Wii/360/PS3 - Fanboy/Fanboys

MasterJedi2U said:
Lol thats funny...Shift is the reason why wiichat is becoming worse.

And yeah that Yoda quote is COMPLETELY WRONG. But then again you probably know what it is and just decided to be "clever/innovative" (sony style) and tweak it just a bit so its "new".

But you gotta admit, hes slightly better then when Wii&Ps3 was here all the time.

MasterJedi2U said:
Lol thats funny...Shift is the reason why wiichat is becoming worse

Wiichat getting worse? pfpffft! Notice how I hardly ever leave comments in the Wii section or any other one for that matter. When i Do post in the Wii forum it is because theres something interesting to be said and it is never bashing the Wii. I like the Wii.

How could it be getting worse if 90% of my posts are here, in this one small subsection? I dont think me posting here has made the entire forum with numerous subsections worse. Its just illogical.

Anyways, that is your opinion, you are entitled to it.

So Shift justifies poor writing by saying he's some kind of famous script writer? No wonder movies suck. 90% is right. He doesn't shut up. Writer's block? More like writer's mental illness.

but yeah a fanboy should know how to debate. But i have to agree with ssbb_lover and jay61. so people are to strongly on the side of one console, until they can't see nothing else but that console

Ok so mabey your right, *looks at my avatar and sig.* When you love such a great company as nintendo, theres too many sterotypes. You could honestly keep a flame war running forever. Sony fanboys go on the offical nintendo forums, to spam, flame, and rant. Lives anyone? It just gets overwhelming, then we have the xbox people, who don't really do anything anymore since most people are wii60. So for fanboy/flame war haters and sparkers alike. Keep this is mind, when you go on some random char or forum and pretend to act smart and stuff.

Wiitendo said:
Ok so mabey your right, *looks at my avatar and sig.* When you love such a great company as nintendo, theres too many sterotypes. You could honestly keep a flame war running forever. Sony fanboys go on the offical nintendo forums, to spam, flame, and rant. Lives anyone? It just gets overwhelming, then we have the xbox people, who don't really do anything anymore since most people are wii60. So for fanboy/flame war haters and sparkers alike. Keep this is mind, when you go on some random char or forum and pretend to act smart and stuff.
Go to PS3 and Xbox forums, what do the Nintendo fanboys do? ;)

I read these PS3 forums every day. I rarely post unless there is some point to it, mainly because every thread has degenerated into a flame war before I have had the chance to post my own thoughts on the topic.

For a while, I had thought Shift was the cause of a lot of these arguments, but after seeing this thread, and quite a few others, I can tell that Shift is simply the target of every person who hates the PS3. If I'm being honest, I would have to say that Shift is the only person in here who has any real idea what he is talking about on these forums, and he has been the receiver of a lot of nasty comments and immature talk.

So let me just say, to you Shift, keep doing what you're doing. Maybe eventually you will get the respect you so rightly deserve. And maybe some of the inconsiderate people on here will come to realize that you know more about these things than they do.

On the topic of this thread, I would agree with the OP. I too think that the term "Fanboy" is a meaningless insult to supporters of a specific console. There is no shame in supporting your console of choice. I myself am a Nintendo fan, maybe even a "fanboy", but that doesn't mean that I wont look at the other consoles with an unbiased eye. It's good to open yourself to other forum-goers thoughts and opinions, whether you agree with them or not.

I guess this is all pointless discussion, since nobody is really going to change. The most we can hope for is that people will start reading entire posts, even if they are a few paragraphs long. I'm sure the people this thread is really about, wont even read through this post. Good luck to those people when they start to get jobs, or even proceed to high school. If you can't read a forum post, you're going to have a tough time graduating.

Cheers
Flip

Flip said:
...For a while, I had thought Shift was the cause of a lot of these arguments, but after seeing this thread, and quite a few others, I can tell that Shift is simply the target of every person who hates the PS3.
Thank God, someone who agrees with me...
Flip said:
If I'm being honest, I would have to say that Shift is the only person in here who has any real idea what he is talking about on these forums, and he has been the receiver of a lot of nasty comments and immature talk.
I'm not so sure about the bolded part ;) *points to myself and does puppy lip*, but I definitely agree with the part about Shift getting disrespect he doesn't deserve. He gets attacked by some fanboys just because he's stating the truth, sometimes dissing the Wii, causing them to get pissed; BAM, flame war starts (usually ending up with Shift taking out about 5-8 flamers at a time).
Flip said:
So let me just say, to you Shift, keep doing what you're doing. Maybe eventually you will get the respect you so rightly deserve. And maybe some of the inconsiderate people on here will come to realize that you know more about these things than they do.
I doubt he'll ever get respect (unfortunately), but I agree he needs to keep doing what he's doing. I think a lot of people already know he knows more than they do, and it just infuriates them because of that reason.
Flip said:
On the topic of this thread, I would agree with the OP. I too think that the term "Fanboy" is a meaningless insult to supporters of a specific console. There is no shame in supporting your console of choice. I myself am a Nintendo fan, maybe even a "fanboy", but that doesn't mean that I wont look at the other consoles with an unbiased eye.
I don't think the term is useless, but it certainly is over-used. I've never been called a fanboy because i'm unbiased (well, once, but it was a misunderstanding), but I know those who express their love for Nintendo just a hint more, and they get labeled. I say that i'm a Nintendo fanboy, to a degree. Nintendo: 70% Microsoft: 25% Sony 5%. You see, Sony is only 5%, but if someone is saying something False about the PS3 just to make it sound like crap, i'll defend it. That's what Shift does as well, among few others.
Flip said:
....Good luck to those people when they start to get jobs, or even proceed to high school. If you can't read a forum post, you're going to have a tough time graduating.

Cheers
Flip
Don't I know it, i'm 14 years old and I read page long posts, the stuff Corey rights, have decent grammar and writing skills, etc. and some people on here that are much older will be like, "it was too long can some1 just giv me a sum up of the conversaton thx :)". My response, "Ok, here's how to sum it up....read the damn post!" Sometimes people will actually state how they didn't read the whole post, but they go ahead and try to debate anyway (causing them to get flamed, laughed at, etc.). Unfortunately, this is the majority of the posters here...

Btw, I HATE reading (I only read things that interest me; a.k.a. most of the debates on here). :)

I disagree, Flip. I see people feed raw facts to Shift and he disagrees with them without backing any facts of his own. He often outright insults every other person he qoutes. To top it off I've seen his posts make up 5/13 of the pages in some threads. The reason people attack Shift is because he comes out and calls us stupid, fanboys, kids, or worse. There's a very specific reason people dislike Shift.

sagema said:
I disagree, Flip. I see people feed raw facts to Shift and he disagrees with them without backing any facts of his own. He often outright insults every other person he qoutes. To top it off I've seen his posts make up 5/13 of the pages in some threads. The reason people attack Shift is because he comes out and calls us stupid, fanboys, kids, or worse. There's a very specific reason people dislike Shift.
Okay, find a post of him calling someone a stupid fanboy (or worse *chuckles*), just try. :)

I guess it's just different tastes in personalities. I like his.

Its just the fact he seems so smug and sly that gets me sometimes...

that and he seems to follow MasterJedi2U and argue with every one of his posts..could just be me noticing that mind.

Jay61 said:
Its just the fact he seems so smug and sly that gets me sometimes...

that and he seems to follow MasterJedi2U and argue with every one of his posts..could just be me noticing that mind.
Actually, I think it's both ways. Whenever Shift sees a MasterJedi2U post, he probably says, "I gotta see this..." and vice versa.

A never ending feud. :/

Back