what nintendo could've added to the Wii channel

jlspec

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
San Diego
Wii Online Code
6920-9646-7256-3871
What do you think nintendo should've done with the Wii channel?

I for one think it would've been cool to be able to put a background image.

I don't know...but I wish there were items and things for the Mii's to use...and I wish you could take screenshots of them!

well a number of thing they should have ha dready like the internet channel mabey a instint messaginer channel (aim or a new wii one) and an more nuber on things but they did good i like the channels they give you

What would be really smart is to make an extension system, like in Firefox. You could get the little features and other goodies that you want, and the other stuff you can leave alone. Make your Wii truly personalized.

If only Nintendo really done their research, they would've known that customization is a selling point.

yeah, look at the xbox 360

the skins for dashboard are about $1 and gamerpictures/packs are about $1 too, you figure each person with an xbox will buy more than 1 of them, and there are more than 7,000,000 people w/ xboxes, and if they each buy 5 of each, that's $10, OR $70,000,000, for something that cost them about $5000 at most to make them all...

then there are faceplates, assuming each person buys 1 or 2 faceplates, that's approximately $210,000,000 for something that might have cost them $1,000,000 to make(considering machines they have to buy, labor etc.)

Modnerds buy Xbox, not Nintendo.

If Nintendo was Microsoft, they probably could make it a bit easier, seeing as how Microsoft has so many developement/proprietary companies by the balls.

pizzaluvr said:
there is no modding involved in that... simply removing a faceplate or changing a built in menu iption

My post was referring to the topic in general, not your post specifically, hence why I didn't quote you in that post.

And you are basing what you said on the assumption that the wii itself won't become more physically alterated. The wii has been out like 8 days.

oh ok, i realize the software could be changed, but they couldn't really make a new case or faceplate etc., and god forbid they start with skins, those are horrid and they stick to console

Back