Wii U sucess in danger: Sony bought Gaikai!!

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi everyone, if you remember I posted a thread long time ago called the Nintendo nextgen console. In that thread (before the Wii U reveal) I said that in the future all the gaming industry will turn to digital and finally cloud gaming. Now it's happening, as a hardcore gamer I was hoping that Nintendo could buy Gaikai as a smart step to beat the competition before they take this step. Not only to improve the Nintendo's online network, but to offer a far better service than Sony and Microsoft. I remember when Iwata Sam said that the next Nintendo consoles will be use the 3G or 4G network, that means a very hight bandwidth for streaming games, movies, and every kind of online content. And this is the point: to use cloud streaming in games is a must an exclusively 4G network only for consoles to play games fluidity without lacks. This is a good point because the expensive cost of nextgen consoles, if the ps4 and xbox720 want to surpass the horsepower of a high-end computer or workstation it almost cost more than $400 or $500 each. To expensive for the relative consumer, but if they make consoles based in high streaming instead of horsepower they can reduce the cost to an affordable price. Imagine that the ps4 is a little console that appears without enough horsepower, but it could run games with a graphics level of a hollywood movie workstation almost 100 times better than the Wii U with a price bellow the $200 mark. Did you get excited? Don't you?
Well, I hope Nintendo could implement by itself a streaming service like Gaikai, but it will take them many years to accomplish that. So, by the time Sony has the advantage. Also, a lacking information from Microsoft reveals that they want to buy Onlive to catch the competency too.
What do you think about?

Most likely a smart move by Sony indeed, but I entirely doubt that the WiiU's success is in danger. :lol: If Sony wants to implement Gaikai into their next console properly, I'd imagine that changes to development 'n such would keep the system off the market for even longer, givin' the WiiU further extended time to pick up impatient consumers.

The next generation after that however, I can't say the same... If both Sony and Microsod can figure out said methods of cloud gaming in their consoles and Ninty doesn't jump on board properly, the lower price perk that casual families 'n such look for might not be as low in comparison anymore. That situation would almost definitely hurt sales.

Either way, I don't particularly care nor am I excited. Notably lower prices are always nice, but I'm a gamer. I'll keep on buyin' games 'till they become a toy for the rich and the rich alone.

>Cloud gaming.

Bollocks to that. Id rather have a Wii U than anything where the games are not really owned by you

Most likely a smart move by Sony indeed, but I entirely doubt that the WiiU's success is in danger. :lol: If Sony wants to implement Gaikai into their next console properly, I'd imagine that changes to development 'n such would keep the system off the market for even longer, givin' the WiiU further extended time to pick up impatient consumers.

The next generation after that however, I can't say the same... If both Sony and Microsod can figure out said methods of cloud gaming in their consoles and Ninty doesn't jump on board properly, the lower price perk that casual families 'n such look for might not be as low in comparison anymore. That situation would almost definitely hurt sales.

Either way, I don't particularly care nor am I excited. Notably lower prices are always nice, but I'm a gamer. I'll keep on buyin' games 'till they become a toy for the rich and the rich alone.

Ok, but here is my question. Iwata in another interview said that Wii U won't show the same difference in graphics as the Wii with the ps3/xbox360 in the last generation. The gap between Wii U and the xbox720/ps4 could be very little in graphic terms like an ultra high video settings and low video settings. But if they use a ultra high graphic workstation to stream games directly to your console, the difference will be notorious. Because, the Wii U has very good graphics is not enough to reach the level of a hollywood workstation or be compared.
So, What should Nintendo do with competency like these nextgen consoles?

Last edited:
Ok, but here is my question. Iwata in another interview said that Wii U won't show the same difference in graphics as the Wii with the ps3/xbox360 in the last generation. The gap between Wii U and the xbox720/ps4 could be very little in graphic terms like an ultra high video settings and low video settings. But if they use a ultra high graphic workstation to stream games directly to your console, the difference will be notorious. Because, the Wii U has very good graphics is not enough to reach the level of a hollywood workstation or be compared.

Not mockin' ya or nothin', but... There isn't a question in that post, bro. :lol:

'Course, I've still a retort. I don't recall graphical capabilities being the most notable cause of making or breaking a console in a console war. Particularly not in the modern age whereas graphics have come so amazingly far. Obviously Ninty isn't going to win the vote of the graphic nuts out there, but I don't think they ever did in the first place IMO.

Last edited:
In other words, PC's are and will remain the top choice for anyone that cares for graphics. We've known that for a while.

From what if heard is, that the PS4 or so called orbis and the new Xbox is probably gonna be launched in 2014. Which leaves Nintendo with a wide catch up spaces in sold game-consoles, which gives Nintendo time to improve herself, himself uuhh... itself, argh you get the point.

They'd capitalize on sales with their first party titles. If they could be more open to third party games they could really get things done. It would certainly nullify the technical weaknesses it may have.

What I don't like about Nintendo is that they make everything with cheap garbage. Of course it's affordable, but I've had to send in my wii 3 times because of laser issues, disk drive failures, and then some overheating issues. The wii was a success in the fact that they could throw them out there and make them affordable while the ps3 and xbox's took so much longer to produce because of 1. They weren't made of cheap garbage, they were made up of actual hi-tech devices which took longer to make 2. The ps3 and xbox's were extremely expensive making the wii look like a steal. In that, they won the race to make a successful system

Last edited:
Yeah... I was at Playstation Forums when someone posted that he spent his money on his new fourth Playstation 3 because of the overheating issues. At the time of the posts, the Playstation 3 Slim didn't exist so he paid $500 four times! HE SPENT $2,000 ON THE SAME SYSTEM! WHY!? If I did that is would cost me $2159.96 tax included!

However; I just going to avoid the consoles while I enjoy the New Playstation Vita and the Nintendo 3DS, I prefer portables anyway. Just love the advancement in technology that they can go as far as to make the similar technology portable.

Cloud might be good. Like subscription based. 15 a month and access to unlimited games. Beats paying 15 dollars for a crap game you can't return. And cds scratch so easily anyway.

Back