This is a big question about the next Zeda game!!

To Gary : Sorry for the double r :lol: . And i dont mind the age difference at all.

To Cepmpler and Gary : Well its not finished yet but it revolves around the reason why Hyrule was flooded before WindWaker.
The story is complexed and it would take some time to write it down for you to fully understand the beginning of the story. So i will make a new thread in the near future.
Maybe i should pm you on your Wii when i make the thread ! Do you wanna be a Wiifriend of mine Cempler?

1) Negative. This would ruin the game. If the Character speaks given lines, you would lose the link to him, because it seems that he does not longer what you want him to do, but what he wants to do. You lose the illusion of interactivity. Never saying something is one thing, that made for example the Half-Life games and the Legend of Zelda to some of the best games ever. No doubt about it. Plus, every player has a different image of Link's voice, implenting one specific voice would ruin this imagination.

Voice-Acting, how ever, is something that should be implented, yes, absolutly. The Lack of actual speech and beeing forced to read subtitles AND see what happens in the Cutscenes at the same time, makes TP lose a lot of athmosphere and it's image of beeing played like a movie.

2) Again, like Half-Life's Gordon Freeman, Link saves the World without wanting to. Different incidents make him go on in the Story and so on. Yet, instead of Gordon Freeman, Link is the Triforce of Courage, so yes, he has to save the World. TP made a very well start. There are people that he loves and seeks to save them. You see his emotions, you see in what mood he is. Remember the time that Colin is being kidnapped in Kakariko? Link was fierce to get him back and nice and calm when he brought him back to Kakariko.
Twist should be implented, but shouldn'd be obvious.
Yes, people have to die. I was kind of disappointed, seeing that girl die with an arrow in her back, but then seeing her again without any woundings in the city. They should die, yes. Link should be on a rage. Has anyone seen the Fanmovie "Legend of Link"? Ganon kills the whole Kokiriforest, after Link defeats Bill ( or what ever the name was ) , one of Ganondorfs best henchmen. This is something that I would like to see ingame ;) .

3) Nope, I don't get the point.

4) Well, TP was ok with this. At first, you thought that Zant is the big Boss. But then at the End, Ganondorf showed up again. Came surprising, but then you were disappointed again, because it's Ganon once again. I may think of a similar story, in which another threat (Dark Link, maybe? Or instead of Monsters, a Human Army that conquers Hylia) appears and defeats Ganon, before Link can do so. Or, Ganon doesn't even occur, because in TP, he FINALLY dies, I think (Probably not, there are different Storylines, and the Storyline of OoT ends here, I guess)

5) Yep, Link should be able to use his Power of the Triforce of Courage. Maybe, it can turn him into Dark Link ( Reminds me of PoP TT )

SuperG said:
Link uses the triforce of courage when he fights anyone.

Have you not noticed he is the only person in the world to dare to go into hyrule field? Why? because of all the monsters.

Its the triforce.

Postman? ^^

Last edited:
that sadly would not be a zelda game, voice acting quite often ruins games, unless it is done perfectly, even then it is a matter of opinion. To center the story around other characters happened in TP with Midna. You won't get your hand held through the story that is not the Zelda way. You have the story drip fed to you with a lot left to your imagination. This is where supposed links between games come from, peoples imaginations. Developers only hint at past games or characters it is up to you to take that information and mold it to something you want. The same goes with characters, character relationships are there or they aren't Nintendo isn't going to tell you. This is the oldest way of Roleplaying and Nintendo have it spot on. They know what they are doing with the series and we can see this with the consistently high scores all zelda games get. Link as mentioned previously is mute for just this reason, if he had the voice of some spoilt teen I wouldn't be able to identify or project myself, same goes if he had the voice of a child or an adult.

What you are asking or suggesting is that Nintendo ignore the formula that has got them 90%+ on every game for 20 years, for something that every other game is doing? Well sorry but I like Zelda because it keeps to itself, take Oblivion, voice acting, cinematics, fleshed out characters but still not half the game TP is.

If Nintendo change the Zelda formula it will be because they want to and they see it bettering the series, (ala OOT into 3d) it won't be in a way that puts it on the shelf with every other action RPG out there.

If you want to write fan fiction about the way you see the story happening and developing then go for it, that is why Zelda games are written the way they are so's not to stifle this image you have of the Zelda universe. There are plenty of awesome fan fics out there and I am sure yours will be one too, but the day a fan fic becomes a Zelda game is the day Nintendo stopped doing what made them Nintendo.

