Wii freezing and loud Beeping noise

Gaffer

WiiChat Member
Apr 10, 2010
hello i was on Call of duty world at war and my Wii freezed and made loud beeping noise , i had to unplug it to get it working again... same thing happened to me when i was on the "Nintendo Channel" ..... anyway to make the Wii not freeze?:papermario:

That's definitely not normal.

Is the noise coming from the Wii itself or through the TV speakers?

You may need to contact Nintendo support.

It was probably a hacker (via homebrew). Your wii is not harmed btw (as far as I know).
You can't really prevent it if someone else was doing it, that's what sucks.
You could also press and hold the console's power button to turn it off instead of unplugging it.

It was probably a hacker (via homebrew). Your wii is not harmed btw (as far as I know).
You can't really prevent it if someone else was doing it, that's what sucks.
You could also press and hold the console's power button to turn it off instead of unplugging it.

Uh no...
Especially since one occasion was when he was on the Nintendo Channel...

Hey I have had the same problem and it has happened a couple times. I have just unplugged it and replugged it to get it working and haven't really had any problems since.

It does vary though.

It happens to me too, just yesterday.
Some things that may have been my problem:
- Amount of internal memory (I have less that 60 blocks)
- amount of people on server (I have 4 people, all wireless)
- what you were doing (I was watching a 5 min video; long buffer time)
- wii hardare/firmware itself (running on 3.4)
- any other 2.4/3.3 wireless frequencies (friend's w/l gc controller)

Though I find it hard for any of those to be a problem since it has usually been that way
I heard some reports the update made some wii's glitchy, I'm unsure though since I haven't updated to 4.2

It does vary though.

It happens to me too, just yesterday.
Some things that may have been my problem:
- Amount of internal memory (I have less that 60 blocks)
- amount of people on server (I have 4 people, all wireless)
- what you were doing (I was watching a 5 min video; long buffer time)
- wii hardare/firmware itself (running on 3.4)
- any other 2.4/3.3 wireless frequencies (friend's w/l gc controller)

Though I find it hard for any of those to be a problem since it has usually been that way
I heard some reports the update made some wii's glitchy, I'm unsure though since I haven't updated to 4.2

Oh, i have 3 computers running on wireless (not including wii) i see that must be it....

Oh, i have 3 computers running on wireless (not including wii) i see that must be it....

No, the Wii doesn't know about or care about what else may be using wi-fi around you or on the same network.

Back