What's your pokemon team?

Roserade: Modest/Poison Point
-Energy Ball
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-???

For the last slot: What about a move to hit grass types that are immune to leech seed. sludge bomb? or maybe HP ice to hit the abundant OU dragons hard as well. or you could make it a subseeder and give it substitute.

anyways, here's a team i've been thinking of:

Aerodactyl: Adament?/Rock Head
-SR
-Double Edge
-Thunder Fang
-Crunch

I understand thunder fang if you're worried about waters, but i think EQ and stone edge/rock slide give better type coverage than crunch and double edge. Also, I'd definitely take pressure over rock head. Pressure is an awesome ability that can wreck strategies. Pressure + aerodactyl's speed is great for stalling out subseeders :p

Last edited:
I agree with Calibun.

@ Shadow: Funny... Your first three pokes mimic my current team. :lol:

Also, @ Shadow, change Zapdos' moveset, cuz that sucker will get completely walled by any ground type/rock ground eith his current moveset

I should have just done this all in one post. Oh well, I'm learning ^.^"

Arcanine: Adament/Intimidate
-Fire Fang
-Extreme Speed
-EQ
-Crunch

Arcanine can't learn earthquake. Do you know what item you're going to give him? Choice band could work... extreme speed + choice band is great. I suggest getting rid of fire fang for flare blitz for a lot more power, especially if you're choice banding him. Thunder fang or iron head could work instead of earthquake.

Infernape: Adament/Blaze
-CC
-Flare Blitz
-Thunderpunch
-SDance

Have you thought about making him special? You don't have many special attackers on your team. My infernape is kind of a mix with grass knot, flamethrower, nasty plot, and close combat (give focus sash, nasty plot on first turn, hopefully activate blaze, sweep).

Zapdos: Impish?/Pressure
-Roost
-Drill Peck
-Light Screen
-Thunderwave

I wouldn't use drill peck for his one attacking move. You should take advantage of his awesome SpA and give him STAB thunderbolt. True, he would be walled by grounds, but then he could just set up the screen and get out of there. As The Storm pointed out, a lot of grounds are paired with rock typing so drill peck would do nothing to them anyways. Since it looks like you're making him bulky, he'd be a good switch in to water types that threaten your aerodactyl, infernape, and arcanine if he had thunderbolt. Go with bold if you decide to use thunderbolt.

Oh and Gyarados looks good.

Last edited:
ok, so heres my newest team. plz rate.

Nidoqueen @ Relaxed @ Salac Berry?
Poison Point
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Ok. My reasoning for Nidoqueen is mainly bc she is one of my fav pokes. This team is OU, so i tailored her set to fit it. SR for obvious reasons, coping with her bulk, and if she does get in over her head, Salac is there to give her a boost in order to fire off her powerful set. This is a lead, so Fire Blast is there to take out many common OU leads such as Skarmory, Bronzong, Gross, things that would otherwise wall her. Superpower is powerful, coupled with the speed boost from Salac, she'll dent whatever she hits. Ice Beam is there to take out the likes of Salamence, who would also otherwise wall this set. Basically, its for her to take out more potent and common threats in OU, along with having no reliable counter for the opponent to switch in on her.

Ampharos @ Quiet @ Leftovers
Static
- Toxic
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Discharge

this ones a bit different. I wanted a bulkier electric type, and Ampharos called to me. Firing off special attacks off of a base 115 special attack is no laughing matter. This set makes use of Ampharos' bulk by allowing it to Status the foe with either toxic, static, or the 30% paralysis rate from Discharge (which is why I opted it over T Bolt) Signal Beam alleviates Ampharos of some things that would try to wall this set, suchas bulkier Psychic types, while Focus blast delivers a killer blow to things that arent ready for it. Basically, Status, and pass the plate is Ampharos' job here.

