What's your pokemon team?

One more question:
Should I focus solely on attack and make Thunderbolt Thunder Punch? Or leave Bolt there, lower his attack power and raise his special attack?

Actually Electivire might want Thunderbolt as a back-up if he's ever burned, which is quite a common status condition.

Whew... Lot's going on while I'm gone. Happy to see this thread's thriving, honestly. =)

Another new team. Rate and suggestions plz.

Aerodactyl @ Jolly @ Focus Sash
Pressure
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Scizor @ Adamant @ Life Orb
Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-Turn
- Superpower

Meganium @ Jolly @ Light Clay
Overgrow
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Body Slam
- ?

Swampert @ Adamant @ Leftovers
Torrent
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Avalanche

Marowak @ Adamant @ Thick Club
Rock Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Double Edge

Dusknoir @ Careful @ Leftovers
Pressure
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Pain Split

I like this team much better than my last. Obviously it could make a good sandstorm team, but im keeping it as is for now. suggestions and comments are appreciated.

I'll get on this tomorrow; I've got quite a few corrections to make... [/evilgrin]

@ Shadow: Meganium is only on there to set up semi-permanent screens to make life simpler for the rest of my pokes in swtchin into moves, setting up, etc. For Aero, I figured as much. I only put Iron Head for filler and for its 30% flinch rate. Reasoning for Superpower on Scizor is to score as hard a hit as it can then U-Turn back when a counter comes in for the stat drop. Also, Dusknoir needs WoW if I want it to survive. This way I can also cripple banders and DD's in OU (Salamence, Gyara, etc.)

You've got the right idea, Storm. WoW is a necesitty for any physically-based Dusknoir. :thumbsup:

It's a shame Meganium has literally no other point in being around, though. Even with screens up, it's set up fodder, does little damage, and at best can para-hax with Body Slam. I really recommend another screener, even if it's not some over-popular OU n00b like Blissey.

if you want a good Screener then why not Blissey or Alakazam? i mean your team is all OU except for that piece of crap

'Zam is a risky Screener, since his defenses are pathetic; and it leaves him with two attack options, and often a lower Sp. Atk to atleast buffer HP/defenses slightly. He's only a good screener as a suicide lead; minus the suicide, no explosion/SR here, sadly. Uxie, on the other hand... =D Being the huge Uxie fan I am, he's a god at this. Screens, Yawn, SR, and many more anti-metagame options. He may be UU, but he's BRILLIANT.

originality is fine but i wouldn't cripple myself for it.

and you really need to get over that anti-legendary mentality. they're not all super powerful so its ok to use them

Blissey/Calm/Leftovers
-Seismic Toss
-Reflect
-Lightscreen
-Softboiled

Yes, Storm does. Good standard set by the way, Shadow. It's crap without specific EVs, though...

i'm just missing 5: Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus
all hard to get Pokes too

As some have said, if only you had wi-fi, Shadow. =/ If you're ever going way out of your area on the weekend, contact me; maybe by some incredibly lucky chance you'd find a wi-fi spot, and the time to trade.

I don't think blissey would be a good screener cuz its too slow and weak in Def. TTar would merely need to stare at it 4 10 seconds and it'll faint depending on its EVs. Also depending on the opponents lead. On second thought it may work though Alakazam would probably work better.

Get Manaphy and you pretty much have Phione

Blissey's a great screener, actually. Yes, TTar scares the **** out of her, but she can survive a pursuit, even when switching, with Reflect up. And if you think (or know) TTar will switch out of fear of being stalled out, you can Light Screen, and have both walls set up for many-a-turn. Sweepers away. :p

i'm already saving money for a new Wii and some other games. plus i've got bills. getting that will take a while.

besides, i know why my DS won't link into the signal. a DS can't link into a WEP signal, which is what i'm using.

DS takes WEP rather than WPA, actually... Or so that's what I remember. It's just that some routers aren't compatible with the DS; my old one wasn't at all, even thoguh I got 2 bars generally. But my new Netgear works like a charm, even when I'm a floor away from it.

I need ideas for a Ninjask. Heres what I have so far:

Ninjask - Adamant - Focus Sash
Speed Boost
X-Scisscor
Protect
Swords Dance
Baton Pass

Standard Ninjask... Yep. But, that's the old one. It's **** nowadays; shittier a fair few months ago, but still not a useful lead at all (and Focus Sash is completely irrelevant unless he's a mid/late-game poke BPer that only gives speed). However, SD and Protect never work on the same set. Try one of these sets, instead.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/ninjask

I really don't recommend set 2... Set 3 could give you a lucky break if you're (especially) facing a Hail or Sandstorm team. But, if these aren't their primary team purpose, they'l probably not lead with Hippowdon and obviously not Abomasnow; TTar is also a much less common lead nowadays, too.

Set one is, ofcourse, my favorite. However, I modify it however I please; either by giving it a Sash instead (since weather leads are, as mentioned, less common), dropping it's attack move for Protect (gives you an extra speed boost in most cases, +2 attack and speed lets you sweep pretty easily).

