Wii U vs PS4 impressions

ok then assassin question for you. what really does the ps4 so far offer to consumers then what the ps3 doesnt offer? oh please dont say the the controller cause we all know where that idea came from.

Certainly. As was said about the WiiU, what does it offer that the Wii doesn't have, besides the controller?

hmm well the wii u does offer a higher graphics card and better processors hence thats why we can now game in full 1080 p hd plus i can fully game on the wii controller so obiously not only does the consel itself have a high end graphics chip the controller does as well it might not be fully 1080 p but fairly close. so basically i got a full gaming consel and a handheld for roughly a little over 300 dollars thats a pretty good deal :). Also the game pad feels like a tablet as well which is pretty cool.

plus backwards compadabilty to all wii games

Last edited by a moderator:
so basically i got a full gaming consel and a handheld

The Gamepad is anythin' but a handheld. Ya can certainly play console games on it, but that's a niche detail rather than a defining feature. Ya can't play a Wii U game usin' the Gamepad on the go since it needs the Wii U nearby t' do all the game processing 'n such. It's not like a 3DS in that it can't play games the Wii U doesn't.

Point bein', the Gamepad is a controller and nothin' more. It's gimmicks don't at all substitute for an actual handheld.

dude the truth is. If the gameing industry continues to go down the path of just graphics alone without showing individuality and being truely inventive makeing next gen systems the gameing industry will die out. i honestly dont see alot of difference graphically between the ps3 to the ps4. Also the price ((lol srry for not giving a link)) but i read in a ign article that the estimated price for a ps4 would be ranging from 450 dollars - 550 dollars, smh when will sony learn.

Only if you look at the main rubbish thats farted out every year.

Look elsewhere and you see greatness

i dont view the game pad as a gimmick. not at all, a gimick is something that you think is happening but at the same time its not. example: its true in some wii games you could waggle the controller to do certain moves but in alot of the other great games percise movments were required. its also very true and nintendo stated this in the e3 convention to where you can play your wii u game on or off the tv on the gamepad that was not a gimmick but an actual fact. now whether you view it as a gimick or not thats your own personal opinion.

maybe it was overstated when i said that the gamepad might have a processor in it. it probably just a reciever from the wii u. still a interesting system nevertheless. :)

just throwing this out there lol i have played my gamepad on the can. just sayin haha

Last edited by a moderator:
gim·mick
n.
a. An innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project: an advertising gimmick.

The Gamepad's feature of bein' able to play on said controller's screen alone is indeed a (nigh-useless) gimmick. It doesn't add anythin' to gameplay nor is it even handy 'less you're a youngin' who's forced to share the TV with their family.

alsonodoublepostinglol

srry about that lol and i understand where your coming from about the uselessness of the gamepad. but if thats the case why did sony do the same thing with the ps4. you might as well call the ps4 gimmicky as well. see what im saying. WHY Does sony and microsoft keep taking idea's from nintendo? again there is not alot of orginality left in the world or, do we just live in a lazy society?

I never called the Gamepad a gimmick, I was referrin' to that specific feature. >_>

The Gamepad ain't original considerin' it's just a DS' bottom screen upscaled. :lol: Not like there's such a thing as an original console anyways... 'cept maybe ye olde brown box and the Dreamcast. Oh, poor Sega...

I disagree. In fact, they probably look down on Nintendo's ideas, not steal them.

Your argument is even better with Kinect!

what!! you guys are crazy lol sony and microsoft saw how much money nintendo was making as a company and said hey why arent we making money like that lets invest into making our own hand,touch,movent tech and get it out on the market cause clearly it wasnt make nintendo big profits, oh wait dont quote me. Oh yeah thats right it WAS making nintendo big profits. srry im just stateing known facts

Your argument is even better with Kinect!
Playstation Move, Kinect?
Fine, you guys win. This time.

what!! you guys are crazy lol sony and microsoft saw how much money nintendo was making as a company and said hey why arent we making money like that lets invest into making our own hand,touch,movent tech and get it out on the market cause clearly it wasnt make nintendo big profits, oh wait dont quote me. Oh yeah thats right it WAS making nintendo big profits. srry im just stateing known facts
Sony and Microsoft may be taking Nintendo's ideas, but they are making more profit off of it. Which saddens me.

Back