This is How the Next Zelda Game Should be like!!!

Link_Soul

WiiChat Member
Feb 18, 2007
Cyprus
Wii Online Code
1565-6554-4780-9702
Hi guys i am new here, i love Zelda and i am an experienced gamer.

So i have played TP and i think it miss something very important. It lacks the depth of the character of Link and in the story in general.
We have come to an age where games should be more complexed and make the gamer feel like there is a story that unfolds before his eyes.
OOT succeeded in doing that but back in 1997 this could be achieved much easier than now. So this is what i think that the next Zelda game needs in order for it to take the next step :

1) Link needs a voice : As much as it may sound strange Link needs to gain a voice! Why? Because i found my self wishing for Link to speak in TP. Expression of feelings can only be done by hearing the voice of your character. This point that i make here will be supported by the next points also so stick with me here.

2) In the next Zelda, things like " Oh Link the Hero save us....yada yada yada" should be vanished. Due to that, i already knew what was gonna happen or what i should do. Its just plain stupid to continue in that pattern. The story should be more complexed with twists. We dont need just a good story, we need to put in some depth of characters. Link should have a father, a friend , a girlfriend maybe. We need a story where we get to meet people around Link that are important to him in order for the story to get a bit more personal. Those characters will eventually have a part to play in the quest of Link to save Hyrule. Some will need Link to save them, some will die causing Link's rage, some will fall in love with him. And in the midst of all these Link will have to save Hyrule.
Thats why Link needs a voice. All of these cannot be done properly without Link being able to speak.

3) Link should be presented as a human being with emotions and weaknesses! No more Mr. Perfect hero. :aureola: I mean he must have a bad thing about him! I dont know if you get this point but anyway lets move on.

4) The next Zelda game needs some new evil.
twilightprincessganondosl3.jpg

Ganondorf has been overused and the Master Sword also. Hyrule is a land full of mysteries and legends. Link should face some new evil and threats other that our beloved Ganon. Maybe a game where even Link could be considered evil....i know...a bit strange but i have an idea which i will post in the future once i am done writing it.

5) And we come to my last suggestion. WHY THE HELL CANT LINK USE THE TRIFORCE? What the hell!! :mad5: I mean Ganondorf used it countless time to destroy or save himself from the void and death. Zelda used it to make some arrows or teleport Link and herself before Ganon crushed them. Why cant Link use his Triforce for something?
legendofzeldatriforceiivf4.jpg

Magic in an element that Zelda has missed a lot since OOT. Din's Fire, Farores Wind and Nayurus Love were amazing. Link needs some of those back with some new ones and also his Triforce should be put in use.

So the question is this.....

Do you agree with these suggestions? And then tell me why! :wtf:

He he sorry about that. I cant find a way to delete it!

If you want that much to change esp master sword/gannon. Just get a new franchise instead of ruining one that everyone but you like.

Link doesn't need a voice. The text-based story is what makes Zelda so great. And everything you just described is in TP. The girlfriend, the close friends around him, the complex storyline....the storyline in TP was amazing. I had no idea what I was going to have to do next. I do agree with you on the villain, though. We need someone new....Mario isn't always fighting Bowser, after all. And as for the magic, no. I think TP was the best one so far because it lacked magic.

Howbout everyone else has a voice exept Link? They can't really have a voice to fit him because it's better when you imagine what he sounds like and it makes him feel like a heroic guy or something. Like he gets his throat cut so he can't talk or something lol that would be cool :idea:

Here's my response to your prepositions...

1) In my opinion, I don't think Link should talk in the Zelda games. It's the "silent yet strong" hero that attracts me, I think =]. I do agree they need to add some form of voice acting into the game though. It might seem weird at first for me, but I'd get used to it.

2) I sort of agree. I think the Zelda series has improved though - at the beginning of the series, we knew nothing of the Link that we were controlling - he came from another land, got a sword from an old guy in a cave, and that's about it. Zelda III improved on that - this Link had an uncle (I think that was who he was - I can't remember XD). In Wind Waker, he had a sister and a grandmother, and now in TP he had friends, and even a job.

