Wtf is so bad about the Halo 3 story?

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
Ive seen people say that Halo 3 story was stupid and Halo 2 > Halo 3.

Ive also seen people say Bungie did a good job in finishing the story.

Now I own Halo:CE and Halo 2 and I do think Halo:CE story crushes Halo 2 because Halo 2 ended in a horrible cliffhanger. But Halo 3 was not a cliffhanger and it was just as epic as the first one. Halo:CE is maybe slightly better but Halo 3 really did a good job in finishing it. It also finishes it in a way that makes a new Halo game possible. Even though they said it's the end, I know MS is not gonna let that happen.

Obviously they're won't be a Halo "4" but there will be another Halo besides Halo Wars.

From what I remember reading, Peter Jackson is helping make another Halo game. Not Halo 4 but just another game.

I have not seen the whole story of Halo 3, just the ending. The ending was good, IMO, though some people say that Halo was just the prequel to Marathon, especially because of the way Halo 3 ended.

All in all, I believe all three games were good and are Xbox Classics. It was just over hyped and that was why many people were disapointed by it.

Nah I agree with you. It wasn't that bad. I felt Halo 2 was of course the worst. But I played 2 and 3 for the coop and MP in general. So the more diehard fans of the narrative (like the one's that read the novels and such) may have more to complain about than I would. I do wish there was a boss fight @ the end though. And yeah that semi-cliffhanger legendary ending was very interesting. We'll see how Halo performs without Bungie at the helm.

The only thing that disappointed me was it looked alot like Halo 2. I couldn't tell by screen shots but after playing it on my plasma monitor I realized it barely made a jump into next-gen graphics. Not that it ruined gameplay... but if you are going to finish the trilogy on the next console they should have made sure it was going to look good visually.

I can't say it was overhyped because, what really is overhyped? Just because there are millions of fans who are awaiting the game and everyone can't wait? Thats like bashing a game because it has a big following... Or is it because MS did a good job advertising it? Do you bash a game because you are mad that MS has good marketing skills?

Now i never been a Halo fanboy, hell I didn't give two shits about it even aftering loving Halo and Halo 2. Hell I haven't even bought the game yet, I just got a chance to burrow the game recently. Ive always acknowledged Halo 3 was good even though I didn't play it. There was no denying it's good, thats like denying SMG is good. Even if you don't like it, that doesn't make the game suck.

It's wierd how people have some sort of fanboy hate towards a game just because it gets more publicity or play than there favorite games. Hell I used to see Halo 3 vs Gears crap all the time. Now I see Halo 3 vs Call of Duty 4 just because it's the top 2 most played games on Live.

Oh btw, that thing with Peter Jackson isn't really a game, Im not even sure what it is. I think it's some kind of thing where you "play" it to watch a kind of "movie".

JCpackers05 said:
i just didnt like the storyline in general. so all of them were bad to me. i thought campaign was the only real weak link in this series.

You're the first person that I've seen that doesn't like the story line at all. (I don't mean that in a bad way.)

They are also coming out with Halo Wars for a sort of prequel to Halo so I believe that will be a great game.

Also, Bungie still owns Halo, but they're just not sided with Microsoft anymore so if they wanted to, they could make a Wii Halo version or a PS3 version.

Edit:
T3kNi9e said:
The only thing that disappointed me was it looked alot like Halo 2. I couldn't tell by screen shots but after playing it on my plasma monitor I realized it barely made a jump into next-gen graphics. Not that it ruined gameplay... but if you are going to finish the trilogy on the next console they should have made sure it was going to look good visually.

I can't say it was overhyped because, what really is overhyped? Just because there are millions of fans who are awaiting the game and everyone can't wait? Thats like bashing a game because it has a big following... Or is it because MS did a good job advertising it? Do you bash a game because you are mad that MS has good marketing skills?

Now i never been a Halo fanboy, hell I didn't give two shits about it even aftering loving Halo and Halo 2. Hell I haven't even bought the game yet, I just got a chance to burrow the game recently. Ive always acknowledged Halo 3 was good even though I didn't play it. There was no denying it's good, thats like denying SMG is good. Even if you don't like it, that doesn't make the game suck.

It's wierd how people have some sort of fanboy hate towards a game just because it gets more publicity or play than there favorite games. Hell I used to see Halo 3 vs Gears crap all the time. Now I see Halo 3 vs Call of Duty 4 just because it's the top 2 most played games on Live.

Oh btw, that thing with Peter Jackson isn't really a game, Im not even sure what it is. I think it's some kind of thing where you "play" it to watch a kind of "movie".

I'm not too sure with the Peter Jackson either.

And what I meant by overhyped was that they expected too much from it.

The graphics were pretty good to me. It did seem at first though that it would be way better. I mean compare the first Halo 3 trailer to the one before the release. Huge difference. Though I still think the graphics are way better than Halo 2.

Last edited:
I doubt it, im pretty sure MS has the rights to it. Remember, Bungie bought themselves out and im pretty sure MS would have never let Bungie go without first keeping the rights.

T3kNi9e said:
I doubt it, im pretty sure MS has the rights to it. Remember, Bungie bought themselves out and im pretty sure MS would have never let Bungie go without first keeping the rights.

True, though I think they just own the Halo Trilogy, but after that it's all Bungie's. IMO.

Well, judging by the fact that the campaign puts me to sleep if I play it alone...

Yeah.
There's something wrong with the Halo story.

No thats what I mean. All of it... Like no one could make a "Mario" game on another console because it would be copyright infringment. MS could hire a random developer to make a Halo game, but no one could make Halo and decide to publish it on another console.

Like how Activision hires Treyarch to make Call of Duty 5 because Activision owns the rights to Call of Duty.

I agree with all of that ManRed except: Microsoft owns the Halo IP.

Last edited:
From what I've seen it's looking like Command and Conquer style RTS

Shoti said:
From what I've seen it's looking like Command and Conquer style RTS

yesss command and conquer is the game i was thinking of. generaly i dont like those type of games thus Halo Wars is not interesting me. though im sure it will sell well simply because its Halo.

It will hit a million because RTS fans will buy it because it's Halo. Then maybe another million from people who don't know wtf they are buying but they see "HALO" slapped on it.

Hell, maybe more than that :p

I do like RTS games, but not many... so far only Blizzard RTS games have been good to me (WarCraft and StarCraft), ive hated everything else.

Back