Warnings

Chewitt

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Hemel Hempstead (England)
These could be introduced and used before a user gets banned, will act as a deterent and will thus banish the problem and allow the user to continue posting on here. A ban should always be a last resort in my honest opinion.

There are several addon (free) systems in the vbulletin.org forums that allow for warnings to be tracked. Basically, a warning is a point. Reach a certain # of points and you are banned.

It is doable. Personally, I would like the current template to work as it should before I WOULD spend too much time modding vbulletin. Not all of the buttons in this place work as they should.

lee.jarratt said:
They are called infractions I think.

There are several different systems available. Again, I would rather see the template in place work correctly before worrying about things like this.

as a supermod i have the ability to give negative reps. when a negative rep is issued, thats my warning- IE you know when your green bar turns grey that i negative reped you.

if that still doesnt help, i give a no posting ban for a few days to read over the FAQs and site feedback section until you realize you were in the wrong.

if that does nothing which sometimes is the case, permaban is used

The_Loose_Cannon said:
as a supermod i have the ability to give negative reps. when a negative rep is issued, thats my warning- IE you know when your green bar turns grey that i negative reped you.

if that still doesnt help, i give a no posting ban for a few days to read over the FAQs and site feedback section until you realize you were in the wrong.

if that does nothing which sometimes is the case, permaban is used
But you don't always give a no posting ban first. Like you just gave cach or whatever his name was an instant permaban. I think that the warnings are a good idea.

i dont think so, most of the users that ive seen banned have definately deserved them, and remember bans arent perm. so i think they serve as a good warning before a permiban, i think warning would let too many people off too lightly, Jill does a great job and im sure most other mods have no problem Pming a member who is obviously new and doesnt know to let them know what theyve done wrong before resorting to a ban

chach was banned previously before the perma ban now paintballer

Almo said:
i dont think so, most of the users that ive seen banned have definately deserved them, and remember bans arent perm. so i think they serve as a good warning before a permiban, i think warning would let too many people off too lightly.

Bans aren't a warning though, a ban is an excessive punishment for the first action taken. I'm not talking some fancy dan system to be installed, just if a user is playing up then a quick PM to the user in question and it can be sorted without having to slap a ban on someone.

It wouldn't be letting people off lightly at all, it would be giving them a 2nd chance, something which everyone deserves and then if they fail to listen to a warning a posting ban can be issued. A permanent ban should be the very last resort.

It depends on how serious the offense was, warnings would work well for minor offenses instead of an instantaneous [and harsh] ban on the member. But let Loose Cannon and other s. mods decide on what action to take.

Back