Wow, VERY good Metroid 3 Information

Good info, I am excited about those voice overs, which may lead to a Wii headset or something or the sort, this info allows us to make links:)

However, due to the asking for rep, I wont give.

ok, im back from my [wierd] no posting bann, so u guyd can rep me now lol.

and wtf guys. why the heck is there arguements in here? its a simple thread thats giving some information, so why is there all this debating?

Shoko said:
ok, im back from my [wierd] no posting bann, so u guyd can rep me now lol.

and wtf guys. why the heck is there arguements in here? its a simple thread thats giving some information, so why is there all this debating?

Um, still no rep from me:lol:

The ban wasn't stupid, if your saw you and muchroomed frim a third partys veiw point in some threads then wow. . . You got pretty carried away.

Meh, it's Wiichat, what do you expect:lol:

There's always arguements, but looks like this one has died:)

I am looking forward to the new lock on system, that will be pretty cool, I think locking on helps a lot in some games so it will be fun to see how it plays.

Shoko said:
Welcome to the 21st century, Nintendo
It has always bothered me that companies such as Game Informer is still in business. Here they talk as if they know anything. Nintendo didn't impliment this feature to change the face of gaming, in fact, they KNOW that this has been around for years. And here Game Informer talks as if Nintendo just discovered that it was possible to make NPC interact. I wonder if these companies will ever wake up and realise that Nintendo doesn't give a rat's ass about what they think, all they are is a bunch of scattered leaves that go with the wind.

Well, it is something that is pretty much standard in the rest of the industry. A lot of people that like Nintendo and Nintendo games have complained about the same thing. Why read text on a screen when you can hear some good spoken dialogue? It adds to the whole package to have it in there. A good example is Twilight Princess. When Ocarina came out it was ok to have text dialogue, but Twilight Princess shouldn't have had it.

IcedEarth81 said:
Why read text on a screen when you can hear some good spoken dialogue? It adds to the whole package to have it in there. A good example is Twilight Princess. When Ocarina came out it was ok to have text dialogue, but Twilight Princess shouldn't have had it.

I think voice-acting tends to be overrated industry-wide. When Bethesda dev'd Oblivion, they put a lot of funds and effort to voice everything and their dog, but at the end of the day, the game was less fun than Morrowind, not more. They also focused heavily on graphical "realism", hoping that the game would be immersive, and make people 'feel' like they were there. I've never felt like I was in any game. I've always felt like I was sitting in front of a monitor looking at it. It was pretty, but Nintendo normally has a better grasp on what really makes a game superior--gameplay.

samus does not speak here is a quote from an IGN article

Yes, there's voice work in Prime 3 and judging from the two-level demo, quite a lot of it. Once Samus is on foot again, she can freely walk through the space station and talk with all of its occupants. Naturally, the heroine herself remains mute, but now all of the mechanics and troopers have something to say and the acting is very well done and believable.

if this is helpfull plese rep me. dont think iv gotten any yet. tho i kinda feel like an ass for asking

Well, I don't want to sound stupid, but I don't get this whole thing.
How would you interact with Samus?
How does it work?
(ps-I'm new to Metroid. Never seen this game before in my life since I wasn't a gamer. Still, I'm not a hardcore gamer yet)

TortillaChip520 said:
other ppl would interact w/ her. you go up and talk to somebody, they talk back to you.

(supposedly)

Then why is it such a big news? All RPG game has that.
Is this considered a big news because previous Metroid games did not have it?
Doesn't sound really new to me...

eskiemong said:
Then why is it such a big news? All RPG game has that.
Is this considered a big news because previous Metroid games did not have it?
Doesn't sound really new to me...
metroid prime games never had voices period. maybe weird whirring sounds, but not voices. this is very big. it's like voice overs in zelda, as another person put it.

Back