! ... Has been active. Mind you, this one's for fifth Generation games BW1/2. The details are as follows.

Giratina, Lv. 100

OT: SUM2013
ID: 09303
Ability: Pressure
Hold Item: None
Nature: Random

Moveset:

Dragon Pulse
Dragon Claw
Aura Sphere
Shadow Force

As is the case with the other two'a the Creation Trio Pokemon released recently, this Giratina doesn't really have anythin' special about it; 'sides the fact it's Shiny. Which ain't all-that special since it's a guaranteed Shiny. But 'ey, it's still somethin' for the event collectors like myself. The event ends October 20th, so get it while ya can.

Go for it if ya want. I somehow doubt that Speed Boostiken will get unbanned with the advent of MBlaziken, so I ain't gonna bother.

Probably been a fuckin' year since I last been t' an event. This Pokefan's fallen from the 'Karp's graces.

Back