Well Secumfex you got me wrong in the first suggestion that i made. I want Link to have a depth in character but the lines will not be given. Like in all Zelda games you will have to choose in many occasions the answer or action of Link. You will still feel like you do now.
Also when i say give a depth in the character of Link i dont mean give him given lines of dialogs, i mean setting up the people around him. A father, a mother, a sister, a friend or a girlfriend. Its just so to give the feeling that Link didnt just came out of nowhere. Like in OOT. At first we thought he was a Kokiri, but then we learned he wasnt. Then we learned he was a Hylian that survived because his mother saved him and then died. This is what i am talking about. As for the voice acting, when you choose a specific response for Link to give to someone, the dialog will just be an extend of your decision. But with little amount of words. After all.....Link isnt the talkative type! :lol:

link soul i would like to be your wii friend, im not currently i sould be soon though.

To Toastie : I see your point but there are some series that need fresh ideas from time to time.
Also i think you misunderstood me about giving Link a voice. You see, i agree with you that people are able to project themselves on Link. But i would like to see the people in Hyrule speaking. That wouldnt be bad at all.
But in the case of Link, i dont want him to start speaking without an end. I want him at least to say some words for Christs sake. In TP, he didnt say ONE word. At least make him yell " MIDNAAAAA" when he thought she was dead.
Thats what i am saying. I agree on leaving Link as he is but at least make him say a few words here and there and in situations where he needs to!

cempler said:
link soul i would like to be your wii friend, im not currently i sould be soon though.

Cool. Then i shall add you now. I see your wii number so i know everything i need. Also i will put you down with your Wii name instead of cempler.

the question of voice acting on loz im for it. what could it hurt every game made now has voice acting why shouldn't loz. and link should have lines in the game. i dont see the harm in being able to speak. if you were to play any other rpg you would expect your hero to talk even if it was little rebutles such as "thanks,ok,ill take care of it, ect....", why should loz be any different. the way they have link set up now hes kind of rude.

* calls NASA *
"yup, a compleat genious, knows everything commin tomarrow? mkay." *hangs up *

hey NASA is going to come over to your place tomarrow.

-EXACTLY WHAT I BIN TRYING TO SAY! except... the voice.... um... i do agree that zelda ames need to talk, but mabey not link. hmmm. Oh and choices to make for a little fun, but you have to say yes in the end.

zelda: please help me save hyrule
link: yes or no: no
zelda: What? please the gods have chosen you if you cannot stop evil no one can! you must help us. will you please?
link: yes no: no
and so on....

cempler said:
the question of voice acting on loz im for it. what could it hurt every game made now has voice acting why shouldn't loz. and link should have lines in the game. i dont see the harm in being able to speak. if you were to play any other rpg you would expect your hero to talk even if it was little rebutles such as "thanks,ok,ill take care of it, ect....", why should loz be any different. the way they have link set up now hes kind of rude.

He talks and stuff, we just don't hear it. If you read the dialogs I don't suppose link talks telapathicly. So i gusse he dose talk, but we can't hear it.

:lol: Thanx Wiitendo. I'll make sure i have some milk and cookies for the Nasa guys.
As for the voice, well some words wouldnt hurt Link's personality. And the choices you speak about, i think they should be more complexed. Maybe even affect the course of the story. According to your decisions the game could become more difficult or easier. But thats another thing !

Wiitendo said:
He talks and stuff, we just don't hear it. If you read the dialogs I don't suppose link talks telapathicly. So i gusse he dose talk, but we can't hear it.

that's right i forgot that. the only reason i can think we dont hear him speak is to put us [the player] in the story, but thats not really a great reason not to know what he says if any thing we should be given a a promt with a list of differnt reply choices which would like link soul mentioned change the difficulty or even over all course of the game

I do agree the master sword has been overused, but I don't think link needs a voice, in the same way gordan freeman doesn't need one.

I havent read through everything. But i think the new zelda, like should be able to use two swords at once and other weapons like nunchuks. they could probably throw in some special moves to. Zelda:Twin swords

Oh i do agree with you. link needs a voice, and we need to get more personally into his life. ... The new one should be based on link not being a hero. like nobody wants him to be around because he kill a special person or was framed. and now he have to prove himself. link has a dark side or was control by a new force and he have to find out where has this evil force come from that is taking over him. and gandondorf can be in it but he can't be the last boss. But definitely this new evil should take over link and even zelda. allow link to fight zelda to save her. I'm sure you can see where i'm coming from. But yeah link needs to look like an enemy to hyrule now. BUt yeah the story need a new story.

Last edited:
Back