WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

Ice Climbers was chosen over Excitebiker and Balloon Fighter.
His competition was incompetent.

Elaborating on what 'Karp said.
The ICs were chosen as 8-bit age ambassadors.
G&W was chosen to represent the Game&Watch age.

ICs were included with G&W as a representative of the ol' retro days. Why the Climbers were chosen over anyone else, I dunno... but they were. Krystal doesn't have anythin' like that goin' for her chances of bein' included.

That's not what I'm refrencing, I'm refrencing their extreme age and lack of recent appearances. Again, it's only been seven years for Krystal. Frankly, she has more going for her than the IC's ever did. If it wasn't for the fact that they were included, no one would request / expect them today.

You all think too hard on "relevency" via recent games. Popularity in itself is a form of relevancy. Anything being actively brought up makes it relevant. SF isn't controlled like the Pokemon franchise, and Fire Emblem is. The only characters ever to be included BECAUSE of "a recent game" was Roy. You put too much emphasis on recent game appearances. Retros should show you guys that doesn't matter. IF it did, Falcon, and Lucario wouldn't return.

But, I'll move on. Ridley will be added, and we're now on the Mother and F-Zero franchise

Last edited:
Ice Climbers age is why he got in.

I haven't played much Earthbound
Has there been any recent games out yet?

Ice Climbers age is why he got in.

Nope.

I'm not seeing any new Earthbound/Mother reps, there's only three games in the series, and two of them have reps.

F-zero...isn't that dead or something? I mean, I guess there's a few characters that might have a chance, but I'm not seeing such a dead series getting more then one rep.

Certainly not, the series is retro. However, Earthbound (Mother 2) is gonna see a re-release on the VC, so that may or may not be a sign... though probably not. Earthbound as a series might deserve three reps, but I doubt it'l get said rep either due to lack of modern relevance or it's lack of popularity.

And on that note, F-Zero is dead in the water like Star Fox 'til it gets a new game t' revive the series, so I don't think Falcon will get a friend or foe from the race tracks t' spar with.

Ness
Lucas

Craptain Failcon

....what? He has a name?

I knew that
only because I read Brawl in the Family

I knew that 'cause I'm a real man. Bloody posers, Wiichat has no place for anyone who ain't a true fan of the Falconator.

Snakes name is David

but they only did that because of a reference.
And possibly to reference the English Voice actor

Metal Gear Wiki said:
At the end of the game, if Snake and Otacon ride off on the snowmobile together, Snake will tell Otacon that his real name is David, to which Otacon replies, "I'm Hal, Dave." Snake then comments that Hal and Dave make a great pair and laughs, referencing the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. He then makes the suggestion that they should take a trip to Jupiter.

Mother and F-Zero is the topic. Sorry, I've been really busy with work and being drunk when I'm not at work. But, let's get discussing.

Well then, let's move on because I know none of you voted for Goroh, and definitely no one voted for Masked Man.

Kid Icarus and Small Franchise characters are next.

Small franchises like: Retros, Pikmin, Punch Out, Legendary Starfy, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, ect. You get the idea.

And no, raging parties always > Wiichat. Always.

Back