WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

If anything, I think that would increase her chances.

Squidface is correct, Palutena actually appears in-game as a Final Smash AND during Pit's introduction in SSE. She's acknowledged in Smash in multiple ways. No other Brawl newcomer receives such references to their series 'sides Snake and his codecs (which don't actually appear in SSE and are simply [awesometacular] easter egg). Thinkin' on it now, I'd say Palutena's chances are much higher than what I thought before.

Protagonists should often appear more than antagonists. It only makes sense.

The only sense it makes is that Smash's roster reflects that pattern, nothin' more. Givin' the finger to villains is a load'a bollocks. What makes most vidya gaem stories of heroes 'n villains interesting, silent protagonists like Link or seemingly immortal nasties like Ganondorf whose personality and enduring fortitude for their evil cause seems unending? Is Batman far better of a character than the Joker?

There's a reason why (stupid) people argue Kefka is better than Sephiroth and vice verse instead'a Lightning is better than Cloud 'n such: in many works, it's all 'bout the villains. Some less complex stories almost entirely rely on interestin' villains to keep ya interested. While the Smash roster has always had a skewed hero-villain ratio, I don't agree with it in any way. Many Ninty villains are just as iconic, if not moreso, than their series' hero counterpart.

The only sense it makes is that Smash's roster reflects that pattern, nothin' more. Givin' the finger to villains is a load'a bollocks. What makes most vidya gaem stories of heroes 'n villains interesting, silent protagonists like Link or seemingly immortal nasties like Ganondorf whose personality and enduring fortitude for their evil cause seems unending? Is Batman far better of a character than the Joker?

There's a reason why (stupid) people argue Kefka is better than Sephiroth and vice verse instead'a Lightning is better than Cloud 'n such: in many works, it's all 'bout the villains. Some less complex stories almost entirely rely on interestin' villains to keep ya interested. While the Smash roster has always had a skewed hero-villain ratio, I don't agree with it in any way. Many Ninty villains are just as iconic, if not moreso, than their series' hero counterpart.
I was referring to Uprising, not Smash.

Protagonists are protagonists. They (should) appear the most if there are any.

Is Batman far better of a character than the Joker?
Is that rhetorical or do you want me to answer it?

While the Smash roster has always had a skewed hero-villain ratio, I don't agree with it in any way. Many Ninty villains are just as iconic, if not moreso, than their series' hero counterpart.
Villains don't last as long as heroes, but when they do, they're immortal (or they become good or half good). The ones who last are the ones who become iconic.

rhetorical lawl go ahead anyways if ya want

That's only 'cause happy endings are the mainstay in media overall when you've got clear cut heroes and villains derpin' it out. And even then, legends never die. Includin' if that legend was a horrific story of some megalomaniac's life. Hitler is long-since dead, yet nutjobs 'round the world still swear fealty t' that madman's legacy and fascist agenda.

Back