Starmie @ Modest @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Recover

All out killer. Boltbeam for coverage, Surf for STAB, and Recover to heal off LO damage. Simple, straightforward, and to the point, this Starmie is a bully. Able to tear holes into very common threats in OU while outspeeding them whilst they attempt a set up with a OHKO or 2HKO (ex: Salamence, Gyarados, etc.) This Starmie is basically a bully. I wouldve opted for Expert Belt, but I felt that the LO boost will help, especially if by chance something comes in on Starmie that is not super effected by its attackes.

Scizor @ Adamant @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-Turn
- Superpower

Revenge Kill, Metagame killer. I dont like using Choice items much, so Im trying to decide between LO and CB. Otherwise, this set is straightforward. Deal alot of damage without having to set up. This set can easily revenge kill by abusing Bullet Punch and Pursuit, U Turn to get out of tight spots and scramble for a counter, and Superpower in order to (hopefully) OHKO Blissey. Anything that resists the other moves, Scizor will dent with Superpower, along with alot of common Steel type switch ins who would, once again, otherwise wall this set.

Arcanine @ Relaxed @ Life Orb
Intimidate/Flash Fire.... Havent decided.
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat

Relaxed nature bc i want him to hit hard and take hits from both sides of the spectrum and abuse his bulk. Extremespeed is nothing to laugh at either, being able to revenge kill many pokes in the metagame/late game. Deciding between flash fire and intimidate is difficult, bc intimidate will allow me to disgruntle many set up sweepers for attack, but flash fire gives tremendous synergy with Scizor. flash Fire boosted Flare blitz and Overheat, along with coming off LO, is scary even to those who resist it.

Salamence @ Adamant @ Life Orb
Intimidate
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Simple Mixmence I suppose. Once again, I dislike using Choice Items. Mixed set to cover all the bases and LO to ensure that it deals the proper amount of damages.

Basically... The idea of this team is to hit hard, and the things it cant hit hard, stall out, and accumulate as much damage as possible for revenge kills. Stealth Rock is an enormous asset in OU anyways, especially to this team, since alot of the pokes on it are not OU. SR will help the damage accumulation and give things like my BP Scizor and ES Arcanine and easier time picking off the stragglers. With the diverse movesets Ive given each member, the idea of this is to force the opponent to switch for residual SR damage. I dont feel like having any stat up sweeper, id rather really on utilizing my team as a whole instead of relying on one poke to do the job. Its more fun that way.

Another thing I would like to point out is that not only will the SR damage build up, but the status afflictions from the likes of Ampharos will cripple most sweepers, as Discharge is as deadly a threat as ever being STAB (I think) and the 30% paralysis rate. The idea is, massive coverage on every poke forcing the opponent to try to bring in counters to take SR damage and receive status problems or the bulk of my teams power.

Ok, plz rate and help in any way you wish.

Last edited:
Ampharos @ Quiet @ Leftovers
Static
- Toxic
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Discharge

this ones a bit different. I wanted a bulkier electric type, and Ampharos called to me. Firing off special attacks off of a base 115 special attack is no laughing matter. This set makes use of Ampharos' bulk by allowing it to Status the foe with either toxic, static, or the 30% paralysis rate from Discharge (which is why I opted it over T Bolt) Signal Beam alleviates Ampharos of some things that would try to wall this set, suchas bulkier Psychic types, while Focus blast delivers a killer blow to things that arent ready for it. Basically, Status, and pass the plate is Ampharos' job here.

I, personally, would still choose thunder wave over toxic. You don't really have any walls on your team to stall out a poisoned pokemon. Leftovers isn't enough recovery for amphie to be stalling and you don't want to use discharge on everything, hoping for paralysis. Thunder wave is a great remedy for amphie's low speed and it will help the rest of your team sweep better.

Starmie @ Modest @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Recover

All out killer. Boltbeam for coverage, Surf for STAB, and Recover to heal off LO damage. Simple, straightforward, and to the point, this Starmie is a bully. Able to tear holes into very common threats in OU while outspeeding them whilst they attempt a set up with a OHKO or 2HKO (ex: Salamence, Gyarados, etc.) This Starmie is basically a bully. I wouldve opted for Expert Belt, but I felt that the LO boost will help, especially if by chance something comes in on Starmie that is not super effected by its attackes.

