What's your pokemon team?

Okay, J, I'll PokeSAV this team when I have time.

Already did it for J, Esp, no need to worry about it. :thumbsup:

Not bad to say the least. I got a Bonzong just like that. I will be seeing you over wifi soon

I don't like the team, honestly... One of my teams not even designed for 6v6 (PBR only, 3v3) 3-0'd it. It's also got some flaws, too; Gliscor is a risky sweeper w/o Sandstream support or a BP, Charizard is even moreso, and even less reliable as a Petaya set, rather than BellyDrum. Two risky sweepers that are countered easily, all slow pokemon (except for Crobat, which gets mowed down quickly, and his set doesn't even function too well in OU... ), and some key weakpoints to some types, especially Water and Ice; Gyarados basically wipes out this team if he DD's and Liechi's, or gets 2 DDs. CM Suicune ruins this team once Electivire is gone, too. I'm not seeing too much synergy in this team, either...

There's no real heavy hitters here either, that can attack immediatly. Having a team of pokemon in this fast-paced metagame that can't do their purpose efficiently and quickly, is a death sentence.

The only thing I can commend this team for is originality, lack of major OU pokemon to abuse, and some amazing key resistances in 4 immunities to ground, 2 resists to Rock, and 4 resists to Fighting (one being 4x). These are predominatly the most common heavy hittter go-to offensive types, with a few exceptions such as Gyarados, or Tyranitar (DD Crunch just crushes this team... ).

*is not needed now that CK is back*
Really want to battle somebody... NEED WEP CONNECTION!

Noooo, we all appreciate your thoughts, Fox, whether I'm around or not. =) None the less when I'm gone 5 days a week, too. Especially since I've got a new OU team I finished up literally an hour ago. So, this gives everyone the chance to rate one of my teams, for once. Be as ruthless as possible, I want any and all errors made noticable. =)

Lead:

Uxie @ Leftovers, Bold, 244 HP/210 Defense/56 Sp. Atk (EVs specifically made to lol @ common leads of today, be it 2HKO's or taking very little damage)

Stealth Rock
Yawn
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot

This is my own little innovative set for Uxie. No, it's not a TrickScarfer, or your standard pixie leading set. The EVs are tailored to 2HKO Aerodactyl with T-bolt, 2HKO Swampert with Grass Knot, etc. etc. It can take pretty much any assault too; Uxie lol's at CB Crunch from a TTar. Yawning and then SRing on the switch/putting TTar to sleep, Uxie's job is done and I get a free switch. Speaking of it, Yawn is there for leads I just can't handle, i.e. Metagross (nothing I can do to harm it, really) or Infernape. SR is explains itself; my teams needs it, and it gives Uxie an important role as a lead.

Salamence @ Choice Specs, Modest, 252 Spe/252 Sp. Atk/6 Def

Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump

My favorite Specs sweeper, always has been, always will. Salamence is my second favorite non-Uber Dragon (second to Latias, which she creates... problems for the team), and this is my all-time favorite set of it. It pounds things with Draco Meteor, sweeps late game with Pulse, and kills everything in between with it's two coverage moves. Standards SpecsMence, really.

Scizor @ Choice Band, Technician, Adamant, 248 HP/252 Atk/10 Spe

Bullet Punch
U-turn
Superpower
Pursuit

The notorious Scizor appears on my newest team, what a suprise... I thought I'd finally drop my SD Scizor for the more common CB version. Anywho...

Bullet Punch is there, because without it, Scizor fails. Same with U-turn; it's the core move to my team's success. My late-game sweeper, revenge killer, and other things that pair well with Scizor (such as my Mence) get a free switch into whatever counter they bring in. In short, mind games son.

Superpower is there to kill of Heatran; when scarfed, it can give my team some problems. Pursuit is there to rape Blissey; we all know SpecsMence has nothing on her, and my other Sp. Atker (a ScarfGengar) lacks a move to even dent Blissey; or atleast, not without expense. Pursuit also nags a good shot on things like Starmie, Azelf, etc. that can bug my team. Overall, nothing but standard.

