What's up with Pokemon?

I just thought of something cool.

What if, when you put certain pkmn together in the daycare and they have an egg, when the egg hatches it is a new species based on the two pokemon. Like, Magmar with Magmarizer makes a Magmortar, an Aerodactyl with a Skarmory could make something new and cool.

Cross species breeding? Wouldn't work unless a specific held item made it happen. Mainly because you'd end up getting the wrong poke, it'd mess with competitive breeding.

Otherwise it's a very possible idea, but I highly doubt something like that'd ever be incorporated... There'd be plenty of possibilities if it was implemented, though. Great idea, Storm.

That concept would open way to many doors. The race would be unlimited, and probably limiting contest pkmn to a few, if it works based on traits/statz of the parents

Ofcourse it'd open too many possibilities, that's why new cross-bred species should be introduced like new evolutions for old pokemon; only a few at a time. It'd just have to be limited how many would appear each generation. Besides, having infinite possibilities allows for better quality choices, right? It'l last until the very day the pokemon games stop, so that's a good thing.

Breed a Mewtwo with a Magikarp. You'll get the most powerful Pokemon ever... but all he knows is Splash...

All he NEEDS is splash; he'll implode the universe, noone can deal with firepower of that magnitude! [/fail referrence]

... Mewkarp?

Magitwo. :lol:

noone can deal with firepower of that magnitude

I beleive that is a Star Wars quote of Admiral Ackbar, Mon Calimari. [/epicnerd]

@ CK: I was thinking only introduce a few every generation, kinda like how they incorporated Magmortar, Electivire, Rhyperior, etc, into the fourth gen. Btw, the Item baby idea is really good, and it would work, mainly since they already kinda did it.

Pikachu + Light Ball + Ditto = Pikachu with Volt Tackle.

Magitwo? ... Sounds epic, lol.
I beleive that is a Star Wars quote of Admiral Ackbar, Mon Calimari. [/epicnerd]

Congratulations! You're a complete starwars nerd! :D ... Lol, I had a feeling you'd be the one to identify the quote.

Aaaanyways, introducing only a few per gen was my idea as well. The question is; should their be a single cross-breeding hold item, like an everstone (which could effectively be named something like the fusion stone), or will there be specific items for every new species?

I think a "fusion stone" (I'll be referring to it as that from now on, until someone thinks up something better) would be more practical, since there are so many possibilities, there'd probably end up being a bit too many species-specific items, it'd be a pain in the ass.

I concur.

Congratulations! You're a complete starwars nerd! ... Lol, I had a feeling you'd be the one to identify the quote.

Your saying you felt a disturbance in the force? :lol:

I agree with the "Fusion" stone, which would prolly need a different name for a pokemon game. Maybe like, Pokestone. :lol: Or, idk, something good. Fusion stone is good for now.

Magitwo? ... Sounds epic, lol.

Congratulations! You're a complete starwars nerd! :D ... Lol, I had a feeling you'd be the one to identify the quote.

Aaaanyways, introducing only a few per gen was my idea as well. The question is; should their be a single cross-breeding hold item, like an everstone (which could effectively be named something like the fusion stone), or will there be specific items for every new species?

I think a "fusion stone" (I'll be referring to it as that from now on, until someone thinks up something better) would be more practical, since there are so many possibilities, there'd probably end up being a bit too many species-specific items, it'd be a pain in the ass.
I recognized it... but I didn't want to be called a nerd. So I let Storm take the blow! ^_^

But seriously guys, you don't know the power of the dark side.

In other news, OMG POKEMON LIVE ACTION MOVIEH IN 2010!!1!!one!!

No pointless posts. :p

Don't bullshit us Bodine, that's not even ****ing funny... It's a disgrace to pokemon. ... Like Dragonball Z Evolution is to DBZ.

Back