Wii console package

Jester

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2006
Just read on another forum the Wii package will cost $249 and will contain:

Virtual Consoler
3d Controller
ALWAYS online (console is always online, even when OFF)
Built in speaker on the controller

Obviously this needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, especially with all the E3 rumours circulating.

I dont understand the 'always online' feature? :confused:

Like the idea of a built-in controller speaker.. would make for nice weapon reloading sound effects :cool:

I Will be buying the Nintendo Wii its got me really excited and i hope its priced at $199.99 that wouldbe a killer price for Nintendo's Wii because i am not going over $250.00 for a new console the PS3 is priced way over my budget::tard: :D ;)

kOrNfReAk2k4 said:
I Will be buying the Nintendo Wii its got me really excited and i hope its priced at $199.99 that wouldbe a killer price for Nintendo's Wii because i am not going over $250.00 for a new console the PS3 is priced way over my budget::tard: :D ;)

Basically if the Nintendo Wii is $200, That means the 60 GB PS3 will be tripple the price and that is so crazy!

not that we can actually do anything about it, but i think it would be great if it was bundled with a couple good games for the emulator, its been too long since a system actually came with something playable out of the box

also i think either price would be fine(though hoping for the $200), especially since both are less than the PS2's debut price

this is the only definite purchase for me so far..

well i always end up with all systems so this is just a definite first purchase :lol:

That is not a bad price at all when you think about what the 360 is going for and what the PS3 is going to go for.

I would definitely get the Wii, not only 'cause of the price but the amazing features it has over the PS3 or Xbox 360... I mean, Nintendo pretty much owned them by a longshot.

im_a_super_smash_bro said:
what is the difference between the 3d controller and the virtual controller?:confused:

Virtual Controller? I think you mean Virtual Console, the Wii's retro game download service. Although there is a controller for the old games (and Gamecube games), but I don't know what it's called yet.

Last edited:
im_a_super_smash_bro said:
is the 3D one the wireless one?

The Wii Remote? The only wireless one I can think of is the Wiimote. The other is the classic controller for the Virtual console

Last edited:
Jester said:
Just read on another forum the Wii package will cost $249 and will contain:

Virtual Consoler
3d Controller
ALWAYS online (console is always online, even when OFF)
Built in speaker on the controller

Obviously this needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, especially with all the E3 rumours circulating.
are'nt they going to have the numchukia controller included too?!:confused: :mad:

Back