Metagross @ Lightclay, Careful, 252 HP/72 Defense/178 Sp. Def

Light Screen
Reflect
Explosion
Earthquake

Not the most obvious Metagross set, hm? With these EVs and the screens, his biggest counters (such as Heatran) fail to OHKO/2HKO him. Two of these big threats, Magnezone and Heatran, are destroyed by Earthquake in the process.

Being as my ScarfGengar and Salamence can be somewhat fragile, as well as aiding my sweeper to set up, dual screens can put me in a very good position. It can also help soften the blow when bringing in a pokemon on Scizor's U-turn, if by some rare chance, Scizor is faster and needs to gtfo (such as against a Magnezone).

Explosion, coming off of a base 135 attack alone (nuetral and untouched, 306 Attack) still back huge offensive power. If EQ isn't killing off somewhat, Explosion should be. Wasting very few turns (especially if Metagross faints himself for a safe switch in for my next poke), my screens are still up and sturdy, and my next pokemon comes in safe, or relatively slow. All the while, Metagross may have left a dent in the opposing pokemon. For my sweeper, this could be the difference between a clean sweep, or a fail.

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry, Jolly, 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP

Dragon Dance
Crunch
Stone Edge
Fire Punch

Here he is, the menace himself. DDing has always been a specialty of this monster of a pokemon, and has always been a star on most of my teams. But, the metagame has changed, and so has my moveset for DD TTar.

Dragon Dance is a definite yes (you're an idiot if you think so otherwise), Crunch and Stone Edge are virtually necesarry as well. Fire Punch is there to manhandle steel types, especially Forretress and Scizor.

Now, Scizor is this set's worst enemy. Bullet Punch off the ever-common CB Scizor gets TTar into kill range from only a single hit of Stealth Rock. SD Scizor obviously murders this set anyways. Babiri Berry is there to half the damage from super-effective steel type attacks. When Scizor switches in to BP me, I survive with 50-40% of my health, and proceed to OHKO with Fire Punch. With that done, I'm usually free to sweep.

Even better, if Scizor is KO'd/isn't on the opponents team, and screens are up, I could probably get off 2 DDs, and that's game right there if it's late game, and my opponent's team is in bad condition. Point being, DD TTar is a beast, and if I can get Scizor out of the way, then he has almost nothing to fear anymore (... except maybe Heatran, but with Light Screen/Sp. Def boost, Earth Power doesn't do ****).

Gengar @ Choice Scarf, Modest, 252 Spe/252 Sp. Atk/6 Def

Shadow Ball
Trick
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

And here he is, an old friend of mine. He was commonplace in my early days, but his frailness (and lack of trick) led me to abandon him... But now, he's back with avengeance.

Shadow Ball is STAB, he needs it, lol. Trick is to completely ruin walls and tanks, or at worst, hinder a wall breaker/random poke who hates Scarf. Thunderbolt is specifically for Gyarados; DDers give my team trouble, ugh... Focus Blast is to destroy TTar, especially DD TTar (which ironically, am using on this team). Without this Gengar, DD TTar rips me to shreds, I pretty much lose once he gets a DD, and is for the most part, unharmed. Not a reliable check, yes, but I couldn't find much else to round off an offensive only team.

I'm also debating a bit on whether to add HP Ice into the mix, and drop Trick for it. HP Ice is my only way to take out DD Mence without sacrificing one or two pokes, which is absolutely fatal late game. However, if it has a Yache, I'll still be sacrificing pokes; and in the case of a Yache/I don't have HP Ice, Shadow Ball does the job anyways. As mentioned before, I absolutely need Focus Blast for TTar. Quite a dilemma... Rate my team or not, atleast comment on this moveslot syndrome problem I have. :p

And there you have it, my first team in months... Enjoy toying with it, without my interferance. :p

well before my ds broke i had pokemon d/p my team was
darkrai
forgot his moves but i think he had shadow ball
seaking
surf water gun and.........i think ice beam and waterfall
mewtwo
shadow ball
physic
hyper beam
some rock thing i forgot the name
mew
fly
thunder bolt
cut
and hyper beam
magikarp (lvl 100)
splash
tackle
and a ditto

Uxie? Isn't he an uber?

