Wii Troubleshooting

A New Fan of Wii

Please keep post any Wii problems you may be experiencing in this thread, whether it be hardware issues or software configurations.

Hi Friends
I heard a lot about Wii and so i had got it through one of my relatives working in US.
When i tried to connect it in India where i live, i forgot that it will work on 110V while in India the standard is 220V and so without any converter i connected it in power supply and it gone bonk. There is a burning smell coming from it but i couldnt be able to distinguish that it's the AC adapter that has gone off or the Wii console.
Now i tried it with a converter, in start a red light comes on the power button but soon enough it goes out and then theres nothing on the console. So everytime when i switch on the power button ( when it is connected with a converter) the red light on power comes on and then within seconds it goes off.
Please help me in solving this problem.
I dont know whether i should buy a new AC adapter from US or i can also buy it from India, should i buy a converter also from nintendo since their website says not attaching any 3rd part accessories with their game console or should i send the Wii console for service.
If any of the people faced this problem in the past, please help me out in it.

Regards
Amit

red led only

hi guys

my wii will not power up for the life of it it is only staying on an red led light and before anyone says take the leads out and then plug em back in IVE TRIED THAT OVER 5X AND STILL NO POWER :frown5: but in the past i have managed to get it on to green and it has been working for that time until i pressed the power button to turn it of any way now when i hold the power button in i can hear a clicking sound like it is tring to boot it self up but i keep thinking that it is the power lead itself because im sure it has been damage through all the times it has fallen of banged into other power packs and consels i hope it is just that and nothing to serious about it and also NO THERE WAS NOT ANY TYPES OF POWER CUTS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN MY AREA thats why i think its the lead please can you help me out with this problem (im having Monster Hunter widrawel symptems cause i cant go back on it)
:lovewii:

Wii problems with plasma tv

So I finally decided to hook my Wii system up to my plasma tv. The only thing is, I can't get the Wii in color. It's in black and white and the screen is kind of fuzzy. I've read about this on other forums and everyone says to try the outputs on the side of the tv but my tv does not have that option :( I'm kind of dumb when it comes to electronics too. I've tried everything. I even went to my tv to try to change from S-video to av and I couldn't find where to do it. I've been working on this for almost three hours and am about to pull my hair out! Can someone please help? BTW, my tv is a Samsung 50" Plasma 480ix720p. Any suggestions? I'm also using the cables that came with the Wii console.

Is your Wii running at 60hz?
(Settings menu>Video)

Resetting game scores

Hello everyone

I would appreciate help in resetting my wii resort golf game scores back to zero. Any help gratefully received.

Yvonne

a new disk says not readable

I got my son a a new disk that comes up not readable. Yet another disk from his collection came up the same but he is now playing another game on it. Why won't the new game or the older game load? Thanks in advance.

Kelley

Hello all, I have scrolled through this section but must admit I may have missed something within the 45 pages so am going to throw it out, see if someone can help.

I just got a bigger full HD TV, from a 32" full HD TV, a 42" job. On the 32" text ingame seemed ok, not brilliant but ok. Since setting up the 42" TV the text is wayyyyyy blurry and pretty much impossible to read. Tried it on the pre-set "Game" mode but it didn't help. I'm not particularly techy so if anyone has suggestions I would be forever grateful and happily put you on the xmas card list.

I'm guessing if the text looks naff the rest of the graphics probably aren't as good as they could be.

Thanks in advance guys.

Erm....right....well that would be erm whatever it was that came with the console :redface: Same connection thingy that we used to the 32", I'm sorry I'm just so un-techy that typing 80085 on a calculator still impresses me.

Pretty sure it's not a scart...if that helps...ah ha, my other half just texted me and says it is the connector that comes with the console and splits in to red, yellow and white end thingies that go in to the TV :biggrin5:

*trudges off to the corner in pure non-techyness shame**

Ok so after mention of the component cable I did some more scouting on the net and zipped out in lunch hour to grab a component cable, they didn't have a Nintendo one so a got the only one they had, some cheapo thing.

Will try tonight and see how it goes.

A component cable should give you better quality. Don't pay more than about £5 for one.

The trouble you are seeing is that the larger screen is still only giving the same resolution of picture at the moment, so it is like you are just standing closer to the old TV.

When you connect the Component cable, you will need to change some settings - your Wii instruction manual will give details on this.

Hope that helps !

Back