3) I think Link is perfect as he is. He's not too macho, not too feminine. In TP ...(SPOILER - I DON'T KNOW THE SPOILER TAG, SO JUST DON'T READ AHEAD FOR #3 IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER XD)... it was suggested that Link might become possessed with power. The series will hopefully improve - yet I don't want Link to be an evil individual - possibly a reformed thief?

4) I personally think the series is okay on villains. There was Zant, Majora's Mask, Aghanim(is that his name?), and a few others. I think Ganon should at least be a part of most of the games.

5) I have no answer for that o_O. I think in most cases - Link doesn't even know he possesses a fragment of the golden power. I actually didn't really even notice the absence of magic in TP until the end. It doesn't really make a difference with me - but I DID like Din's Fire XD

Sorry for the looonnnng post >.>

i disagree 99999999999999990000030849238797235082375%

lol sorry, just, I believe the thing that has made the zelda games so special is that its unlike other games, I also believe giving link a voice will HURT it ALOT.

Think about it, when you play Zelda, don't you imagine what Link's voice is like? If they do his voice and its different then what you expected, your not going to like it, at least thats how I feel, like FF7 / Advent children movie I didn't like the voices at all, and it lessened the enjoyment of the movie for me. Anyway I like how Link Doesn't talk

Now as for a new villain. Why? hes the big baddy.... I enjoy fighting him :D

It's like a continuous time loop to me thats how I see Zelda every time the evil arises a hero named link will appear to vanquish it, not to mention it's just how Zelda is, Honestly? I think TP should be the last Zelda, While I enjoyed TP Alot and the controls surprisingly we're very easy for the most part, but.. Look at the Graphics, I've always admired Nintendo because they seemingly didn't ever concentrate on "Kick-ass" graphics, and rather produce quality system, But with Zelda, I miss the cartoony feel it had, thats when I most enjoyed Zelda, now it's still a great game of course, nothing could ever diminish the greatness, but.. it's just not the same to me..

Anyway, I wish I worked for a game developer so I could unleash my boatloads of game Ideas and experience unto them, but alas, that'll never happen :cool:

Last edited:
1) If link has a voice the whole Zelda movement will flop. If Nintendo changes the voice and it goes wrong, then Zelda is over.
It would be ok to have him just saying the odd words lyk 'MIDNA' when she
turned into dust at the end of the game, and when she destroyed and went through the mirror of twilight
is in trouble but yeah.

2) No i dont agree i think like they should make a group of people or ''links'' e.g dark link, light link, fire link :S and they have never met and it becomes like a multistory game. And they all meet up in the end to form one large ending.

3) Hes not a perfect hero...come on face it, he gets pushed around by Midna

4) THERE WAS NEW EVIL IN THIS GAME. Just that ganon was behind it.
Ganon is like the Overlord of all evil and all evil leads to him.
As long as the bosses and the way u beat them change, Im consent.

5) Link can use power form the Triforce but not the triforce becuase he doesnt have power to do so. And u dont really need magic, the Legend of Zelda is turning a new leaf. You might see something completely new in the next one.

One of my Suggestions is that there is more areas altogether to increase gameplay.
E.g on normal earth u had the Ordon Provinces and all that.
But in the Twilight World all u had was a temple and nothing to explore.
And introducing a Grand Theft Auto idea is that there be like different zones to unlock.

But altogether this was the greatest game in history i have come across in my life.
The ending is just :yikes:

EDIT : If Mario had a voice and his voice over died, then what??
Mario would have another voice u would have to adjust to.

If they do give Link a voice, I think, like most anime, that it will look/sound great in Japan, but the english dub will completely suck. The words will probably not match the movements of the mouth, the character's voices will have too much emotion/emphasis in them, etc. Just look at Fire Emblem for the Gamecube to see what I'm talking about.

I think link do not need a voice, but more emotion on its face, I mean, on Wind waker he had a million tipes of faces, like scared, mad, happy, etc. In TP i didn't notice his face changing much, this is what I think, but voice would spoil things.

I agree with the new boss, ganon is a great boss, but the story is aways the same, capture Zelda and Link and use their power to get the triforce and bla bla bla, its getting tiring. Perhaps Dark Link would be a great villain, with a nice story about it.

I also agree with the triforce stuff, link should be able to use it, maybe not as Ganon and Zelda, but to perform small magics like din's fire (at least he would use it for something =P).

Back