What Video Game Franchises Do you dislike and/or hate?

Homicidal_Gamer

Yay I'm dead!
Jul 21, 2006
Over the Stars
What legendary game franchise do you not like? And or hate? I mean hasnt there at least been a game or franchise that everyone is talking about, and when you play it, you find nothing special about it at all? Well list the games that are said to be "Gems" but you find it nowhere near greater than a regular type of game, or you find it an absolute abonimation of a franchise.

Here is my list:

Grand Theft Auto (Franchise)

Thats right, I said it! GTA to me is nothing but a game combining crappy gameplay with crappy racing and other crappy mechanics in the game with a crappy and cliche' story line. GTA has become a big trend to the supposed "Cool" kids, does playing it make you look cool? No, I dont see how the people that love GTA can honestly continue playing the game after 20 minutes. I also find it odd, how everyone reviews these games with near perfection, these games suck, and just about all of them deserve 6's. The missions are boring and are repetetive, all the extras in this city are boring, ETC. But this is just my opinion, I am sure yours is different.

Metal Gear Solid (Franchise)

Well, I played part 2 and 3, and didnt like em at all, I just thought the controls were so sloppy, and with that I couldnt continue playing any longer. But I admit the story line is very good, but if Hideo Kojima could've just fix those controls, then I could've liked this franchise.

And thats it! Those are the two only franchises that I dont like, well I HATE GTA, but I just dont like MGS. So let me hear from all of you now.

Fifa
Same every year and it still sells
Need for speed
Press start to not play but pimp up your car for hours
arrh sod it i just hate EA
they where good in the 16 bit days but now its the same games every year
They realsed Katmari "over ere" and my local Game got 2 copys hmv 3 and gamestation about 5

It would be too easy just to list kid's games and EA Sports franchises, so I'll mention some others I hate instead:

Tomb Raider:
The first one was alright. The second was worth renting. But it was never good enough to keep on going for years on end. it's the same old rubbish every time, except with each outing Lara's breasts get bigger. And the controls are too fiddly.

Halo:
There, I said it. I don't hate Halo, I just never liked it that much. The gameplay is rather repititive, and the indoor level design is incredibly dull- everytime you go indoors it just seems to be an endless labyrinth of long, boring corridors and long, boring hub areas. On the other hand, I've got no problem with the outdoor levels, in fact I think they're quite enjoyable.

Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Medal of Honour, etc.:
Enough with the war games! How many times can you storm Omaha Beach before it gets tired?

I hate metal gear didn't like still don't, I don't like the new bomberman I loved the nes and snes titles and that about it

Jak&Daxter, Rachet&Clank, Sly Cooper,ect.(Ps2 platformers).

Aren't they all, like, the same game?

EA Sports
2003.2004.2005.2006.2007. Its the same game except with new players! And now a COACHING football gaming? WTF?

WWII shooters
They are all the same. Same places, same missions, same story-oh wait- they dont HAVE story. Sigh.

Metal Gear
This overrated series just isnt worth a PS2 or PS anything for me. "Wee, im a retard ol' sneaker who has to break necks and then hide the bodies and BLAH BLAH BLAH". Thank goodness Snake commits suicide in MGS4.

WWII games for sure, I agree. I think it's a bit creepy wanting to relive such a brutal war, even if it was very important. It belongs in history books and a few good movies, but not on a console.

Vietnam games. Thank goodness they stopped making these. Seriously, who wants to reinact the most unpopular, uncool and unintelligent war in history??

Darkprinny said:
They realsed Katmari "over ere" and my local Game got 2 copys hmv 3 and gamestation about 5

So are you saying you don't like Katamari Damacy??? It's one of the craziest, but unique games around, although I've heard the sequels are nothing new.

im going to get flamed so much for this but ....

i hate the new mario games because ...

Ever since mario 64, all the mario games have been going downhill. (this does not include ssbm or ssbb). I believe that they have run out of ideas for the mario franchise so they are just bringing back the old classics, cough* Super Mario DS cough*. I love the old super nintendo marios, the original mario bros, and the orginal mario kart along with Mario 64. Sunshine mario was just stupid. AND ANOTHER THING... WTF is with all these mario sports games?! I admit i enjoyed the FIRST mario tennis. I played the second in a gamestop and didnt care for it at all. Mario Golf ...... do i even have to talk about this? GOlf? ... ugh ... my brother also rented mario baseball for gamecube, i played it and it was easily one of the worst baseball games ever. The controls were horrible, the characters controls were horrible, and it was actually ... too hard. yes, too hard... it is supposed to be directed twards younger kids and i dont see how a younger kid could even score on that game... (my brother could barley win a game evry now and then).

