Wii-kly update 9-3-07

Jan 31, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
WII-KLY UPDATE: FOUR NEW CLASSIC GAMES ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Sept. 3, 2007

Everyone believes education is important, even apes. To celebrate the back-to-school season, Donkey Kong Jr.™ Math is now available on the Wii Shop Channel. It'll help you get those math skills back in shape after their summer slumber. After that, there's still plenty of adventure, treasure seeking and a never-ending supply of bad guys to fight. Good thing it's a holiday today, huh? Enjoy.

Four new classic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the Wii Shop Channel every Monday. Wii™ owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Adventure Island (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 500 Wii Points): A mysterious tropical paradise known as Adventure Island is the setting for this side-scrolling action game. The evil Witch Doctor has kidnapped Tina, the true love of Master Higgins. To save her, you must safely guide Master Higgins through eight perilous stages - including dense forests and creepy caves - while defeating all of the enemies in your path. Each area is made up of four rounds filled with enemies determined to stop you in your tracks. In addition, as time passes, Master Higgins's vitality is automatically drained. To keep going, he must eat constantly by grabbing fruit, milk and whatever other goodies he can as he races toward his goal. Sometimes eggs containing miraculous items like axes to throw at enemies or honey that grants temporary invincibility will appear. Use items skillfully to help you clear the areas. At the end of each area you'll face the Witch Doctor, who you must defeat to advance. Go, Master Higgins, go!

Donkey Kong Jr. Math (NES, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Learning can be fun, especially when you play along with Donkey Kong Jr. Practice addition, subtraction, multiplication and division by directing Junior, a cute little monkey who must climb up and down vines to collect numbers and math symbols to solve the math problems his father gives him. Compete with a friend in a race to solve problems in Game A or add more challenge with Game B. Of course, you can also practice on your own. This game is perfect for younger players who are looking for a fun and easy way to develop their math skills.

Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole™ (Sega Genesis, 1 player, rated E for Everyone - Mild Fantasy Violence, 800 Wii Points): After hearing of the legendary treasure of King Nole, the elvish treasure hunter Nigel undertakes a quest to gather various pieces of the famed loot. His journey takes him through Mercator Island's villages, caves and dungeons that hold King Nole's riches. Along the way, he'll have to help the inhabitants of the island while fighting against the treachery of Duke Mercator, who is searching for the treasure as well. A variety of obstacles and foes will try to deter Nigel, who must use all his wits and skills to defeat Duke Mercator and uncover the secret of King Nole's treasure.

Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone - Comic Mischief, 600 Wii Points): The hard-headed hero is back for more side-scrolling action in the third installment of the popular Bonk series. It's up to Bonk once again to thwart the plans of the relentless evil King Drool. There are seven rounds scattered throughout the Dinosaur Kingdom, each one filled with fun contraptions and comical enemies. Grab a Flower Copter or exchange 16 Smileys at the end of each round to play up to eight different bonus stages. Or you can change the size of Bonk by grabbing the new red or blue candy items. Depending on the situation, you can change your size to bonk your way through a dead end or to get a hard-to-reach item. And if that's not enough, you can grab a friend and put your heads together to defeat King Drool in the new two-player mode.

pretty good release week. I was expecting Bonk 3 ,but Adventure Island on NES i might have to get. A lot of childhood memories. New Adventure Island is great ,but i got some attachment to the original. I'm gonna have to wait ,and try to complete Bonk 2 before moving on to 3 (although the 2player mode sounds fun) ,and Landstalker sounds a little intimating with how difficult the jumps are ,and the tough enemies they throw at you almost instantly (going by a review i read)

im not really intrestesd in any of those games, thatnks for the info tho

my wii says nothing and i am in The us\canada\Mexico . thats all i am saying. is this for The others side?

its because you should check....................NOW!

The others? Like from Lost? They are on some island in an underground bunker with a better, and different selection of VC games.....they have double dragon 2 and Goldeneye.

Last edited:
Odd that they would be releasing 4 games, well, the more the better, right?

Don't know why, but I feel tempted to DL DK math, Bonk 3 also seems interesting, but yet the release is not making me leap to my wallet to grab my card, maybe next time

We got 4 games. Woohoo! If we get 5 games then we are set. I don't want to wait 7 years to play Secret of Mana, or DejaVU because they simply aren't releasing enough games per week. Keep it up Nintendo.

At least their getting the lame games out of the way, pretty soon they'll be
forced to release some good games.

whats so lame about adventure island ,and bonk 3...i grabbed adventure island reliving some childhood memories :)

i want super mario bros 3! so much i went and bought a snes to play it on

Back