LOL, no. Lack of a recovery move, great but not incredle defenses, and below average attack stats make him a not-so good pokemon. He's UU, actually. He can't phaze, can't sweep (compared to his brethren Mesprit, and you can't even compare him to Azelf), can't recover, and can't fight back unless it's status or support.

He's epic when used right, though. :D ... Or atleast I hope so, this lead is completely experimental. If my theorymon proves correct, he'll be a great lead.

well before my ds broke i had pokemon d/p my team was
darkrai
forgot his moves but i think he had shadow ball
seaking
surf water gun and.........i think ice beam and waterfall
mewtwo
shadow ball
physic
hyper beam
some rock thing i forgot the name
mew
fly
thunder bolt
cut
and hyper beam
magikarp (lvl 100)
splash
tackle

and a ditto

... LOL!

I'm slowly working my way through Platinum. My team isn't very good right now, but I have the following:

Zubat
Prinplup
Buizel
Pachirisu
Kadabra
Egg

I keep Pachirisu because he knows Cut. Buizel knows Rock Smash and will learn Surf and Waterfall once I get far enough. I keep Kadabra on my team mainly because he's one of my favorites, but I will teach him Flash soon and I use Teleport when I'm stuck. Zubat will eventually be learning Fly. I refuse to teach Prinplup any HM moves, so for moving around the field this is about as good as I can do at the moment. Working on finding and catching new Pokemon to alter my team as we speak though. I know it sucks. =P

@ck yea lol :lol: my friend dared me to beat the game and have magikarp on my team :lol:

Lol, epic. I need to try that. XD

I'm slowly working my way through Platinum. My team isn't very good right now, but I have the following:

Zubat
Prinplup
Buizel
Pachirisu
Kadabra
Egg

I keep Pachirisu because he knows Cut. Buizel knows Rock Smash and will learn Surf and Waterfall once I get far enough. I keep Kadabra on my team mainly because he's one of my favorites, but I will teach him Flash soon and I use Teleport when I'm stuck. Zubat will eventually be learning Fly. I refuse to teach Prinplup any HM moves, so for moving around the field this is about as good as I can do at the moment. Working on finding and catching new Pokemon to alter my team as we speak though. I know it sucks. =P

You don't need Flash in this game, it's a regular one-time TM now. There's only one cave in the game you need it for, I think, and the cave is both hidden and not necesarry for the story. I recommend teaching flash to a pokemon you don't need at all, definatly not a powerful Kadabra.

Oh. I didn't know. No need to laugh at my intillegence....

Sorry, I find it funny when people don't know tier placements. Guess I jumped the gun though, not everyone uses UU pokemon in OU, after all (before Uxie, I certainly didn't). My bad.

@ck yea lol :lol: my friend dared me to beat the game and have magikarp on my team :lol:

Lol, epic. I need to try that. XD

Zubat
Prinplup
Buizel
Pachirisu
Kadabra
Egg

You don't need Flash in this game, it's a regular one-time TM now. There's only one cave in the game you need it for, I think, and the cave is both hidden and not necesarry for the story. I recommend teaching flash to a pokemon you don't need at all, definatly not a powerful Kadabra.

Oh. I didn't know. No need to laugh at my intillegence....

Sorry, I find it funny when people don't know tier placements. Guess I jumped the gun though, not everyone uses UU pokemon in OU, after all (before Uxie, I certainly didn't). My bad.
:) I can't stay mad at my friend like that

OT: Bronzong.... Not a good attacker but it's a good wall.
Thinking about adding Gallade to the team. Is that a good idea?

Back