Wii Troubleshooting

New to the forum, hoping for some advice. We've had our Wii for about 2 years. Recently it has started having a few issues. Sometimes it'll go to black screen for a second or 2 in the middle of play. It goes right back to the game and you can continue play, but it's still a nuisance. Now today it has started a slow scrolling of the screen. Has anyone had this problem that can offer advice? We unplugged it and cleaned it and reset it. What's our next step? We have several new games coming from Santa this year and want to be able to play them. Thanks!

Contact Nintendo. They'l fix it for free.

my problem is its not reading any game i put the game in the console and where the disc icon is it dont change so i can select the game

on my wii when you normally turn the wii off it goes amber instead of red and when you switch it off and on at the mains then it will go red.

please can I have an solution for that.

How do i make a madcatz wireless remote syn with my will its item #5686 I WAS TOLD NUBERS ON REMOTE AND THE CONTROLLER MUST MATCH BUT THERE ARE NO NUMBERS

Last edited:
help!?

Hi just wondering if any of u can help me??

Went to put the wii on this morn and the red light is on the power button, went to switch it on and the blue light came on then the whole thing just switches off!!!

Ive tried unplugging it but it just does the same thing even if u switch it on with the remote or press eject, starts up with the lights then switches off!

It is just out of warranty... anyone no if its a common fault?

thanks x

Hey.I need help with the Wii. It's about my Gamecube video game. I put in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness in my Wii, and when the title screen poped up, I pressed start. Right when I pressed start, a message popped up and said "An error has occured. Turn off the system and refer to the nintendo gamecube instruction booklet for any problems." I turned my Wii off and took the disc out. I check and it only had about 2 tiny scratches. Please help me, because it worked fine the other day and now it won't work at all.Thanks___________________________

Attachments

• user78828_pic3379_1294157232[1].jpg
    user78828_pic3379_1294157232[1].jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 315
fc prob

i put in a friend code and they say they have added me as well but still have nobody on my roster what am i doing wrong?

Can anybody help me. I have rugby league 3 for the wii console & when I brought this game, I was told you needed the wii classic controllers for this game. I wen't to plug in the classic controllers into the wii remotes & loaded up the game, but when we wen't to play it the classic controllers don't work. Can anyone tell me if the classic controllers work with this game & if so how do I activate them to get them working?

Questions before updating to 4.3 with wiikey 2

I have some questions prior to updating to 4.3. I have a USA wii with wiikey 2 installed. I have read in some places about problems with wiikey 2 and automated updates from nintendo but I need to know some things before I update...

1) Should I be installing priiloader as a safety net first or is that just an additional risk?
2) Is it safer to update from the wifi link so as to make sure the region is correct?
3) ..AND THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION...Is there any way that updating would brick my wii?

Thanks for any responses out there folks.

Can anybody help me. I have rugby league 3 for the wii console & when I brought this game, I was told you needed the wii classic controllers for this game. I wen't to plug in the classic controllers into the wii remotes & loaded up the game, but when we wen't to play it the classic controllers don't work. Can anyone tell me if the classic controllers work with this game & if so how do I activate them to get them working?
Hi there Bozi,

While I don't know the game you are talking about, I found the following review on Gamespot, that talks about using the Nunchuck, but that the Classic controller is not supported.

Hope this helps ...

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/sports/rugbyleague3/index.html

Plugging in a nunchuk shifts player movement to the analog stick and uses the same wrist flicks to trigger dummy and real passes....

The third and most responsive control option is playing on a GameCube controller. The triggers negate the need for motion gestures and give you the control to throw short or cut-out passes with ease by using half or full button presses. Wii Classic Controller play would have been an ideal replacement for remote and nunchuk operation but is unfortunately unsupported.

you can look up codes on nintendo's "wii" website. most likely you have to change your connection settings.

Back