The toughs of the "teenager"

Work based?

You mean like The Hammer? Tis what all my girl friends call me :lol: :wink:

No, I mean like, The idiot who got his thumb ripped apart transporting balls. ;)

Last edited:
Well thats...an interesting way to phrase it.

I think The Hammer has a nicer ring to it...

hmm does anyone have any constructive criticism on what i wrote?

Everybody responds to the OP in their first post, but then their post is responded to by another person. My response to your op is 11 posts up.

Z3wpk said:
Well you always here adults saying "Enjoy while you can because being an adult is hard." Recently I have been questioning that phrase in my mind.

The stereotype of a teenager is usually: drunk, dirty, drug-infested skater kid. That is actually a little part of the population in teenagers (in some areas). But what about the "normal" kids? Or are some of us normal in some eyes and other different? Whether or not you are a jock, prep, geek, goth, or even all put together, you are a teenager.

No matter what being a teenager has its troubles. Despite what everyone says if their happy or not. The girls/guys, the schoolwork, the enemies, the back-stabbing friends, the cliques, the identities. Everything defines you as a person, as a teenager.

Lets start with the relationships. Either you're in one or not, you know its always a problem. Now as a guy myself I have experienced first hand the pressure of being with someone you like alot. The pressure of that moment when your about to kiss her. Just everything. All this pressure builds up into one single moment you when you just crash and burn. That single moment when you just crack. That single moment when you just lose everything. And then it starts all over again. The pressure, the problems, the crashing, and the reseting. Its just the most difficult thing to lose someone you have a close relationship even if you don't "love" them. Just to lose someone. The world crashing down on you. Then it just restarting all over again. The false hope keeping you happy. Its just being a teenager like everyone says.

Now this is just one little bit of a whole world of problems, smaller problems, bigger problems, situations, everything. Its all dealt with is those years. All at the same time. just shooting right at you as you try and try and dodge when you just cant. Its all done as a drunk, dirty, drug-infested skater kid.

tell me what you think please just a little piece i threw together. open to discussion too
*applause* Great speech dude!!!! I hate when I come to my parents or any other adult with a problem and they say "You don't know real problems" these are the only troubles,emotions, and issues we know and they are just as real as anything else in life.

Dzapper said:
*applause* Great speech dude!!!! I hate when I come to my parents or any other adult with a problem and they say "You don't know real problems" these are the only troubles,emotions, and issues we know and they are just as real as anything else in life.
thanks alot for the compliment it means alot to me

Z3wpk said:
hmm does anyone have any constructive criticism on what i wrote?

A topic isn't all about you, it is to discuss among ourselves of the topic in hand not the actual piece that was written.

Cpt.McCloud said:
A topic isn't all about you, it is to discuss among ourselves of the topic in hand not the actual piece that was written.
im not saying its all about me i just wanted a way to make it better, my writing i mean

Z3wpk said:
im not saying its all about me i just wanted a way to make it better, my writing i mean

Well....Use correct grammar, use effective sentences if that means short and snappy or long and informative which ever fits the situation better...?

You want that kind of thing from us?

Cpt.McCloud said:
Well....Use correct grammar, use effective sentences if that means short and snappy or long and informative which ever fits the situation better...?

You want that kind of thing from us?
yea thanks i appreciate it. But yea grammar isnt my strong point since i tend to use commas and parenthesis alot

Did someone call the Grammar Nazi?

Because I'm not bothered today... I found this discussion interesting, you should have stated if you wanted critique on your writing and not be concerned whether people sob their guts out.

well, teens have a lot to learn and we've all been through it. the thing is if a relationship crashes and burns based on one missed kiss or something so minor, then it probably isn't for real. the way i see things, you better just step up and give it your all, because if you fail then at least you wont sit and wonder what coulve been. but obviously i felt the same way you said at one point in my life, probably my early teens and such. then i just figured if a relationship is supposed to happen, then you can make it work, and if the person wont even be friends with you after it then it probably wasnt supposed to work anyway.

well i am on my last year as a teenager and the "teenager stereotype" is wearing off..i been through it all, if not more, and I can see now what people meant by "stay a teenager as long as you can!" its depressing but at the same time i want to become an adult, i feel that I have because i am treated as an adult due to my maturity, figure and features. so i am partly experiencing adulthood now and im fine with it

Dzapper said:

yeah when youre a teen, its all you know, its all you gotta deal with. we all grow up and some might say man that wasnt as big of a deal as i made it, but when youre there in the moment, and its all you have as problems, its a big deal. thats life i guess.

you live! you learn! you laugh! you learn! you cry ! you learn! --alanis morisette (lolz, but true)

Back