However, any of the sets has huge problems against today's common leads. Set 2 could counter an older metagame better, but now, with BP Metagross, the up and rising Anti-Meta Mamoswine, uncommon but possible Infernape and Weavile, perhaps a TTar or Roar Swampert in there too. And with Stealth Rock rampaging, without a spinner, Ninjask won't be coming in successfully again; aside from gettng +1 speed if it has protect, which isn't too helpful usually.

I really don't recommend Ninjask nowadays... It was overhyped in ADV (great poke, but...), and in the early days of DP.

i don't know enough about ninjask to be completely accurate but i suggest ditching protect for a different move, maybe Toxic if it can learn it.

No toxic on Ninjask Shadow. Hes only there to baton pass. Protect is to stall in order to gain from his Speed Boost ability. This, plus swords dance, is all only to be baton passed. You could call him wasted space, or simple a buffer poke. lol.

Well said, Storm. ... Except the Protect part; in today's Metagame, that doesn't really work anymore...

Believe it or not I am getting a team that will make it to a Pokemon Hall of Fame over the internet. The team will be unstoppable. I wish you all luck beating it. (sorry for bragging)

L.O.L.

post said team so that we can rip it apart

YESYESYESYESYES!

Well... Here it is:

Gallade @ Focus Sash
Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak
Taunt
Destiny Bond
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crobat @ Leftovers
Jolly
252 Att, 204 Speed, 52 HP
Moves:
Brave Bird
U-Turn
Substitute
Roost
------------------------------------------
Gliscor (Ability: Hyper Cutter)@ Life Orb
Jolly
Moves:
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roost
-------------------------------------------
Charizard @ Petaya Berry
Timid
252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP
Moves:
Flamethrower
Substitute
Dragon Pulse
Will-O-Wisp
-------------------------------------------------------
Bronzong (Ability: Levitate)@ Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP, 86 Attack, 80 Defense, 92 Special Defense (0 Speed IV)
Moves:
Earthquake
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
---------------------------------
Steelix (Ability: Sturdy)@ Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 4 Attack (0 Speed IV)
Moves:
Earthquake
Gyro Ball
Roar
Toxic

Be rating this tomorrow, too.

Beware anything with surf...

Latias, anyone? ;D

both i believe

Correct!

physical attack

Correct again! (... if an opinion could be correct :p)

Actually Electivire might want Thunderbolt as a back-up if he's ever burned, which is quite a common status condition.

You really shouldn't be switching Electivire into pokes that CAN use burn moves. :p He has no business against ghosts, and the few others WoWing, such as Heatran (Earth power @ Scarf/Specs is nasty for him). Thunderpunch is really the way to go; especially since his attack is already low for OU standards, as well as Expert Belt not scoring Super Effective hits without good prediction hindering him further.

You really shouldn't be switching Electivire into pokes that CAN use burn moves. :p He has no business against ghosts, and the few others WoWing, such as Heatran (Earth power @ Scarf/Specs is nasty for him). Thunderpunch is really the way to go; especially since his attack is already low for OU standards, as well as Expert Belt not scoring Super Effective hits without good prediction hindering him further.

You really shouldn't switch him in until you predict an electric attack. Then he was an absolute beast for me in a few Shoddy Battles.

Which is still somewhat bogus until late game, because Electivire isn't sweeping a team with atleast 4 healthy pokemon/being baton passed something wicked successfully (which still isn't sweeping said team, unless he got two SDs or something... ).

Not to mention you're gambling on an electric attack to hit; if that doesn't happen, you could end up wasting a switch/ruining the element of suprise, lowering your chances of a motor drive boost significantly. Electivire just isn't excellent, speed boost or not. He's actually pretty gimmicky, you could say.

... Until someone thinks up a very effective CB set. Then maybe he'll have a possibly great set.

Do you use Pokesav CK?

Ya, I couldn't of made your GodKarp without it. =P

Post your team, while you're at it, J. If you deleted the PM you sent me, I'll PM you a copy of your team back. Copy/paste ftw.

Finished team:

Gallade @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Moves:
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak
Taunt
Destiny Bond
--------------------------------------------------
Crobat @ Leftovers
Jolly
252 Att, 204 Speed, 52 HP
Moves:
Brave Bird
U-Turn
Substitute
Roost
------------------------------------------
Gliscor (Ability: Hyper Cutter)@ Life Orb
Jolly
Moves:
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Roost
-------------------------------------------
Charizard @ Petaya Berry
Timid
252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP
Moves:
Flamethrower
Substitute
Dragon Pulse
Will-O-Wisp
---------------------------------------------------
Bronzong (Ability: Levitate)@ Leftovers
Sassy
252 HP, 86 Attack, 80 Defense, 92 Special Defense (0 Speed IV)
Moves:
Earthquake
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
---------------------------------
Electivire @ Expert Belt
Adamant
Moves:
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch