when was the Wii sold out

bumbleB

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2008
went to buy one yesterday for SSBB but it was sold out. i know they were Sold out last year, has it been like that since?

a while its supposed to get restocked stop me if im wrong but yea its hard 2 find them!!! but i heard ALOT r supposed to come

Its still hard to find in stores, and many feel its Nintendo's doing. They feel they are holding them back to increase demand etc. so it may be a bit before they are in stores for good. Just call around your area and ask when they will get shipments.

They are the FASTEST SELLING video game console in HISTORY! Don't fall into any of the rubish about it being held back on purpose, thats just the voice of the "i can't believe it crowd" It would be a stupid buisness move and they wouldn't loose current sales in hopes of future sales based on continued supply hype alone.

Wii out 16 months and sells an average of_1,410,000 a month
PS3 out 16 months and sells an average of__679,000 a month
360 out 28 months and sells an average of__628,000 a month

You would have problems keeping them on the shelf too if you had to make more than twice as many as your best competition. ha ha

But they are just now getting a grip on Wii production seems like it only take a few days a week at most to track one down. Before you could wait a month or more of careful planning to snatch one up, or just be lucky. Within the next couple months hopefully they will be able to keep up with demand, although they have never met demand so we have no clue for sure when they will catch up.

Last edited:
I have like 16 different game stores in my town I was able to find a copy of halo 3 ok and everyone has a 360 in my town soooo yeah there are prob some in my town still.:smilewinkgrin:

FingerSub said:
I have like 16 different game stores in my town I was able to find a copy of halo 3 ok and everyone has a 360 in my town soooo yeah there are prob some in my town still.:smilewinkgrin:

You know he's talking about Nintendo and the Wii right?
There should be some 360's in every town aswell as Halo 3. Microsoft hasn't had any major supply issues. :lol: :lol:

Infact it seems Microsoft counts anything they make as sold before it happens, so if you go by their numbers vs. NPD numbers there should be plenty of 360's and copies of Halo 3 for a while. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
I had been thinking about buying a Wii for months before, and in February I actually walked into the store and saw one there... I decided I'd take a chance and snatch one while I could. I came back a day later to pickup Metrod Prime 3: Corruption and there were none left. I asked the clerk how many they had in yesterday, he said 20-30... I asked when the sold out, he said by the afternoon they were all gone.

Back