WiiChat's Smash4 Group Roster!

For you, Wiiassassin

Krystal has my vote. I'll just leave this here. My reasoning for predicting Krystal:

I've always considered Krystal a legitimate choice. She's not K Rool, but she is Popular, she could be a last minute clone, or completely unique, and she's both prominent and important enough. Plus Sakurai does like the series, and although I'm grasping at straws right meow, we did get THIS in Brawl:

Peppy: That gives me itching for some action. I want in!

Slippy: No way! Old-timers like you ride the bench. This fight's mine!

Krystal: What are you two thinking? I'm the only one who can come through in a fight like this!!

A member of the Star Fox team welcomed in Star Fox Adventures after the team met her on planet Sauria when responding to a distress signal. Krystal is capable of telepathy and is a valuable member in combat. After becoming romantically involved with Fox, their relationship gets very rocky in Star Fox Command.
SO, at the very least, we know Sakurai sees her fighting prowess. Combine all of this together, and we have a legitimate contender. It's really just a matter of IF she'll be chosen this time.

/Krystal presentation

Also best paired with Sakurai's character criteria (From him)
- The character's inclusion must make people want to buy the game.
- The character must be unique
- The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.
- They must contribute to the game balance.

And originating in a video game and being on a Nintendo system

And, let's not forget Retro's new title is heavily been hinted to be SF.

Also, she's constatly in the top 12 choices on my polls (Since 2010). She's usually within the top seven, but recently has lowered to moving between top 8 - 12. Still, she's one of the most requested newcomers period.

Last edited:
The first part can realistically be interpreted as part of the characters personality. Heck, we can even argue Slippy has a great chance of getting in based on it.

For the second part: Really, all I got out of it is furry fuel. Combat oriented describes most of the Starfox Crew, and is not exclusive. Telepathy ain't exactly a factor considered in fighters.
SO, at the very least, we know Sakurai sees her fighting prowess.

Nowhere did you mention anything Sakurai said.

It's just popularity and whether it's enough.

Sakurai is the one who writes the trophy descriptions, silly. So, he knows she can fight. Which is one of his rules. And I hope you're not going to be blinded by furry. It's such a tired argument against Krystal.

If Sakurai saw hate base / unworthy fanbases in any characters, we wouldn't have had the likes of Lyn, Krystal, Waluigi, and Tingle all appear in Brawl.

So, she can fight, Sakurai knows this. She was extremely popular back when he polled the Smash community Pre-Brawl, so Sakurai knows her popularity as well. She no longer has any competition from her series like she did Pre-Brawl. (The Krystal v Wolf scene was pretty horrific)

This is her optimal time to be included. She got it all really, it's just a matter of whether or not Sakurai chooses to include her. Which, I'm betting he will.

Also, yeah most of the SF crew can fight, but no one is left that is as popular as Krystal. None of them really get near her. Most characters don't get near her status of popularity on my polls either. Sakurai described Slippy as a "A top-notch mechanic with less- than-stellar battle skills." in Brawl.

Lyn has a notable hate base?
Plus playable character is far from assist trophies which is far from trophies.

Plus playable character is far from assist trophies which is far from trophies.

Among the FE fanbase, yes. But, like Waluigi, Krystal and Tingle, it's very much outweighed by her FANBASE.

Never heard of it until now.
Most people who play Fire Emblem are infatuated with Lyn. And because the Fire Emblem fanbase is not that big of a fanbase, I think it has little weight.

Tingle on the other hand is either liked or hated by a sizable fanbase. You could probably find him more than twice on the most hated Nintendo character lists.

Waluigi is pathetic and pointless and again you can find him on most hated Nintendo character lists. Even the maker of Brawl in the Family hates him. I would say he is the most hated Nintendo character.

Krystal... again, smaller fanbase but not as small as the Fire Emblem fanbase. Not enough haters to hold weight.

Last edited:
Krystal... again, smaller fanbase but not as small as the Fire Emblem fanbase. Not enough haters to hold weight.
1. Isaac (187)
2. Megaman (146)
3. Mewtwo (135)
4. Krystal (132)

1. Ridley (366)
2. King K. Rool (365)
3. Mewtwo (356)
4. Toad (342)
5. Megaman (338)
6. Isaac (313)
7. Krystal (292)

1. King K. Rool (265)
2. Ridley (260)
3. Mewtwo (248)
4. Isaac (232)
5. Little Mac (224)
6. Toad (217)
7. Krystal (206)

1. Mewtwo 433
2. Megaman 379
3. Ridley 330
4. King K. Rool 327
5. Roy 302
6. Little Mac (Punch Out) 270
7. Bowser Junior 236
8. Paper Mario 218
9. Isaac (Golden Sun) 218
10. Palutena 217
11. Waluigi 211
12. Krystal 209

(Look at the vote numbers)

Yup. Small fanbase. Tiny. Only recently has an FE character even surpassed her.

All I said was smaller fanbase
Smaller then Mario and Legend of Zelda.
Remember those game sales numbers you linked?
Star Fox was not that high on that list.

Character poles are one thing
Franchise sales (which parallels popularity) are quite another

I'm not sure Krystal will get in simply 'cause Star Fox is no longer valid as a vidya gaem series. The moment Retro Studios' new release is confirmed Star Fox WITH Krystal as a main character in it, I'll change my vote without a doubt. Currently however, she ain't gettin' that vote.

Fox
Flaco
Wolf

... No one has any Metroid representative suggestions? inb4 phantoon

Among the FE fanbase, yes.

lolwut?

Ice Climbers weren't revelent either, still got in. Sakurai doesn't care about "relevence". Really, it was seven years ago when Command came out, it was one generation ago. IC's were three generations old.

ICs were included with G&W as a representative of the ol' retro days. Why the Climbers were chosen over anyone else, I dunno... but they were. Krystal doesn't have anythin' like that goin' for her chances of bein' included.

Back