What's your pokemon team?

Bulbapedia has what Smogon doesn't: details on every little ****in' thing you would or wouldn't care t' read. What Smogon does have is hilariously better than everythin' Bulba offers in that same venue. /discussion

fix'd :trololol:

Incorrect. This topic is valid since it's regarding Smogon and Bulbapedia, two important sources people might use for team buildin'.

Your post however, is off-topic since the call-out is incorrect. ohai delete button :trollkarp:

Smogon has what Bulba doesn't
Strategies
Never said Smogon was bad, just said Bulba has more info. Aside from strategies.
I use Veekun for everything else
Bulbapedia actually has information aside from the technical stuff, such as origins, trivia, info from games/media outside of the main series, more pictures, cooler images....

If you want to weed out the useless information to build a team
Smogon and Veekun are the best tools

Smogon has all the top builds and Veekun has everything else in an very organized manner
Bulbapedia is just too unorganized and crowded

Here we go.

• Metagross
Clear Body
Adamant
Red Card
EVs: 252 atk, 252 HP, 6 spd
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

My starter. Gets in and sets up SR while forcing a switch due to red card and proceeds to smash away. If forced to switch he has enough strength to come back in later with BP to revenge kill.

• Arcanine
Intimidate
Adamant
Air Balloon
EVs: 252 atk, 156 HP, 108 def
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Outrage

Favorite pokemon right here. Flare Blitz is the STAB of choice. Wild Charge can take down Gyarados and other threats to Arcanine that he can outspeed. Close Combat murders Chansey and Heatran. Outrage is this puppies new toy this gen, and with this set he can abuse it. I went with bulk opposed to speed so that this dog can switch in on an opposing dragon threatening my team, have Intimidate cut its attack and have the endurance to take a hit while OHKOing with Outrage.

• Hydreigon
Levitate
Timid
Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

All about coverage here. Excellent STABs rounded out with Fire Blast for Steel Types and Superpower for the likes of Chansey and other walls.

• Mamoswine
Thick Fat
Jolly
Choice Band
EVs: 252 atk, 252 spd, 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower
- Icicle Crash

My choice revenge killer for the group. Primarily using that awesome attack stat with STAB Choiced Ice Shard is nothing to scoff at, all the while forcing dragons to turn tail and run from this mammoth. Obvious coverage moves otherwise, Icicle Crash for those bulky Grass types that need an extra kick to get rid of.

• Gliscor
Poison Heal
Jolly
Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 108 def, 108 SpDef, 40 spd
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Most. Annoying. Pokemon. Ever. Period.

• Rotom- W
Levitate
Modest
Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP, 56 SpAtk, 220 spd
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Hidden Power Ice

Can't decide between Pain Split or Hidden Power Ice... Prolly gonna do Pain Split. Volt Switch provides some momentum for my team and good STAB, Hydro Pump hitting hard especially with the prevalence of Rain teams nowadays. With his bulk, Will-O-Wisp allows me to cripple sweepers.

So, review and rating please? Been awhile since I made a team lol

I think Arcanine should have Extremespeed on that set, since, well, it's Extremespeed. It would help make up for the lack of speed EV's too. Giving up one of those coverage moves isn't nice, though....

Why does Hydreigon have Timid if it has a physical attack move? I say go with a -Sp. Defense nature or something.

Aside from that it seems pretty slick, though I did this review a bit quickly so I might have missed something less noticeable.

Not related to the team, but Blissey is much more common then Chansey (which you mentioned a lot), as evidenced by the fact that Chansey dropped into UU.

Also I posted a UU team on the last page if anyone would like to rate that.

I meant blissey. That's a personal fail lol. Don't want extreme speed because I don't want him to revenge kill, just to be able to check a myriad of threats. As for hydreigons nature, everything it hits hard it already outspeeds for the most part. Would rather lower the attack bc superpower is just gonna be to cover blissey and other walls that he can't hit as hard at with his special moves. Figured its better to sacrifice attack but still be able to ohko with said attack than lower defenses and leave him open to ohkos himself.

I'd do the calcs to make sure, unless you already have. See if the 10% power drop of Superpower leaves it short of any 2HKO's or OHKO's.

My memory ain't t' blame for once, router's been dead for the past few days. >_>

Back