I've tried recover on starmie and it doesn't work too well. I know a lot of sets suggest it, but starmie falls fast with it's many weaknesses and wasting a turn to recover half it's hp is usually a bad idea. I just use this thing's speed to hit fast and hard with super effective damage. Maybe rapid spin or phsychic instead?

Arcanine @ Relaxed @ Life Orb
Intimidate/Flash Fire.... Havent decided.
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat

Relaxed nature bc i want him to hit hard and take hits from both sides of the spectrum and abuse his bulk. Extremespeed is nothing to laugh at either, being able to revenge kill many pokes in the metagame/late game. Deciding between flash fire and intimidate is difficult, bc intimidate will allow me to disgruntle many set up sweepers for attack, but flash fire gives tremendous synergy with Scizor. flash Fire boosted Flare blitz and Overheat, along with coming off LO, is scary even to those who resist it.

I'd go with flash fire, solely to help out scizor like you mentioned.

All just my opinions. you seem to really know what you're doing so go with whatever you think is best :D

one more thing... are you allowed to have the same item on 4 different pokemon? I don't know what rules you play by.

lol. Idts, but Im using this mainly for battles with friends. I dont do much competetive play, i try to stick to the rules of tiers, but i bend a few occassionally. lol.

Also, your right, I think Rapid Spin would be a great idea on Starmie to rid myself of entry hazards for Mence and others. you said TWave on Ampharos? nOnly reason I didnt put it on it before is to cover the entire spectrum, paralysis an poison basically covers everything.

you said TWave on Ampharos? nOnly reason I didnt put it on it before is to cover the entire spectrum, paralysis an poison basically covers everything.

Yup, you're right. Toxic would cover all those grounds that resist discharge. I just think that paralysis is more valuable to your team and I, personally would hate relying on chance for it :p

oh and the team as a whole looks great by the way. good job covering your weaknesses. just be afraid of earthquake... especially if your salamence goes down

Last edited:
Yea... Thats what I was figuring. Earthquake wont pose too much of a problem tho.... most pokes that carry EQ will be gone by the time Mence goes down, especially if I predict it an send in Mence on an EQ incoming for my Ampharos (SYNERGY) lol. Most of my pokes can down anything that usually carries EQ before they can hit hard enough to leave a dent anyways. I do agree with you though.... Perhaps I should replace Toxic with TWave, unless you can think of something better? What do you think about running Petaya on Ampharos instead? Health goes down after paralyzing a few pokes, then fire off STAB Discharges?

I do agree with you though.... Perhaps I should replace Toxic with TWave, unless you can think of something better?

If you're going with Petaya, you could always give it substitute and make it a sub-petaya set, but nah.... i still think statusing is best

What do you think about running Petaya on Ampharos instead? Health goes down after paralyzing a few pokes, then fire off STAB Discharges?

sounds like a good strategy. if you're planning on taking hits, you might want to add some bulk to him. this EV spread from smogon looks good: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe. Also, definitely not quiet. Go for modest if you want his SpA up.

>:0==Q<
giraffe

quiet still boost SpA, just lowers speed instead of Atk, which Ampharos has none of anyways. Hes not lookin to outpace anything.

quiet still boost SpA, just lowers speed instead of Atk, which Ampharos has none of anyways. Hes not lookin to outpace anything.

Speed is always useful! He could outspeed plenty of walls. If you know you're never going to use his attack, best to lower that rather than speed.

If speed isn't his purpose, just don't invest and EVs in speed... throw them into HP and SpA. Still, when you have a pokemon with only physical attacking moves or only special attacking moves, it's best to choose a nature that takes away from whichever attack stat you wont be using. HP, Speed, Def, and SpD are always in use no matter what.

The exception of course being gyro ballers or trick room abusers :p

Last edited:
Back