What's your pokemon team?

Anything with Swagger/Psych Up gets a w00t from me.

Cherrim's Powerboost is massive, specialy if paired with some ninja like skill prediction.
I'm both serious and not serious at the same time, however there is the myrad of things that stop it, counter it, and what have you.
The 50% boost to special defence and attack to Grudon is just a bout what he needs to rock.

Protect
Helping Hand
Substitute
Worry Sead / Toxic / Some...other....move?

I was reading one of the member's here rating on a team and I thought this would be a good place to write my team seeing that people seem to know their stuff.
Right now when I get platinum i should have
Machamp (no guard) - thunderpunch, fire punch, rock slide, dynamic punch
Empoleon - surf, ice beam, hydro cannon, drill peck
Gliscor - fire fand, x - scizzor, earthquake, poison jab
Lickilicky - flamethrower, thunderbolt, power whip, body slam
Giratina - fly, shadow force, dragon claw, earthpower
and what else? (help me out if you can)

It might not look like much on paper, but I think if trained properly, this could give someone a scare.

Platinum, I think thats a good moveset, but then again, I dont know very much about this stuff.

I was reading one of the member's here rating on a team and I thought this would be a good place to write my team seeing that people seem to know their stuff.
Right now when I get platinum i should have
Machamp (no guard) - thunderpunch, fire punch, rock slide, dynamic punch
Empoleon - surf, ice beam, hydro cannon, drill peck
Gliscor - fire fand, x - scizzor, earthquake, poison jab
Lickilicky - flamethrower, thunderbolt, power whip, body slam
Giratina - fly, shadow force, dragon claw, earthpower
and what else? (help me out if you can)

It might not look like much on paper, but I think if trained properly, this could give someone a scare.

Machamp: Personally, I dont like Machamp when used against me. This poke with No Guard Dynamicpunch is scary enough, but this set might help more than yours given. Bulk Up; Dynamicpunch; Stone Edge/Ice Punch; Payback/Thunderpunch. This is of course assuming it has Adamant nature. I prefer Ice Punch over Stone edge, not for the accuracy but for a more expanded type coverage, this would also give him a small edge against Dragons after Bulk Up.
If you go with Ice Punch, then it would prolly be best to go with Payback as opposed to Thunderpunch. Ice and Thunder have nearly the same coverage, so i dont see much point having them on the same set. B/c of Machamps mediocre speed, Payback will almost always get doubled, and Bulk Up should prep you to take a hit and as it states "Pay it back." Use Leftovers with this set.

Empoleon: Hydro Cannon is no good. While it may OHKO some things, the recharge turn will kill you, bc it could allow the opponent to set up a nice Sweep. If your looking for a Sweep Empoleon, the one I have for mine I got from Smogon. Swords Dance+ Priority set. Swords Dance; Aqua Jet; Drill Peck; Avalanche/Earthquake. Leftovers + Adamant.
This set makes good use of Empoleons type coverage, and suprises some expecting a special sweeper. I went with Avalanche over Earthquake for Dragon threats. Besides, most things Earthquake would crack are covered by Aqua Jet, but its your choice.

Gliscor: Ah, the Physical Tank of choice. Ive tried using a Sweeping Gliscor, but I could not make it work. Instead, I found him better to be a Tank, possibly a support too. This moveset works well. Swords Dance; Roos; EQ; Baton Pass/Stone Edge. Using Stone Edge would be for the more aggresive to use, but this set can also cleverly set up one of your physical sweepers, particularly speaking, Empoleon.
Scenario: You start with Gliscor, assuming you get in two Swords Dance before Roost. Then, unless you have advantage, Baton Pass for Empoleon, who comes in with the stat boosts already in effect. Thus, your Empoleon losses its need to Dance, and just crushes instead.

Lickilicky: This poke can give your opponent a run for his money, as long as you set it up the right way. If you use the above Gliscor set, assuming you make Lickilicky a physical Sweeper, you can Baton Pass into Lickilicky instead of Empoleon if situation calls for it. Swords Dance; Return; Aqua Tail/Earthquake; Explosion. Even with one Swords Dance, Lickilicky is scary to most. Return STAB covers most types, with Aqua Tail/Earthquake covering those that resist.
Swords Dance + Explosion is very scary, and can OHKO almost any poke in the game. Especially if you Baton Pass into this from Swords Dancing Gliscor, Lickilicky will be a fearsome creature.

I have no knowledge on Giratina, as with the rest of the legendaries. Im also not sure what to put in your last slot since I dont know squat about Giratina. Anyways, hope this helps!

Yeah, OK. Speaking of Smogon, should I get a tutor there or something? I really need to know more about all this stuff, and I read an article about it. Im assuming its just on an internet forum.

Yeah, OK. Speaking of Smogon, should I get a tutor there or something? I really need to know more about all this stuff, and I read an article about it. Im assuming its just on an internet forum.
Smogon in a brief description is the hardcore of the hardcore Pokenerds. We're talking about people who literally spend their day find math equations within the game to figure out how processes work, people who gather statistics from daily play, etc. It's a pretty darn impressive Pokededicated forum.

But it is the absolute heart and definition of competitive Pokemon. If you want to learn anything at all about Pokemon and have absolutely no shame, by all means go for it. I'm pretty sure there is an apprentice/tutor program on there where you can get some help with just about EVERYTHING you need involving Pokemon.

I actually know someone (online of course) who never really went to Smogon, but just knew about it. Then became active and reached around top 5 on Shoddy ladderboards, as well as becoming a moderator there.

:D F*CK YEAH SEAKING!!!!!!! BURN IN HELL MUDKIP!

Fixed. ... XD Congrats, Nick. Where was it?

Machamp:
If you go with Ice Punch, then it would prolly be best to go with Payback as opposed to Thunderpunch. Ice and Thunder have nearly the same coverage, so i dont see much point having them on the same set.

Ice and Electric give perfect coverage on every single poke in the game, Storm. One move hits everything the other can't for nuetral damage, so there's a great point in having them both on the same set - Machamp is slow as crap though, so there's no real reason to have both, he often can't take advantage of the type coverage. Anyways ... Since the team you analyzed was obviously ingame (which you did a good job of, btw), I'll also give an analysis. However ...

Platinum (the user), Giratina is obviously an uber, so you need to replace it with something less ... uber. :p Otherwise this team would get slaughtered in a legendary-fest battle.

Back