Ill be happy to play the original marios on wii's VC with an actual controller rather than a rom and keyboard.

and for the people that said they didnt like metal gear solid... i understand if all you played was the ps2 mgs 2 & 3. Those sucked! The one that was really awesome and actually had a great story and action was the one for playstation. I still love that game.

Annnnndddd pokemon..... i admit i played pokemon ....... when i was 7. blue, red, and yellow were cool. Silver and gold were ok ... for a repetetive remake of the original pokemon. But ruby and sapphire and w/e the other one was ... just stop ... STOP.... Nintendo is ruining their classics just so they can drain money from them.

... poop ...

Hummm Let's see...
Halo - Simple and boring FPS. Don't know why everybody like this game.
Tony Hawk - I mean comon, the first one was fun, but now theres like 10 of them and its all the same!
Battlefield/Cod-Cod2/All others WWgames - I just HATE those. Specially games like Battlefield. There's no way to be GOOD, to get some skills, since the game is not only about how good is your aim, but also how good you can drive, pilot, swim and w/e. I prefer games like Counter-strike, where it really shows if youre skilled, or just a plain noob.

!panic said:
Hummm Let's see...
Halo - Simple and boring FPS. Don't know why everybody like this game.
Tony Hawk - I mean comon, the first one was fun, but now theres like 10 of them and its all the same!
Battlefield/Cod-Cod2/All others WWgames - I just HATE those. Specially games like Battlefield. There's no way to be GOOD, to get some skills, since the game is not only about how good is your aim, but also how good you can drive, pilot, swim and w/e. I prefer games like Counter-strike, where it really shows if youre skilled, or just a plain noob.

OK, I will ask you the same question I asked Arcadium a while ago: Have you actually played through the single player of Halo (as in the first Halo, not Halo 2), or have you just played Halo or Halo2 multiplayer and didn't like it?

If you play the level right after the mission called The Silent Cartographer, the one where you are underground and it's an artifical winter, you'd probably change your mind.

Please, details.:confused:

I dislike Warcraft! Sure, its not console, but its still a video game. And its not just because I'm a huge Starcraft fan, but its because its too easy. The skill required is much simpler than Starcraft.

Also, I agree with Wiiener that the newer Mario games are bad, especially compared to the old Mario games.

Trickz said:
I dislike Warcraft! Sure, its not console, but its still a video game. And its not just because I'm a huge Starcraft fan, but its because its too easy. The skill required is much simpler than Starcraft.

Also, I agree with Wiiener that the newer Mario games are bad, especially compared to the old Mario games.

WOOT someone that likes starcraft! yea, i hate warcraft and World of Warcraft too. Starcraft requires soooo much more skill and is much more cool in my opinion even if it doesnt have as many players or the graphics arent as good. I havent played starcraft in sooooo long, i prolly suck at it now :p

i think im gonna re-install it

lets see...

HALO... NateTheGreat dont ask me why I already told u...:)
THE GODFATHER... Bad graphics, bad story line and bad gameplay
MARIO KART 64... The Game play is so boring...

And more that I dont remember.

I dont like Mario Kart 64, but I hate HALO and THE GODFATHER

NateTheGreat said:
So are you saying you don't like Katamari Damacy??? It's one of the craziest, but unique games around, although I've heard the sequels are nothing new.

No I like it and i think that everyone shulod play it to feal the love

NateTheGreat said:
OK, I will ask you the same question I asked Arcadium a while ago: Have you actually played through the single player of Halo (as in the first Halo, not Halo 2), or have you just played Halo or Halo2 multiplayer and didn't like it?

If you play the level right after the mission called The Silent Cartographer, the one where you are underground and it's an artifical winter, you'd probably change your mind.

Please, details.:confused:
Yes I did, Actually I did the single player but in Co-op with my friend who had the X-Box. Yes, I had some fun, but it was because I was playing with my friend ...The story was nothing special...

Back