Wolf Thread!

Wolf? Weak? No!

He has great range, combos and a lot of KO moves. His Down Smash can KO at 117 uncharged. Bair can be used to KO as well as all the other smashes. Neutral A combo is really good. Blaster is spammable, no need to fear reflectors since it'd be gone by the time it reaches you. He's, overall, a great character and he's currently my main.

spoof said:
Wolf? Weak? No!

He has great range, combos and a lot of KO moves. His Down Smash can KO at 117 uncharged. Bair can be used to KO as well as all the other smashes. Neutral A combo is really good. Blaster is spammable, no need to fear reflectors since it'd be gone by the time it reaches you. He's, overall, a great character and he's currently my main.

You do realize that other characters are capable of killing at 117% right? All blasters are spammable.

Yes, I know he's a good character and he's also my main. I created this thread in hopes of getting more feedback and perhaps strategies for certain aspects where he lacks but I don't think that will happen.

Invalid said:
You do realize that other characters are capable of killing at 117% right? All blasters are spammable.

Yes, I know he's a good character and he's also my main. I created this thread in hopes of getting more feedback and perhaps strategies for certain aspects where he lacks but I don't think that will happen.

Wolf is in my opinion capable of greatness just out of mind games...the blaster is slower, yet it works..both Foward b and Up b can also be used to deceive, and the reflector is always handy. The A moves are wonderful, mostly because of their range, so there are no shortcomings there.

If you're talking of recovery, then just learn how to land...it's better, for example, to aim for the edge than for the stage itself, otherwise you'll be sent back out of the stage. When falling, you could deceive people by intentionally falling faster, and then randomly using the second jump or the Up b move directed at the ground.

Havent go wolf yet.....only played the game twice and got Ike, Marth, and some others..

Wolf seems pretty good when other players use him, i know i havent played with him yet....but its seems he could take the character that i have ALWAYS mained....*FOX*

F**k yeah, Wolf!

I unlocked him today and haven't stopped using him. My only problem with him is that it takes a while to be able to KO someone.

I like Wolf and Fox, pretty equal. For me it's...
Sonic > Wolf=Fox > Pokemon Trainer > Luigi > Captain Falcon
That's my personal Caste System for choosing characters, Wolf is up there, I respect him, however I like Fox's Side B more than Wolf's as it doesn't go at a slant, Fox can also direct his FireFox better than Wolf, however Wolf's much stronger, and Fox's Reflector seems to have a much higher knock back than Wolf's, Wolf does make up for the slightly less accurate moves mith his powerful A Smashes. I'd rather use Wolf as a second because of his power, but Fox is much faster and more accurate. Sonic still pwns.

Wolf is actually weaker in every aspect compared to Fox, it's just that all of his moves have a certain...flow to them.

Erg. Semi-old thread.
Tails McCloud~ said:
Wolf is weird. His slow speed and weight make him an upper middle weight class charecter, but he's one of the weakest charecters in the game.
I have to heavily disagree. Wolf's Up-Smash is a perfect killing move if you can hit them with the second kick. It's not HARD, per se, but it can miss. Side-Smash is okay, Down-Smash strikes on both sides, timing Side-B on someone in the air (at the very apex of the dash) is a hard strike. Up-B can be EASILY spammed in almost any level for a nice combo of hits, that can grab all players at once into it, and for a good percentage. Regular Up-A (non-smash) is a great hit as well. And shoot, WALKING-A is a hard strike as well.

So, in summation, I can't see how Wolf is anything NEAR weak in the hands of an experienced player who knows what to do with him.

Back